My Axis & Allies 1942 Room…

• Here are the basic symbols - I left the numbers off so you can add your own. I left a blank too if you want to add Italy or something later.

Convoy symbols.zip

• OK can you resave this in PNG. format extension? Jpegs are just ruined when you expand them.

• Pinged…. :-D

convoy symbols.png.zip

• ok thanks

• Here is the area around the Battle of the Atlantic - I marked the Straits with red auto pinstriping. The symbol in Zone 9 says “Linked Zone 10” This means if Zone 10 shuts down (by the Axis invading East USA) then zone 9 shuts down too. The symbol in zone 12 says “Linked East” meaning if the UK no longer has any holdings East of that zone, the zone shuts down.  Normally a convoy zone shuts down if the land zone adjacent to or within it is invaded. Â

Japanese holdings. US subs devastated Japanese shipping historically so there are several Japanese convoys.

• OMG! That is a room to be envied for sure! love it all dude and thanks for sharing the convoy stickers, very nice< love the cross hairs on the transport!
    Thoes426 :evil:

• @Der:

Hello all - a spare bedroom opened up in my basement and I’ve converted it into my own war room. � The centerpiece is Imperious Leader’s excellent 1942 map which I downloaded to a zip file and took to a local printer.

First an overall view of the table in the room:

Another view - propaganda posters and newspaper clippings from WWII are framed on the walls:

Next the ceiling: 2 strips of bright studio lights. A historic flag from each major nation in WWII is draped to the corners:

Handmade wood and felt dice rolling trays on both sides of the map keep the dice from hitting other pieces:

Handmade wooden trays for each nation:

This map on the wall is a copy of an actual German invasion map - circa Sept. 1942 - Stalingrad.

The closet was converted into a nook with a 40’s look. I keep all my extra pieces and game parts in the dresser below and the radio plays Cds with 40’s music:

A custom production chart at the head of the table - made of sheet metal with magnetic markers:

My custom battle-boards are double sided “attack” and “defense” to increase size and utility - each side of the table has it’s own that can be flipped over according to the situation:

Lastly, to avoid those disastrous game ending spills - everyone has his own cup holder under the table. House rule: no drinks on the table!

I’ve been wanting to something like this for 25 years - finally have the space and a good tolerant wife. Now the guys can play and just walk off and shut the door and it will all be there next time. Thanks again to Imperious Leader for the great map! �  �

Just wow! amazing, really.

• You have the world’s greatest A&A War room ever! I would suggest better dice though!

• Thanks! Maybe some FMG dice for Christmas, eh? Can’t justify buying them now with all I’ve sunk into the room so far.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Yea wow!!!  It’s cool just seeing the pictures, well done man.  Not many basements in California but I guess I could take my 1 year old and 5 year old down to the fire station (they take kids up to 15 years I think in California) knock out the wall between their rooms and still not have anything that cool….awesome!!!  you had me at nook!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

That’s no game room, that is a shrine.

• Your collection and set up is truly awesome.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m