Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

I have lost russia turn 5 for the last 4 games in a row….

• Yeah,

the way I see it (although I have no proof of it, its an estimation), the earlier Germany DOWs Russia, the stronger the UK will emerge from the first round battles. OR Germany messes up its fronts with the Russians.

• The only advantage G1 has over G2 is that you kill the russian inf on the frontier.  You get to moscow in the same amount of time.  As long as the western allies prepare for it properly, and russia does not throw away too much inf, then Moscow will hold.

• 2015 '14

@ghr2:

The only advantage G1 has over G2 is that you kill the russian inf on the frontier.  You get to moscow in the same amount of time.  As long as the western allies prepare for it properly, and russia does not throw away too much inf, then Moscow will hold.

This is the huge difference. Killing 7 Russian inf is huge.

regarding the AWN vs gamerman game. I have to say I never played G1 DOW but I certainly will soon. I  believe it is a viable strategy and so does e.g. gamerman and AWN.

• We haven’t done G1 Barbarossa, but G2 is very viable IMO. You need to strafe Yugo from S Germ and retreat to Romania (at least 1 Romanian inf goes in for retreat route). Italy can finish in the Balkans, or even Germany could clean it up G2. Your tanks/mech in the west will catch up (go through N Italy/Yugo). Your main German army may get stalled at some point, but the Russians are losing territory a round quicker and you may be able open up Russia’s southern territories a round faster (into Ukraine IC and the oil). The Russians might feel a little bold because you don’t have as much pushing in the early rounds and try to fight for Leningrad. We all know that if they fight for Leningrad things don’t normally work out for them (dead units can’t defend Moscow). Another transport or two in the Baltic is helpful to shuttle units into the Russian north, or retake Norway if needed.

• It also depends on how you are handling the sz 125 NO for russia and russia taking Iraq a turn or 2 earlier.

• @iceage36:

Also i would say i lose about 6-8 original russian infantry who cant retreat back fast enough from the tanks…

I am sorry for being harsh. If he does not attack until G2, this number should always be 0. The only reason for it not to be is if you use a few inf to screen.

All you really have to do is to make your infstacks so big that his tanks are not strong enough to attack them. This is actually not that difficult to do against the force germany can have in russia on g3-g4.

I don’t know exactly what you are doing wrong, but I am pretty sure you are not conducting an effective retreat and not having enough art to present a real danger for a counterattack (which should stop the german for at least 1 turn.

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m