• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Oh, that’s in place of the France NO where you have a british and american dude standing in France goin “dang, I could walk to Frankfurt and get a dog, but I have to sit here in Paris getting chewed out because I want Ketchup on my Freedom Fries!”

• @Razor:

@Cmdr:

Removing the NO from England was probably an unnecessary factor in having people consider Russia before England.

Hitler did not want a little island, he wanted big Lebensraum in the east. To conquer a tiny island was not the main National Objective of the Nazies in the real war, so why reward them if they do it in this game ? Germany may of course conquer UK with Alpha+3 rules too, but UK is not the big trophy any more. The rich soil in Russia is the prize.

You may be right, but in this game, Hitler is replaced by me!  So why should my decisions have to follow Hitler’s, he was a maniac anyways.  My point is that options=variability=replayability=more fun!  That’s pretty much my equation in a nutshell.

@JimmyHat:

@Razor:

@Cmdr:

Removing the NO from England was probably an unnecessary factor in having people consider Russia before England.

Hitler did not want a little island, he wanted big Lebensraum in the east. To conquer a tiny island was not the main National Objective of the Nazies in the real war, so why reward them if they do it in this game ? Germany may of course conquer UK with Alpha+3 rules too, but UK is not the big trophy any more. The rich soil in Russia is the prize.

You may be right, but in this game, Hitler is replaced by me!  So why should my decisions have to follow Hitler’s, he was a maniac anyways.  My point is that options=variability=replayability=more fun!  That’s pretty much my equation in a nutshell.

Bah, the Nazi’s assassinated Hitler years before Russia/America/England got into Germany proper and replaced him with a doppleganger. Gee, arn’t you up to date on your conspiracies?  Eh?

No seriously, London is an objective because it’s a capitol.  That’s the only reason I want it as one.  I want Washington and Rome to be ones too!

• Britain may not have been an original goal of Nazi Germany, but after it entered the war it became one, at least until they basically lost the Battle for Britain (the air campaign).  Really, any enemy capital would be an objective in a war, and that’s basically how it went in WWII.  The Allies went for Rome and Berlin (and would have gone for Tokyo), and the Axis went after London, Paris, and Moscow.  It’s pretty symbolic and prestigious and stuff to take an enemy capital.

• Just thought of something from reading another thread, but this is a good place to put it….

Once Russia declares war on Japan and invades Japan, I think Japan should be able to invade Amur from Korea or Manchuria without penalty.  Do you?

• Customizer

@Gamerman01:

Just thought of something from reading another thread, but this is a good place to put it….

Once Russia declares war on Japan and invades Japan, I think Japan should be able to invade Amur from Korea or Manchuria without penalty.  Do you?

I think that is the case already.  I’m pretty sure that the Mongolia penalty for Japan attacking Amur from Manchuria/Korea is only if they attack Russia first.  If Russia has already attacked Japan, then Japan is free to attack Russia in any territory from any territory.  At least that makes sense to me.

• You are correct, and Larry just stated that in a post.

@Gamerman01:

Just thought of something from reading another thread, but this is a good place to put it….

Good, I was wondering about that.

I think in addition to Mongolia, Russia should get the 12 IPCs as well. :P  But I’m a loon for keeping Japan out of Russia.

• Official Q&A

What Larry said was that he’s thinking about changing the rule.  As of right now, Mongolia joins the Allies if Japan attacks Amur from Manchuria and/or Korea, whether or not Japan and the USSR are already at war.

@Krieghund:

What Larry said was that he’s thinking about changing the rule.  As of right now, Mongolia joins the Allies if Japan attacks Amur from Manchuria and/or Korea, whether or not Japan and the USSR are already at war.

Ah.  Good to know.  So essentially, Russia always wins the neutral agreement.  Japan can never invade Amur from Manchuria/Korea without giving Mongolia to Russia.

• @Cmdr:

It was necessary because he removed the British NO for no German Subs in the Atlantic.

@edfactor:

@Cmdr:

It was necessary because he removed the British NO for no German Subs in the Atlantic.

I am confused…how is it necessary to take the NO out of England because the No Submarine NO was moved to Paris?

• I think they are trying to say that since England doesn’t get an NO for no German subs on the board it doesn’t give Germany the need to build subs and in general building units towards England

@urmomsmom7:

I think they are trying to say that since England doesn’t get an NO for no German subs on the board it doesn’t give Germany the need to build subs and in general building units towards England

That makes partial sense.  I still think you need submarines for Germany, but a lot less.  Before you needed 4 in SZ 109, 2 in SZ 106, 2 in SZ 82.  Now you need 2 in SZ 109, 1 in SZ 106 and 1 in SZ 82 to get almost the same results as before.

What the change does, however, is weaken England to the tune of 5 IPC a round.  There’s not a bat’s chance in hades that England and America are putting units in Paris until the game is already over (but the axis won’t concede).  Essentially, what Larry did, was to remove 10 IPC a round from the Allies give the Axis a significant boost in buying power in relation to the what the Allies used to get.

It also means that the Allies dont ahve to go beserk trying to kill every submarine on the board too.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m