IL's Axis and Allies Global 1939 and 1942 files

• so if US attacks Spain it becomes pro -axis then. For china gets 5 infrantry, 4 icp’s for burma road. China Every 2 territories it can build 1 inf. does that count towards there 5 inf. where if they control 5 territorys now they can only place 2 out of 5 inf, or they just get 2 extra inf plus there 5 inf. were on C2 turn now. they control 5 territorys plus burma road. Also G2 went into Normandy against 1 inf, 1 mech. Germany controls it now. I know on G1 factory stays,paris falls, but now that Germany attacked it does factory get removed?

yes, yes, yes. If they control an odd number round up. Burma road is for only building units at normal prices. You can build any type of unit except naval. The Burma road cannot add the count of the Chinese TT’s. The factory is not removed as long as you didn’t have to fight any British to gain Normandy. YOu took it on G2 by default as the French forces were removed as per Vichy rules.

also was going by Spain being pro -axis neutral in your rules so AAE40 says if you move into territory it becomes germany control. Just confused on that issue. So if axis goes into any pro-allies neutral do they all become allied territorys or only for each one you attack. or is it any attacks on any neutral become allies of the other side. with the exception of Spain,Turkey, Brazil, and argentina. Still dont know how ships for spain move.

Neutrals:
    Spain, Sweden, and the Soviet Union until at war all contribute 1 IPC each (3 total) to the German treasury starting on turn 1, as long as they remain neutral. German air units may fly over Sweden, Spain, Chile and Argentina as well as the Minor Axis Allies even while neutral. German land units can move into all the minor axis neutrals and this is the only exception.
        The Dutch are pro-allied but start the game neutral until attacked. Allied air units may fly over their territories. Venezuela, Brazil, Saudi Arabia are considered pro-allied. Air units may fly over. Attacks on any neutral immediately make them become allies of the other side. The only way to collect their income is by conquest and occupation. IPC are only awarded to the side that has invaded and defeated them rather than being an ‘ally’. But the exception again is the four German minor allies. Belligerent neutrals cannot leave their home nation nor attack out of it. All they can do is defend home territories, with the exceptions of: Spain, Turkey, Brazil, and Argentina.

While neutral units cannot move from these nations. Once activated they can only defend their own countries, they cant leave except:Spain, Turkey, Brazil, and Argentina

When either of these are activated in war they start as indicated but can move anywhere they want. These are the exceptions other than the German minor axis allies ( Finland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria).

So Spain’s naval can move only if they are at war and are controlled by the side that they fight with.

• Starting turn 4 germany attacking Lenningrad, starlinggrad, and taking back Norway. Japan just 4 territorys left to take in China, ready to go to islands, Uk has huge navy in India trouble for Japs,Italy moving through Egypt maybe help Japs. US just waiting. Will see if Russia can hang on LL 10icp’s might not help at all. Used to playing AA revised and IL Advanced World War 2 game, But this is a whole new game. Awesome. IL like you said. I like it do to more ways of winning together but still have to win on your own to a certain point.

• Not Stallingrad, it was Kiev, in Ukrainine

• Remember the Soviets get their Siberian Army reinforcements. You need that to defend Moscow.

Don’t forget about the special army groups ( Waffen SS and shock troops) these really help out in combat.

Each sub Germany has drops UK income due to economic attacks. Keep buying one sub and getting the UK reduced.

• I didn’t see anything in rules for Siberian Army reinforcements. Or do they come from buying them on Russia’s turn?

• Oh wait. This is an optional rule we use sometimes to balance strong axis players.

Not in the official rules. NM

• well what was it. maybe we could us it someday maybe.

• Did see all countrys get elite armys starting on turn 3. Then you make 1 elite per turn there after but only russia and germany get more than 1.

• All Nations start on turn 3, except USA which starts the turn they are at war. One army per turn build or replace, not more than total indicated at one time.

• I am trying to create a Battlemap mod for this however I can’t copy the picture of the map off the PDF onto paint. Could someone please post it as a .bmp file or as a .jpg thanks.

• The file is very large, but i will try this.

• Can axis ground units go throught vichey territories? And if Italy attacks Spains ships do Spains ground troops become allies troops.

• Can axis ground units go throught vichey territories? And if Italy attacks Spains ships do Spains ground troops become allies troops.

yes of course, Vichy is pro axis neutral. If Italy attacks spain, Spain is now a UK ally

• so if Italy attacks Spains ships then UK allies and if US attacks Spains ships axis allie.

• so if Italy attacks Spains ships then UK allies and if US attacks Spains ships axis allie.

Sorry you are not making any sence here. Spend more than 1.3 seconds composing your sentence.

• If Italy attacks Spains ground troops or ships in sea zone 13, then Spain becomes UK control. If USA attacks Spains ground troops or ships in sea zone 13 they become axis control.

• If Italy attacks Spains ground troops or ships in sea zone 13, then Spain becomes UK control.

Yes

If USA attacks Spains ground troops or ships in sea zone 13 they become axis control.

yes

• Ok new rule:

• Fortifications are now standard units and can protect your territoryfrom enemy attack. These cost 6 IPC and provide a +1 defense to Infantry or Artillery up to the limit of the IPC value of the territory. Once built they are placed inside the territory and cannot move and if captured are destroyed. If the attack is an amphibious invasion, on the first round all defending artillery gets a free shot (after any Shore Bombardments). Note: Gibraltar fortification defends against attack from either sea zone.

• Please forgive the noob for maybe asking silly questions.

I am about to start putting together a game of AA 1939 with your map, IL.
    But I have a few problems someone might help me with
    One. In the setup you list several naval units that I don’t recognize: BB, CA, DD, SS and AP. I figured CV was an aircraft carrier, but what are the others?

I currently own the original AA42, AAP and AAE. But I don’t have any mech inf, tactical bombers, fortifications and probably several of the above mentioned naval units. Where do I get these (or useable substitutes)?

I think I have found maps, rules, setup charts, conflict charts and such in threads round and about. But to be sure I have the rigth stuff, is it all listed (or linked to) somewhere?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

CV-Carrier
    BB-Battleship
    CA-Cruiser
    DD-destroyer
    SS-Submarine
    AP-Transport

Parts for game on EBay, boardgamegeek.com, or my site www.historicalboardgaming.com

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m