• Am I the only one that misses the old huge capital markers that marked the original capitals on the board in the original AA games? I don’t know there was just something very satisfying placing your tiny little marker over the enemy’s captured capital. Also I’m not digging these terrain styled maps/boarders I kinda miss the politically colored ones from revised. What do you guys think of these aesthetic changes, they going in the right direction?

• I have every version of A&A (except the original Nova Games one with cardboard pieces) and I don’t recall any of them having capital marker pieces.  Are you perhaps referring to something printed on the map rather than to sculpts?

• Customizer

@The:

Am I the only one that misses the old huge capital markers that marked the original capitals on the board in the original AA games?

Yes.

• What capital markers?

• @Imperious:

What capital markers?

The full size roundel printed on each capital in the first/second edition & revised.  I believe he’s saying it’s satisfying to cover the printed full size roundel with his own roundel upon capture.

As to the map….  I have a soft spot for the revised colorblock map. It wouldn’t look as good for the Global 1940 game, in my opinion, but I think it still would have been handsome for 1942.

• @kcdzim:

@Imperious:

What capital markers?

The full size roundel printed on each capital in the first/second edition & revised.  I believe he’s saying it’s satisfying to cover the printed full size roundel with his own roundel upon capture.

As to the map….  I have a soft spot for the revised colorblock map. It wouldn’t look as good for the Global 1940 game, in my opinion, but I think it still would have been handsome for 1942.

That was an amazingly satisfying feeling

• Customizer

I think the more topographical map looks cooler. However, sometimes the borders can be hard to see.

• Permanent black marker: (discussion thread)

• The permanent marker definitely helps, but I would be too nervous about ruining the board to try it.

• @The:

The permanent marker definitely helps, but I would be too nervous about ruining the board to try it.

You could cover the board map with a thin sheet of acetate and draw the lines on the acetate.  No damage to the board that way.  If you goof up a line, you just erase it with some rubbing alcohol (which dissolves “permanent” marker ink) and re-draw it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m