Played alpha+1 twice and it is still a giant turtlefest

• So can you guys let me know when the beta is coming out so i can chop my balls off and test that one out too for ya.

So global sucks as it stands and I’ll play 50th anniversary until yall figure out how to make a decent game.

I have some suggestions. Screw carrier tilts bring it back to 14 with no tilt and a 1 attack, screw repairing at a naval base, screw 6 ipc tanks bring it back to 5, let people build major IC on foreign territories so the game can go somewhere,

the rest you guys can go figure out, but the game needs to not be a giant 17 hour turtlefest of doing nothing until america has too much stuff that the axis concedes.

• If you don’t like long games, you should not have bought the game.

• '10

@calvinhobbesliker:

If you don’t like long games, you should not have bought the game.

Good one Calvin!

• If all of your games turned out to be a “turtlefest” then find new players who will actually play to win.

• @undauntedcow:

So can you guys let me know when the beta is coming out so i can chop my balls off and test that one out too for ya.

So global sucks as it stands and I’ll play 50th anniversary until yall figure out how to make a decent game.

I have some suggestions. Screw carrier tilts bring it back to 14 with no tilt and a 1 attack, screw repairing at a naval base, screw 6 ipc tanks bring it back to 5, let people build major IC on foreign territories so the game can go somewhere,

the rest you guys can go figure out, but the game needs to not be a giant 17 hour turtlefest of doing nothing until america has too much stuff that the axis concedes.

Damn negative nancy. If you don’t enjoy it, don’t play it. No need to rant on here if you’ve got all the answers on how to fix it. Play however you want and be done with it. If you want a game that ends in an hour play Risk and stop your b!tching.

• i understand, wouldn’t want to play a game for many hours where nothing happens
    i’d say, calculate the IPC
    but normally if axis turtle, they lose
    if allies turtle, they can win due to IPC (so how good they turtle :P)

• Undauntedcow,

I am not sure what strategy your players are using, but our players never have the big massive stacks of units seem in some of the games. Usually 20 infantry with a handful of support units in an area is as big as our armies get. Normally this only happens on the Russian Front.

Our games usually last between 4-8 turns. After that one side or the other has a clear lead and the game is called. And then we start a new one. We often play two Global games in one day.

I agree that just playing defense and building massive armies just waiting for the American Hammer to fall is no fun, so…… just go get them first.

• @undauntedcow:

I have some suggestions.

I have a suggestion: go away. Thank you.

• “This game isn’t fun because of the strategy I used! Its the unofficial fan website’s fault!”

• '10

I enjoy every game…  even if it is an up hill battle.  It is the thrill of battle and the challenge that makes if fun.

We all know the AXIS get the short end of the stick, but that is why your AXIS victories are so much more glorious.

• Customizer

undauntedcow,
    It sounds like you believe that the Axis can’t withstand the USA entering the war no matter what.  Perhaps that has been the case in your games.  It also depends on how good a player you have playing the USA.  If he/she is really good, and the Axis players are maybe average or less, then of course once the USA gets into the war, with it’s huge income and good build-up of forces during the first three rounds, they are going to clean the Axis’ clocks.  A number of people have suggested that USA is too strong economically for a balanced game, myself included.  Still, if you have pretty decent Axis players, the USA can be held in check long enough to win the war.  One thing I really like is the new NO system for USA so instead of one big 30 IPC NO, they now have 5 or 6 5 IPC NOs that each depend on certain circumstances.  This way even America’s great economic might can be limited some.
    My Axis gaming friends usually play it to leave USA neutral for as long as possible, ie the first 3 rounds, and then try to deal with them and hope we have UK, ANZAC and Russia beaten down enough that we can at least hold the USA off while trying to capture victory cities to win the game.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
    Recently, we played a game where Japan decided to go all out and attacked everything but Russia on J1, thus bringing USA into the war right away.  Believe it or not, the Axis ended up winning that game and it sort of seemed like USA was easier to handle dealing with them from round 1 than letting them sit for 3 rounds.  Sure, they had a much larger income right away, but they also had less military units to start with.  Then again, maybe our USA player was just too surprised by the early attack and couldn’t figure out his strategy.  He might have been too used to the 3 round build up.

• @undauntedcow:

Your suggestions suck btw.  Alpha+.1 is a really nice setup.  I have no idea why your other players are turtling… but that should give Axis the advantage on Russia.  Which will give them the win… I’m thinking your Axis players suck.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

This guy probably doesn’t move all his pieces on the board.

Try doing that, find a purpose for everything you have, otherwise you might as well not have it.

• fail

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m