FMGC 2012 - Gaming Convention - GTA CANADA

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Tell you what, how about you show up, play as france, and we’ll figure it out from there?!  LOL.

Nah, in all seriousness, make the effort!

• Rubber bands and a fan blade.

• Hey Gargantua, I see your Nuke and I raise you a zombie apocalypse in the good old U.S.A.

• Customizer

I’ll be there and bringing my global game as well as my other 3 blown up maps. can’t wait! Hopefully both guys from my podcast will be there as well. As to the parking, would it be better to cab it both ways from the hotel there Saturday or would the car be safe there overnight? When does the place open up on Saturday? I’m 2 hours away and need to know if I should book a room for Friday & Saturday or just come up Saturday morning,

• @Most:

I’ll be there and bringing my global game as well as my other 3 blown up maps. can’t wait! Hopefully both guys from my podcast will be there as well. As to the parking, would it be better to cab it both ways from the hotel there Saturday or would the car be safe there overnight? When does the place open up on Saturday? I’m 2 hours away and need to know if I should book a room for Friday & Saturday or just come up Saturday morning,

If I remember correctly it opened up between 9am and 10am on the Saturday morning.  If cost of a hotel room is an issue, I’d say just come in the morning on the Saturday and book one night.  Then you could either cab to/from the hotel or drive.  (and driving gives you the option to head out for a bite to eat during the day without paying for another cab.  There are a few places to eat a couple of blocks away but anything else is quite a loooooong walk).

There is a LOT of parking available and I’d say that your car should be safe overnight.

Anyone heard from FMG?  It’s been more than awhile…

• Customizer

If it opens up at 09:00 I’d have to leave here around 06:00. Looks like I’ll head up there Friday night.

• Im going to register this weekend and a list of good Hotels/Motels in the area would be nice, I want to make reservations for Friday and Saturday night.  I’ll be standing  the door at 8:00 in the morning.

It will be good to meet some of ya’ll

• @suprise:

Im going to register this weekend and a list of good Hotels/Motels in the area would be nice, I want to make reservations for Friday and Saturday night.  I’ll be standing  the door at 8:00 in the morning.

Likely the 3 best choices for hotels that are an easy 5-10 minute drive down the road from the hall (and near the highway for ease of finding the hotel)

1. Best Western Plus Durham Hotel and conference center
      559 Bloor Street West, Oshawa, Ontario (905) 723-5271  book.bestwestern.com

2. Travelodge Oshawa Whitby  
      940 Champlain Avenue, Oshawa, ON L1J 7A6 (905) 436-9500  travelodge.com

3. Comfort Inn  
      605 Bloor Street West, Oshawa, Ontario (905) 434-5000  choicehotels.ca

As for standing at the doors at 8am … that’s pretty die-hard.  lol.  We won’t even be there at that time (i doubt it anyway).  We’re hoping to have everything set up the night before (unlike last year when there was a seniors dance the night before so we scrambled to set up the morning of!).

@Gargantua:

Anyone heard from FMG?  It’s been more than awhile…

What do you need to know?  I can get ahold of Jeremy if needed.

Well I emailed him twice requesting information.  About the event, and some of his products that may be available.

AND I needed to talk strategy with him, about the game he’s supposed to be my ally in!

But I haven’t seen or heard from him :S

I’m going all out for this event dude, I’m hoping you guys are too?

• @Gargantua:

Well I emailed him twice requesting information.  About the event, and some of his products that may be available.

AND I needed to talk strategy with him, about the game he’s supposed to be my ally in!

But I haven’t seen or heard from him :S

I’m going all out for this event dude, I’m hoping you guys are too?

Ahhh, ok.  I had lunch with him about 2 weeks ago … he’s currently in the process of getting his house ready to sell so I imagine he’s overwhelmed at the moment.  I’ll prod him to see if he’s got your messages.  ;)

• Customizer

We need more info! Can we get pizza delivered directly to the Eastern Front? 15 hours is barely enough time to play Global we can’t be leaving for food. (Come to think of it, my buddy Ray does take a long time to do his turns :-D)

• @Most:

We need more info! Can we get pizza delivered directly to the Eastern Front? 15 hours is barely enough time to play Global we can’t be leaving for food. (Come to think of it, my buddy Ray does take a long time to do his turns :-D)

Absolutely.  There’s a Pizza Pizza just down the street that would happily deliver I’m sure.

Institute a time limit on turns.  Tell Ray to make sure he’s ready to go (purchases and moves mostly planned out) BEFORE his turn.  (that’s what our group does … works quite well for shortening turn time and keeping things moving).

• Customizer

@Rorschach:

Institute a time limit on turns.  Tell Ray to make sure he’s ready to go (purchases and moves mostly planned out) BEFORE his turn.  (that’s what our group does … works quite well for shortening turn time and keeping things moving).

Plug time: If you’ve listened to the Dicetruction Podcast you’ll notice we try everything short of making his moves for him to hurry him up. Thanks for the info, you’ve been pretty helpful.

• Customizer

I can’t wait until this event!!!  Last year was a lot of fun but this yet will be even better!!!

Axis and Allies, WW2 miniatures, warhammer 40k and as many boardgames that you can think of!  Awesome!!!

Can’t effin wait!!!

• registration complete we’ll see you then, I cant wait!!!

• Customizer

Has anyone booked a room yet? I’m planning on booking it maybe last minute or a week ahead of time but it’d be cool if we were all staying at the same place for after party purposes. Post here if you have a room already or if you’ve an idea of where the best place to stay is. (proximity to event, noise tolerance of staff,price, least cockroaches)

• FAQ’s (including hotel information, open/close times, local places for food, etc) and the most up to date info, as well as a place to openly discuss and set up games for FMGC2012 is being offically hosted on the Iwillnevergrowup Forums.

http://iwillnevergrowup.forumer.com

I’m staying at the grasshoppers inn.

• Customizer

@Gargantua:

I’m staying at the grasshoppers inn.

Is that in Scarborough? looks like a 45 minute drive. I’m thinking of staying at one of the places at the end of the road. 2 clicks can be done in 20 minutes at a high speed wobble.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m