Need feedback on my Alpha +2 G1 (setup for sealion)

• @Young:

@Frontovik:

i take all neutrals (bulgaria, finland, yugoslavia) together with south france (3 mech, tank?) with france. i build a AC, together with sub and transport.
    you gain 69 IPC, + 1 saved = 70: 10 transports. (making total of 12)

i disagree with the posts above; i think both british battleships should die, for they could pose a big threat…
    bad side is that canadian transport lives, and can supply 2 troops to london (if they don’t go to brasil)

The reason I don’t like 110 is, an experienced player would scramble the 3 fighters and cause tons of damage to aircraft, which will be desperately needed during the landing.

then UK loses it’s biggest defence at 4, versus some german figs at 3. at the end (if both lose 3?) UK then has 2 (or 3, depending on gibraltar) fig left, while germans still has 7.

• @Frontovik:

@Young:

The reason I don’t like 110 is, an experienced player would scramble the 3 fighters and cause tons of damage to aircraft, which will be desperately needed during the landing.

then UK loses it’s biggest defence at 4, versus some german figs at 3. at the end (if both lose 3?) UK then has 2 (or 3, depending on gibraltar) fig left, while germans still has 7.

This is why UK will/should only scramble if it can actually stop the landing from taking place.

The possibility to scramble (making germany have to commit sufficient units to the sea-zone) is more important than actually doingit. Every plane going to the SZ is not going to attack the land.

• I think Frontovik was actually referring to the attack on SZ 110 on G1, not a Sealion invasion.

• Oh ok, kinda misinterpreted that one then.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Look up JimmyHat.  He has a really good way to stop Operation Sea Lion in Alpha 2.  It fails MISERABLY in Alpha 3.  By that I mean, it’s almost ridiculous how easy it is for Germany to get London in Alpha 3.  If France did not fall on Round 1, I would even say it is easier to get London than France (it is not, but it’s darn close!)

Also, by round 4 you should have Calcutta too.  So by round 4, there is no more England - at all, just a few scattered units hoping not to die until they can surrender to superior German and Japanese armies.

• Calcutta?  I don’t see how, if India turtles and builds mostly infantry.

• Customizer

Jimmyhat, Alsch91, JamesAleman and I worked out the best German moves and best counters based on probabilities in this thread here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=24022.0

Maps are provided for people to follow.

In Alpha 3, follow the same defense.  Don’t believe those who say it is easier in Alpha 3 as with this defense, the odds are worse for Germany on G3.

Forgot to add james name.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Alsch91:

Calcutta?  I don’t see how, if India turtles and builds mostly infantry.

Not sure in Alpha 2 because, in theory, it you attack with 15 aircraft you can lose all 15 to the AA Gun.

In Alpha 3, it’s really simple.

R1:  China
    R2:  China
    R3:  AB/NB hit all of Indo-China (FIC, Malaya, Sham State, probably not Burma because of blocker in SZ 39.)
    R4:  Hit India with combined fleet + all air from Airbase and whatever ground units you can bring.

Even if India turtles, it cannot get enough units to survive.  Best solution I have found is to retreat to W. India and liberate a few times to prevent building in India.

• Normally I think UK could take back both Shan State and Yunnan on UK 3 before pulling back to Calcutta.
    Thus your planes have no landing spot.

• Sponsor

@Alsch91:

Normally I think UK could take back both Shan State and Yunnan on UK 3 before pulling back to Calcutta.
    Thus your planes have no landing spot.

Might be costly, but also might be worth it for the reasons you suggested.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m