Axis & Allies.org 2010 Support Drive

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Also, whats the target # of the drive?  For this year and next?

Helps when the goals are clear…

• I remember the costs to be about $450 per year, so additional funds are applied to future years.

At some point soon when the forums change, the official cost breakdown will be declared and how these contributions will be applied.

The purpose is to make a site that does not have errors and spam free and to allow greater options to the platform to include new and up to date look.

We will add in new sections and address all those concerns when the transition occurs.

• Founder TripleA Admin

The following doesn’t include any money spent on promotional material or travel or to promote the site.

Costs: $881.40
    Linode VPS hosting: $29.95 x 12 months = $359.40
    Linode backup service: $7.50 x 12 months = $90.00
    Domain name registration: ~$12.00
    Akismet spam blocking service: $5 x 12 months = $60.00
    UPS Store box: $360 (a lot cheaper than renting an office)

Costs with a better server: $1031.40
    Linode VPS hosting: $39.95 x 12 = $479.40
    Linode backup service: $10 x 12 = $120.00
    Domain name registration: ~$12.00
    Akismet spam blocking service: $5 x 12 months = $60.00
    UPS Store box: $360

If Akismet forces me to upgrade to an enterprise account, then add an additional $540. That’s ($50 x 12) - $60.

This does not include any costs for time spent. Believe it or not Axisandallies.org doesn’t pay the rent and I have a day job. The opportunity cost for spending time on this site is time with family & friends, after hours spent at the day job, or time spent on building new sites with potentially significantly more revenue opportunities than this site.

For time spent, however, I will be compensated using the ads revenue. All support money will go toward the above hard costs.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I forgot about the PayPal fees for the patron support. In order to net $881.40, I need to raise more than $907.41.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Oh, I forgot that I would like to hire a visual web designer to redo the look and feel of the site.

• i might konw some one who yo could talk to.  he’s my cousin so he might do it for cheap(and if your very nice…freeeee!)

So we still need another $700 this year, to cover everything, and have chump change for next year.

Time to start beating the drum then, I’ll see what I can do.

As for revenue’s, other than donations - and limited advertising, what medium’s does this site have for raising money?  It doesn’t really sell products….  ???

Idea: Should we run a 50/50 style tourny?  $10 via paypal gets you in?  If we get 20 in the tourny, that’s $100 for the winner and $100 for the site.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I also get royalties and referral fees for the t-shirts and stickers that you see advertised on the main site.

But I don’t really want to charge for anything else. Advertising and the support drive will be enough. Thanks for brainstorming though. I really appreciate the enthusiasm!

@Gargantua:

So we still need another $700 this year, to cover everything, and have chump change for next year.

Time to start beating the drum then, I’ll see what I can do.

As for revenue’s, other than donations - and limited advertising, what medium’s does this site have for raising money?  It doesn’t really sell products….  ???

Idea: Should we run a 50/50 style tourny?  $10 via paypal gets you in?  If we get 20 in the tourny, that’s $100 for the winner and $100 for the site.

• Oh, I forgot that I would like to hire a visual web designer to redo the look and feel of the site.

I can create any look you need, except you will need a guy to do the programing bit. That might defer the costs a little.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Somebody named Kurt R. sent $50 to be a Gold Patron but did not provide their username on the forums. Also, you email provider won’t let me send you an email from @axisandallies.org.

Can Kurt please send me an email. If I do not receive some sort of notification within 5 days, I’m going to assume it is a fruad and refund the $50.

• '10

Since your email is listed as ‘hidden’ under your profile I’ll post here.  My email address is [removed by admin] - I had my old email address under my paypal account which is fixed now.

Way to be a hero Kurt.

Now you are one of us :)

• Founder TripleA Admin

Thank you to everybody who participated in the 2010 Support Drive!

Next year I will start it earlier but for now the 2010 drive is over and I’ll let you know when I start the 2011 drive.

• maby make some way cool tags to

• '10

@cminke:

maby make some way cool tags to

There already are tags

• iknow but i meant kooler ones that would shine and sparke every once and a while

• '10

Dutch in the Gold Hizzou.

Receipt # 5480-9878-6220-8358.

• @djensen:

Thank you to everybody who participated in the 2010 Support Drive!
    Next year I will start it earlier but for now the 2010 drive is over and I’ll let you know when I start the 2011 drive.

Just to make sure my english doesn’t fail me : Do you mean I should wait buying patron support because 2010 is off and 2011 not yet started?
    In clear : Is “2010 Support Drive” is same thing as “Patron 2010 Support level”?

I would like to help supporting this site, since it provided me so many answers (special thanks to Krieghund) and hours of fun with new players (and play style).

• Founder TripleA Admin

Nope, the 2010 Support Drive is still on. I’ll start 2011 in July. We’ll be back on a “normal” calendar schedule for 2012, starting in January 2012.

• Well count me in for the upcoming year and more after as well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m