Totally Insane Question about Russian NO

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

• 3 IPCs for each original German, Italian, or pro-Axis neutral territory that the Soviet Union controls. Theme: Propaganda value and spread of Communism

If America attacks Spain… all other -Neutral- territories become Pro-Axis.

Does that mean the soviets get +3? for those territories? Like Turkey/Sweden/Afghanistan/Saudi-Arabia for example?

• You would think Russia had more pressing things on its mind, like Germans deep in its country, than spreading Communism where it is not wanted!
    Sure this was asked before and cannot remember how it was answered.
    I think they would get the 3IPCs if they captured the territory though.

• '10

Don’t think they do. They aren’t “original” pro-Axis neutrals.

• TripleA

@Col.:

Don’t think they do. They aren’t “original” pro-Axis neutrals.

I read it the same way. The word “original” applies to all three. If it didn’t apply to the pro-axis neutrals, then it wouldn’t apply to Italian territories either, and that just wouldn’t make any sense. But who knows, maybe WOC put that in there on purpose as one of the many mistakes which would help to justify a reprint. Just sayin…

• Well done: original is the key word.
    No 3 IPCs then.
    Al just made me listen to a diving Stuka. It is great. Had forgotten.
    They were my favourite aeroplane.

But isn’t “original” the same as implying the ‘default controller’?  And default control is now Pro-Axis…

I am hoping you are right, and I read it the way you do, but it should be specifically clarified.

• TripleA

@Gargantua:

But isn’t “original” the same as implying the ‘default controller’?  And default control is now Pro-Axis…

I am hoping you are right, and I read it the way you do, but it should be specifically clarified.

So Pro-Axis is the new original? See what I mean? Yes, original could be interpreted that way. But the most common definition by far points back to the beginning of something, and at the beginning, the territories were strict neutral, not Pro-Axis.

I do agree with you on your second point, though: it should be clarified better.

• It refers to ORIGINAL pro-axis territories.  If it doesn’t say pro-axis on the board, it’s not ORIGINALLY a pro-axis territory.

• TripleA

America should never go to war with ecuador. Duh that is losing. Of course Julian Assange gets asylum there, don’t you keep up with current events?

• Thanks Kcdzim.

Thank you for the clarification, there are alot of grey areas with this.

Just like China for example… the original controller by setup -is- Japanese, but it’s really not, it’s China.

The fear is that someone misinterprets the rules, then ALWAYS attacks all neutrals with Russia (in a Sealion game), simply for all the + 3 grabs.

Imagine a Russian attack on Mongolia under this false pretense…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m