• Official Q&A

Yes, they connect.

• Two quick questions.
    First,  if no destroyers are present, do subs get their suprise strike every round or just the first round of combat.
    Second, if an aircraft carrier adjacent to a friendly land teritory is attacked and destroyed by only subs can the fighters move to land or are they destoryed at end of the attackers turn?

• Hi Redmage.
    1. Every round.
    2. They can always fly one space; so could land.

• Thanks.

• @Redmage2k:

First,  if no destroyers are present, do subs get their suprise strike every round or just the first round of combat.

And after all enemy destroyers are removed from combat as casualties, any remaining friendly subs regain their surprise strike ability.

• @cressman8064:

Do Seazones 6 & 8 connect? It looks like there is a water boarder between the two SZ.

:roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LPubUCJv58

• @Gerco:

Anniversary, global 1940 and 1942 second edition are different versions of the same game.  I think 1941 is a really different game and it is nice to play a short game. Also is this the game to play with people who are not familiar with Axis and Allies.

my friend and i who play a&a 1941 had a game that lasted for 7 hour, course after i captured Japan he wanted to continue, but i’ve never had a game that lasted under 4 hours, maybe my perception of time is different but i dont consider that a short amount of time

• I don’t understand how to battle please help

• @scrubsbigd:

I don’t understand how to battle please help

Here are the basics (though I don’t own this version and haven’t read the rules):

During combat movement, you move units into hostile territories or sea zones.  Air units need to save movement points to land.  When all combat movement is finished, battles are conducted one at a time.

Each unit rolls one die in battle and record ether a hit or miss.  After both attacker and defender have rolled, casualties are taken, and the attacker may chose to continue the battle or retreat.  And so on until one side (or both) is destroyed.

Do you have any specific questions?

• Quick question…if my warship get a hit in round 1 of a combat but no other hit and the attacker chooses to keep attacking and we go into 2nd round does my warship ‘heals’?

• Morning Darko.
    A battleship repairs its damage at the end of the combat in which it was involved, as long as it does not take a second hit.  Not at the end of each round of combat.

• thanx and id like to ask another noob question…in a players turn it says that all moves except ‘collect income’ are voluntary’Does it mean that i can  do for example 'purchase units,then non combat move and then collect income and end my turn?

• @darko777:

thanx and id like to ask another noob question…in a players turn it says that all moves except ‘collect income’ are voluntary’Does it mean that i can  do for example 'purchase units,then non combat move and then collect income and end my turn?

If you purchased units you have to place them in the ‘unit placement phase’, if possible.

• Official Q&A

The FAQ is finally official.  You can find it here.

• @Krieghund:

The FAQ is finally official.  You can find it on the product page on the official website.

So the

Soviet-Japanese Non-aggression Pact: Neither the Soviet Union nor Japan may
    attack territories controlled by the other until either Germany or Russia has
    been captured by an enemy power.

did not make it to the official FAQ obviously.

• Official Q&A

Nope.  Larry decided it was too much complication for an introductory game.

• The official FAQ has been updated per September 3, 2014:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/faqs

• The official FAQ has been updated per November 24, 2014:

What is new?

@FAQ:

Purchasing Units

Q. Can I purposely purchase more units than I can mobilize with the intent of deciding which
    units I want to keep based on the outcome of battles I intend to fight?

A. No. You may only purchase as many units as you will have the ability to mobilize after making repairs
    to any damaged industrial complexes. The rules for returning excess units are intended only for
    inadvertent over-purchasing.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/faqs

• I bought AAA1941 for my 9 year old son and we started playing with the help of some youtube tutorials.  There are certain scenarios that have occurred during the game about which we have some fairly detailed questions.  Does anyone have the time and willingness to offer some help?  The questions are as follows, but you can also email me privately, thanks.  The questions are verbose, sorry about that, but I didnt know how to condense them without losing the specific points…

1. If the NATIONAL PRODUCTION number-line printed on the top of the board keeps track of IPCs, how come we have to keep track of IPCs on a separate piece of paper?
      For example, if Germany starts a turn with 12 IPCs and purchases a Destroyer for 8 IPCs, wouldn’t that lower their NATIONAL PRODUCTION to 4 IPCs on the NATIONAL PRODUCTION number-line on the board? Or does it stay the same on the board and just get lowered in the bank (on the separate piece of paper) � and if so, is the NATIONAL PRODUCTION number-line on the board just keeping track of territories and not effected by purchases, and the bank (separate piece of paper) keeps track of purchases and NOT territories?

2. In battles:  If the battle looks something like this:
      ATTACKER: GERMANY
      1 Bomber
      1 Aircraft Carrier
      2 Fighters
      3 Infantry

DEFENDER: UNITED STATES
    1 Bomber
    1 Destroyer
    1 Fighter
    1 Infantry
    1 Transport
    I roll the dice for the Bomber to attack � but am I rolling the die once for the Bomber to attack the US Bomber, and then again for my Bomber to attack the US Destroyer, and then again for my Bomber to attack the US fighter, and a 4th time to attack the US Infantry, and a last time to attack the US Transport; and then roll the die for my Aircraft to attack each one of the US units again; and then do the same for each of my fighters and each of my infantry?
    OR do I roll the dice for my Bomber to attack just ONE of the US units? And then roll for the Aircraft carrier to attack another of the US units�so on?
    And if so, how do I determine which US unit my Bomber, or Aircraft, etc, is attacking? Or is it only a Bomber fights a Bomber, an aircraft fights an Aircraft, etc?

1. Related to above question, another permutation of battle:  If my German fighter attacks 3 US infantry � do I roll the die 3 times, one time for each of the 3 US infantry � or do I only attack once and if I hit, only take out one US infantry?  Conversely, I assume the 3 US infantry has one shot each, which is a total of 3 shots, against my fighter?

2. I know a tank can blitz, but if a territory is undefended and empty -has no hostile units in it and no friendly units in it- during a Combat Move can I just fly a fighter in, or walk an infantry in, and put a Control Marker there without a battle at all?

3. If the US wants to invade Japan, being an island, how do I offload land units form a transport in order to combat there?  It seems I am not allowed to offload land-units onto hostile islands?  Am I only allowed to combat hostile islands with air units?
      Another permutation of this situation:
      If my German Tank is in Gibraltar and I want to combat in North Africa, which us currently controlled by US, how do I get my tank from Gibraltar to North Africa if I cannot offload land units into hostile territory? Do I have to take a circuitous route and go all the way around to invade from an adjacent German-controlled territory?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m