Japan Attack on Russia turn 1 a huge success

• build infantry, kill russia.

• TripleA

The main issue is uk pacific building mechanized inf and getting lots of money. also ruskies retreat fairly quickly.

The burma road is also the bulk of china’s income.

UK Pac DOW comes round 2 on japan so he can get +5 at war. if your naval is in tokyo it isn’t really threatening his islands.

UK pac moves into the burma road, china gets his NO. eventually your units slug their way down, but the income you gained off russia is mitigated by the income uk pacific got off the islands for 3 rounds.

uk pac can also send mech inf to help russians.

USA should position himself by queensland, taking the islands later on is rough.

I like the concept, but most players get aggressive with uk pac, anzac, and china.
    ~
    if you don’t have a foothold in SEA, then the spice islands will not be yours. uk pac + china + anzac makes more income than japan if they have the islands and not you… this is really rough for japan.

• @Cow:

The main issue is uk pacific building mechanized inf and getting lots of money. also ruskies retreat fairly quickly.

The burma road is also the bulk of china’s income.

UK Pac DOW comes round 2 on japan so he can get +5 at war. if your naval is in tokyo it isn’t really threatening his islands.

UK pac moves into the burma road, china gets his NO. eventually your units slug their way down, but the income you gained off russia is mitigated by the income uk pacific got off the islands for 3 rounds.

uk pac can also send mech inf to help russians.

USA should position himself by queensland, taking the islands later on is rough.

I like the concept, but most players get aggressive with uk pac, anzac, and china.
    ~
    if you don’t have a foothold in SEA, then the spice islands will not be yours. uk pac + china + anzac makes more income than japan if they have the islands and not you… this is really rough for japan.

I was extremely fortunate to have a timid approach by the allies in the pacific. India took to long to realize I had no intention of ever threatening them and by the time units started moving to the middle east I had already gotten 68+ income with Japan. I think your completely right that my strategy was lucky due to the allies keeping peace. Although can you really blame the Allies? If they had attacked early my navy could sack Hong Kong and move for malaya/Indonesia with no fear of the USA. Keep in mind Japan is extremely flexible early on and I could have easily just changed from Russia to China/India if they attacked early. It is because of this that I find my strategy extremely balanced and viable. Round 2 I purchased 2 Carriers as Japan. This made a USA stack off hawaii too dangerous and gave my navy the freedom to leave tokyo and wreck havoc as I did my thing in Russia.

• TripleA

uk1 they can get dutch island, anzac 1 same thing.  uk2 and anzac 2 same thing. why not DOW UK2? All it costs is USA combat move, which he would not get anyway by your gameplay.

Plus you said you were in tokyo and that area mostly.

Plus USA  should have the dd and cruiser from anzac along with the bship in hawaii or stage off of queensland and guard the cash islands from there
    ~

Early game is all about the dutch islands. that is one of the first priorities for the pacific. If you are not doing it or setting up for it…  UK pacific should be making 30 ipc. anzac 20. It is typical for J3 DOW players.

Also if USA is worried about getting sunk, you have a bad opponent. USA is never afraid of being hit by Japan. he moves naval to hawaii. so what if you kill it? counter attack is right there. Especially if you don’t have the dutch islands.
    ~
    allies being timid when they make 2.5 times your income is just bad. bad opponent is bad.
    ~
    maybe I am just hyper aggressive toward timid japan players, but when japan is outproduced, that is when allies need to push

• TripleA

I feel like no one plays both sides of the board around here. that everyone is axis lol. I should post some allies stuff.

• @Cow:

uk1 they can get dutch island, anzac 1 same thing.  uk2 and anzac 2 same thing. why not DOW UK2? All it costs is USA combat move, which he would not get anyway by your gameplay.

Good Japan play would have the vast majority - if not all - of the Japanese fleet in SZ 36, prepped to hit all the islands.
    I don’t know if a UK2 attack is worth it in that case.

• TripleA

ugh he said he was shipping to amur J1. so UK 1 takes an isle anzac 1 takes an isle.

J2 I don’t know where he is, but UK and ANZAC can take 3 more isles (anzac buys tran and inf round 1 to his his +5 NO).

Then he said he doesn’t DOW till J3. So if he is not in range of the islands… UK will DOW him so him an anzac can get +5 each.

• @Cow:

I feel like no one plays both sides of the board around here. that everyone is axis lol. I should post some allies stuff.

And I feel like you always act like you’re the only one person who knows anything.

• '17 '16 '15

if japan has her enire fleet in sz 36 on turn 1 and the brits send india dstry there doesn’t that cork japans movement on a turn 2 DOW?

or am I misinterpreting the movement rules?

• @Cow:

ugh he said he was shipping to amur J1. so UK 1 takes an isle anzac 1 takes an isle.

Well yes, if Japan displaces its transports like that on J1, then yes, UK should take advantage.  But that’s not really standard Japan play to move its transports out of the way like that on J1.  Normally Japan would be able to punish a UK2 attack very hard.

ugh  :lol:

• @barney:

if japan has her enire fleet in sz 36 on turn 1 and the brits send india dstry there doesn’t that cork japans movement on a turn 2 DOW?

or am I misinterpreting the movement rules?

You are.  A UK destroyer in the same zone does not prevent Jap fleet movement even on a turn 2 DOW, nor does it prevent loading of transports (an exception is made by the rules for loading transports on the first turn of DOW - i.e. normally a hostile warship in your zone prevents loading, but not if you just declared war on them)

• '17 '16 '15

thanks for the reply

just to make sure

if two countries not at war share the same sz at the start of ones turn they can DOW on the power they share the sz with and move wherever they want

• TripleA

r2 the allies should have all the dutch islands and new guinea.

r2 uk dow on japan so uk can merge with chinese forces on yunnan.

anzac should have a fighter in india or with the china/uk merge.

the french dd anzac dd uk dd should all be somewhere blocking…. if you have enough to sink a japan transport do it.

It’s all pretty standard allies play, especially if you drop up top r1.

• @barney:

thanks for the reply

just to make sure

if two countries not at war share the same sz at the start of ones turn they can DOW on the power they share the sz with and move wherever they want

You’re welcome

You need to read the top right of page #13 of the Europe Manual “Sea Units Starting in Hostile Sea Zones”

• '17 '16 '15

thanks again

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m