• @maverick_76:

Ah the styrofoam dividers….those were the days, anyone else find themselves poking holes in them when it’s not your turn though? I kinda destroyed mine…whoops!

I had a buddy, Steve, who would do stuff like that……it drove me nuts!!  Once, while playing Conquest of The Empire I was busy studying the board and I hear “Check this out!”.  I look over and Steve has taken all of the silver infantry pieces that were not in play and stuck them spear down into the Styrofoam tray.  I wanted to knock his block off!!

As for storage, I make my own trays out of cardboard:

Another version:

I haven’t made similar insers for the newer boxes yet but it would be pretty simple.  To me, if I’m going to divide them, I want them divided completely if possible.

• Those are awesome!

• Very nice man If i still had my ep3 seats i would deff be rocking this Do you have a diy ln the door panel inserts? Id like to do those

• Hi,

I just browsed through this thread and in post #2 on page 1 by Bob_A_Mickelson, I noticed he uses small grey factory pieces for minor ICs… that is exactly what I am looking for.

Where can these be purchased?

Best regards

• Welcome Stauffenberg.  The grey factories can be purchased from Historicalboardgaming.com.  Look down the left side and you will see a section of previos games.  The various pieces are available, including the grey factories.  Of course, those were the major inductrial complexes.  I hope this helps.

• Hi Dafyd,

thanks for your reply. I should have clarified that I am not looking for the major ICs because I know that the early versions of Europe and Pacific have those grey ICs. I own Europe 1999, so I already have them.

They are also visible in the picture that Bob posted, but in the tray above those, there are these tinier grey ICs that only have 2 “sections” and are overall smaller. I think they are a perfect match to the larger pieces of grey ICs that are available at HBG and that can be used as major ICs.

I could not find them on HBG or FMG though and have never seen them before…

Best wishes!

• Customizer

Those small ICs can’t be bought. I made them by cutting, sanding, and then gluing back together some of the official ICs. Very time consuming so I only made a few.

• Oh I see, thanks for the info… as I still find that to be the best solution, I might still do it.

Using a Dremel tool with a cutting disc might speed up the process. Shouldn’t be too bad then.
    Now I hope that HBG gets those grey factories back in stock soon…

Best wishes

• Hello!

I have made some trays out of acrylic sheet. Unfortunately, I cannot post the pictures: I receive “Sorry, you are not allowed to post links.” when trying…

Does anybody knows how I can do?

Thanks,

Oli

• @olilam:

I have made some trays out of acrylic sheet. Unfortunately, I cannot post the pictures: I receive “Sorry, you are not allowed to post links.” when trying…
    Does anybody knows how I can do?

Because of the forum’s anti-spam filter, you need to have a certain number of message posts before you are allowed to post pictures.  I think the minimum is 10, but I’m not sure.

• Thanks for the info.

I will post the pics as soon as I am allowed to then :)

• '17 '16

I’m grabbing a couple of these 25-bin Stanley Organizers this weekend… removable bins and secure locking with comfy handle to move them around… i’m combining multiple sets, so i’ll need more than just the box and ziplocks.

StanleyOrganizer25.JPG

• @Pacific-War Those boxes are awesome! I don’t suppose you have plans for them?

• @djensen I just made them for my own use as I hate to have the pieces all jumbled together. It probably takes me about 20 minutes or so to make just one box so it probably wouldn’t be practical for me to make them for others. I would have to charge way more than people were willing to pay I think.

• @Pacific-War Thanks. By “plans” I actually meant instructions. But it sounds like it was a organic project anyway.

• @djensen You are correct. I just kinda’ built them as I went. Of course, I figured out general dimensions but I did slightly tailor each box to the nation it was for because unit numbers and sized varied. But I did them so many years ago now that I don’t recall any of the dimensions. I do remember that I made them out of the carboard backers that stacks of USPS stamps came wrapped in. I was working at the post office at that time and they would just throw the carboard in the trash after unwrapping the stamps. It was very high quality and dense cardstock but there were variations in the color of it. Still, it worked just fine for what I was doing.

• I would check out a Michaels store if in the US or Canada.

They have many different shapes/sizes of plain card board boxes. All you would need to do is glue the dividers in.

I always check out fishing tackle stores if I can when out of town. (we have one in town)
    The tackle storage boxes they have are different from the hardware store variety in shape and size. Often more dividers too.

When I made/converted boxes for my AAR game years ago, I used the set up chart as a lid. Held to the box with elastics.
    The best thing about Classic was the integration of the storage styrofoam tray and the set up card. Someone was really thinking about the players when designing both components. A lost art.

• @robert-t I didn’t think to look for cardboard boxes at Michael’s. I looked for plastic boxes there but nothing really worked. They were either the right size with no dividers, too many dividers, or too big.

• @djensen I bought a bunch once for my kids birthday grab bags. There was a few different sizes and shapes at the time.

I should go back and see what they have.

I need something for the A&A&Z game. My 42SE uses the boxes from my second Anniversary edition game. Those are nice boxes!
    I made inserts from a file here or BGG which was print/fold/glue. It made 6 sections for the Ann. boxes. Inf/Armour-Art./Fighters-Bombers/AC-Battleship/other ships/Tokens.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m