• Does alpha =1 only apply to global,
    Or are the setup and rules change still good if playing only europe or only pacific?
    Tha a lot!

• Well, the setup hasn’t been playtested for the half-games, so they may not work.

• Official Q&A

The goal is for the changes to apply to all three games, but so far they’ve only been tested for global.

• @Boyardee:

Does alpha =1 only apply to global,
    Or are the setup and rules change still good if playing only europe or only pacific?
    Tha a lot!

Our Battle Group has been using the Alpha + .1 changes for the Europe ‘half-game’ and like them very much.  We only changed one of the NOs for the US at war which was to reduce the 15 IPCs for control of the Continental US to 10 IPCs. Also, any ANZAC units were replaced with French units.  We are scheduled to play on Jan 8 at which time we will use the 12/15/2010  modified Alpha + .1 Plus Larry’s most recent mods and see how it goes.  I really don’t like the airbase in Scotland nor the French fighter in the UK  so we might try a game without them.

• The 2 ANZAC inf are supposed to be replaced by 2 British inf, though I think 1 British inf is better to keep the balance

• @calvinhobbesliker:

The 2 ANZAC inf are supposed to be replaced by 2 British inf, though I think 1 British inf is better to keep the balance

Fair enough!  We just wanted the two units to be of a different nationality so they would be used mainly for defense.  Granted, they could move on their turn but couldn’t move with the British troops.

• @Hellmutt:

@calvinhobbesliker:

The 2 ANZAC inf are supposed to be replaced by 2 British inf, though I think 1 British inf is better to keep the balance

Fair enough!  We just wanted the two units to be of a different nationality so they would be used mainly for defense.  Granted, they could move on their turn but couldn’t move with the British troops.

Well, changing ANZAC to French also presents the discrepancy that ANZAC moves before Italy while France moves after. Thus, the 2 inf in Egypt, if they become French, can’t shadow the UK forces.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Hellmutt:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Well, changing ANZAC to French also presents the discrepancy that ANZAC moves before Italy while France moves after. Thus, the 2 inf in Egypt, if they become French, can’t shadow the UK forces.

I see your point!..…maybe changing two ANZAC to one British is better.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

it is better.

ANZAC and UK should be allowed to fight together anyways.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m