Need feedback on my Alpha +2 G1 (setup for sealion)

• I think Frontovik was actually referring to the attack on SZ 110 on G1, not a Sealion invasion.

• Oh ok, kinda misinterpreted that one then.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Look up JimmyHat.  He has a really good way to stop Operation Sea Lion in Alpha 2.  It fails MISERABLY in Alpha 3.  By that I mean, it’s almost ridiculous how easy it is for Germany to get London in Alpha 3.  If France did not fall on Round 1, I would even say it is easier to get London than France (it is not, but it’s darn close!)

Also, by round 4 you should have Calcutta too.  So by round 4, there is no more England - at all, just a few scattered units hoping not to die until they can surrender to superior German and Japanese armies.

• Calcutta?  I don’t see how, if India turtles and builds mostly infantry.

• Customizer

Jimmyhat, Alsch91, JamesAleman and I worked out the best German moves and best counters based on probabilities in this thread here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=24022.0

Maps are provided for people to follow.

In Alpha 3, follow the same defense.  Don’t believe those who say it is easier in Alpha 3 as with this defense, the odds are worse for Germany on G3.

Forgot to add james name.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Alsch91:

Calcutta?  I don’t see how, if India turtles and builds mostly infantry.

Not sure in Alpha 2 because, in theory, it you attack with 15 aircraft you can lose all 15 to the AA Gun.

In Alpha 3, it’s really simple.

R1:  China
    R2:  China
    R3:  AB/NB hit all of Indo-China (FIC, Malaya, Sham State, probably not Burma because of blocker in SZ 39.)
    R4:  Hit India with combined fleet + all air from Airbase and whatever ground units you can bring.

Even if India turtles, it cannot get enough units to survive.  Best solution I have found is to retreat to W. India and liberate a few times to prevent building in India.

• Normally I think UK could take back both Shan State and Yunnan on UK 3 before pulling back to Calcutta.
    Thus your planes have no landing spot.

• Sponsor

@Alsch91:

Normally I think UK could take back both Shan State and Yunnan on UK 3 before pulling back to Calcutta.
    Thus your planes have no landing spot.

Might be costly, but also might be worth it for the reasons you suggested.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m