• Silly question- Alpha+2 hands down.

• I didn’t know anyone besides Func still played OOB

Does OOB still include the ridiculous disparity in aircraft in the Pacific vs. in the Europe board?  OOB where ANZ has almost as much airpower as GERMANY??  OOB where you can scramble only from islands and you have unlimited scrambling??  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
    OOB where you can do UNLIMITED scramble from Japan, but can scramble exactly ZERO fighters from England?  :lol:  :lol: OOB is a joke

• That poll isn’t even close. I played Alpha with the guys this weekend for the first time. We started at about 7:20pm and called it quits at 2:00am.  You have to alot for a ton of time to play this. With that being said. All of us loved it and we will be back for more.

• OOB is dead the water, Alpha is definitely the way to go.

• Alpha 2 is far better.

In OOB the US can build 10 units on the front line in Korea and Norway, and thier 80 IPC income can not be affected.

The new NO rules make the game far more interesting.

• @Blart:

Alpha 2 is far better.

In OOB the US can build 10 units on the front line in Korea and Norway, and thier 80 IPC income can not be affected.

The new NO rules make the game far more interesting.

I knew there were things I forgot to mention!

Forward majors - ridiculous!!
    Better NO’s!  Russia can take over 4 German territories (for example) and earn TWENTY-FOUR extra IPC’s, but if she loses one single territory anywhere, that’s a 24 IPC per turn loss?  RIDICULOUS!  I like the 3 IPC per territory and no other requirement much better.  Now if he would just change that ridiculous 5 IPC NO that has 4 different requirements…

Also, I hated the way ANZAC could rake in 24-30 per turn before Japan got in the war.  Thank goodness he fixed that to require at-war status.  Those who think Larry is some kind of demi-god - just look at OOB 1940 and all the massive changes he had to make after that…  D’OH!  :-)

• Well Alpha 2 has the creator/designers signature on it… obvious they thought it needed improved.

• @TMTM:

Well Alpha 2 has the creator/designers signature on it… obvious they thought it needed improved.

That’s what I’m saying.  It’s funny to me when people say “well, since this is the rule it must be what Larry intended”.  Ha!  He misses all KINDS of stuff.  Wish I could play against him head to head.  :-D

• @Blart:

If USA is buying a IC for those places, Axis is doing something very very bad, specially if the IC goes to Korea

Anyway, I hate the new turn order for alpha2: too many powers playing consecutive and then, a only-France turn  :?

• @Funcioneta:

@Blart:

If USA is buying a IC for those places, Axis is doing something very very bad, specially if the IC goes to Korea

Anyway, I hate the new turn order for alpha2: too many powers playing consecutive and then, a only-France turn  :?

I love the turn order.  It’s the same as P40, so now if I play P40 I won’t get all screwed up.  Plus Japan REALLY needs the USA to go immediately after them so she can at least destroyer block.  And no, the Axis doesn’t have to make a really bad play to give up a Korea complex.  Just get caught with air and fleet away from Japan, USA sneak a transport in and Russia immediately reinforce with waiting ground units.

Oh, that’s right.  OOB has nothing to stop Russia and Japan from going at it from turn 1.  :-P  And Russia walking right into NW Persia and into Persia and Iraq on turn 2…  :-P  Face it, Func, OOB is a relic of the past!!  :-)

• 45 to 10, with Func voting 10 times using different usernames!  :lol:

• is there some place where I can download Alpha-2 rules and new set-up charts? (I know there are ‘aids’ made by users, and posts, here and there, but is it an Alpha Rule Book somewhere outhere?)
    thanks

• @gamerman01:

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4167&start=0

Straight from Larry - on his site.

Thanks Gamerman. I’ve seen that one (and the game-aids developed by users)  :-)
    I was wondering if this have been put all together in a new game manual though

additionally: is something like this for Alpha2 pacific and europe in adition to global?

thanks in advance

• Gallo, it’s not finalized yet, so no manual yet.  If you look around on Larry’s site maybe you can find out what kind of time-table we’re looking at, but I don’t know if anyone knows right now, including  :-P Larry.

Also, look around on Larry’s site for Alpha rules for E40 and P40 but as far as I know there’s really not anything.  P40 has an airplane reduction plan but same rules.

• play OOb too
    there’ll be an alpha 3, and a beta 47 and a gamme 119 version soon, with everybody complaining about the littlest things

we do use the neutral russia on pacific isn’t neutral russia on europe
    so persia can’t be taken when only at war with japan

• til today only played oob. to me it makes no sense to change that, since “killer-strategies” (strategies with 100%-garanteed wins) are not found yet in neither version.

• I must be behind the times But I ve only played 3 games and they have taken me and my mate 5 months to play 1-2 nights a week for 4-5 hours. We haven’t moved onto any alpha rules yet but I m interested by peoples comments and i want to get a copy of Alpha 2 rules. Can anyone help me?and Also how many games have people played before they changed. Each game takes so long it hardly seems like enough time has passed. Func sounds like a dude.

• Alpha +2!

It has made our games actually come down to skill and strategy. New scatter rules give Germany a fair chance.

• @gamerman01:

45 to 10, with Func voting 10 times using different usernames!  :lol:

I have a life. And no time to do such nonseses  :-D

Just switch ANZAC with China’s turn order, and the can opener issue is solved. No need to make such drastical change. The other changes could be interesting if Larry decides add a ‘definitive version’ label

Chesty: I wonder what means ‘sounds like a dude’  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m