• no common sense tell should tell you august. They said third quarter ( summer). Recall that this company isnt known for working for  its fanbase. Which this game is geared towards. so logic should dictate. and i heard from a freind who operates a game store in CA that they hadnt recieved any notices for june , and july is coming up…so… probably august although playing this thing on the 4rth is not ruled out completely

• My FLGS today said AAE40 was pushed back to August 18 and not to be surprised if it is pushed back further than that. He also told me about a month ago that AA50 will be reprinted for a Christmas release this year. That information came from his WotC sales rep. I question both pieces of information since the release dates are so close to each other and the money to spend on both will be a lot to spend in a few months of time. I am just going to play AA42 for now and when AAE40 is released I will pick it up. No room to set up and play AAP40 right now since my game room is being occupied by a tenant until about February or March next year. No hurry here to pick up AAE40.

• Good! push it back until my mother forgets how much I spend on Pacific. Then I can have both!

• @skinny1:

My FLGS today said AAE40 was pushed back to August 18 and not to be surprised if it is pushed back further than that. He also told me about a month ago that AA50 will be reprinted for a Christmas release this year. That information came from his WotC sales rep. I question both pieces of information since the release dates are so close to each other and the money to spend on both will be a lot to spend in a few months of time. I am just going to play AA42 for now and when AAE40 is released I will pick it up. No room to set up and play AAP40 right now since my game room is being occupied by a tenant until about February or March next year. No hurry here to pick up AAE40.

If the AA50 Reprint info is true- I would bet that the reprint would be a “cheapened” version of the 08 edition- smaller box, foldable map, thinner cardstock, battlestrips instead of boards, IC, AA chits and other concessions as they made in AA42 and AAP40.  Then the printing of 2 games in 4 months would make sense.  Remember AA42 and AAP40 were printed within the same time frame last year!  So he maybe telling the truth.

Here’s to hoping!
    :-)

• Well I hope the AA50 reprint isn’t exactly the same as the original one since it was supposed to be a limited edition.

• I think that now they know they can cut corners and still sell games so it won’t be the same. Just my opinion.

• @skinny1:

I think that now they know they can cut corners and still sell games so it won’t be the same. Just my opinion.

They definitely need a serious competitor.

• FMG BABY, FMG!!!

• @questioneer:

FMG BABY, FMG!!!

Where I live, that stands for somesthing obscene. But I know what you mean

• @questioneer:

FMG BABY, FMG!!!

How about FFG? The quality of their game Tide of Iron is enough for me to say that that would be a good company to make AA games. I recently picked up ToI and love it. The plastic pieces are great.

• Either FFG or FMG would be great. Right now I am putting together the Struggle game which looks very good.

• '10

Per Larry, August 24th

• Sooooooooooo long……can’t wait arrrggg…give us a pic!

• @johnnymarr:

Per Larry, August 24th

Is this date subject to change?

• Doubtful, larry has been sitting on this number for a while, likely revealing it because he is now confident that it wont move.

• @oztea:

Doubtful, larry has been sitting on this number for a while, likely revealing it because he is now confident that it wont move.

Well then now maybe they can release some press info.

• mmm or maybe we can bribe a playtester….

• Come on Craig you could have some fun with it and not violate the NDA.

All you’d have to do is drop a line like, “nukes are in the game as technology.”  :evil:  Now just step back and watch the fur fly for the next 2 months  :lol:

• Yeah Craig, maybe you could tell us if they hired a new proofreader or not.

• This is why open source material prospers….More minds involved to insure that less mistakes are made. Its MAY and we still dont know what the board looks like…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m