Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• '10

After 194 pages (the longest thread in the history of this board) I think I am going to abandon this thread.

It is so long, it holds no REAL information to anyone.  Updates can now be found on the LOCKED sticky thread above.  I recently asked IL to un-sticky this thread…  and as far as I am concerned it can fall into obscurity, and into History.

This thread has become nothing but bad publicity for both this project and my company.

Jeremy

• '12

@FieldMarshalGames:

After 194 pages (the longest thread in the history of this board) I think I am going to abandon this thread.

It is so long, it holds no REAL information to anyone.  Updates can now be found on the LOCKED sticky thread above.  I recently asked IL to un-sticky this thread…  and as far as I am concerned it can fall into obscurity, and into History.

This thread has become nothing but bad publicity for both this project and my company.

Jeremy

…and this is how idiots ruin it for everyone else…thank you for everything Jeremy (especially your patience with people)…look forward to the project’s impending glory! :)

• i look at this thread and and i see positive.

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

Jeremy

Well thanks a lot Jeremy.  That feels REAL GOOD to all of us that have been very supportive of you, your company and this project.  I guess the opinions of a few bad apples carrys more weight than all of the members that have said nothing but good things about FMG and this project.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Jeremy

All publicity is good publicity.  :wink:

In any case, I think you should consider not abandoning the thread, after all. There are several reasons:

-This is where you can get feedback on the sculpts, and any incorrect details on the units will be quickly pointed out.

-Leaving the thread makes you come across as wanting to avoid criticism. That is not a good thing.

-A project like this needs a discussion thread. So there is a lot of complaining, let the moderator handle that. Your discussing the project with the community is invaluable.

Keep discussing your project. Maybe you should consider starting a new thread, seeing as this one is quite long and sometimes confusing.

• @knp7765:

@FieldMarshalGames:

Jeremy

Well thanks a lot Jeremy.  That feels REAL GOOD to all of us that have been very supportive of you, your company and this project.  I guess the opinions of a few bad apples carrys more weight than all of the members that have said nothing but good things about FMG and this project.

Unfortunately, that’s true.  A few bad opinions stick in peoples heads a thousand times more than a 100 great opinions.  It’s a fact of life.

• @Raeder:

@FieldMarshalGames:

Jeremy

All publicity is good publicity.  :wink:

Unfortunately that’s not always true.

In any case, I think you should consider not abandoning the thread, after all. There are several reasons:

-This is where you can get feedback on the sculpts, and any incorrect details on the units will be quickly pointed out.

-Leaving the thread makes you come across as wanting to avoid criticism. That is not a good thing.

-A project like this needs a discussion thread. So there is a lot of complaining, let the moderator handle that. Your discussing the project with the community is invaluable.

Keep discussing your project. Maybe you should consider starting a new thread, seeing as this one is quite long and sometimes confusing.

A new thread for each set of new sculpts would probably be the best option from here on out.  This thread is far too unweildy and full of incredibly useless replies that either serve no purpose or just cause confusion.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

I hope you stay until we reach 200 pages, that is a better number  :-D

• '10

@Razor:

@FieldMarshalGames:

I hope you stay until we reach 200 pages, that is a better number  :-D

Ok Ok!  The people have spoken!

You all know that we do need your input and appreciate it.

• Customizer

Here’s my input …

Give me French units!  Those Russian blue pieces that hasbro gave us really bug me.

And I want the Brits next.  Give me a King George V.

Any chance of selling the units separately as sea, land or air?

Cheers

• @jim010:

Here’s my input …

Give me French units!  Those Russian blue pieces that hasbro gave us really bug me.

And I want the Brits next.  Give me a King George V.

Any chance of selling the units separately as sea, land or air?

Cheers

HistoricalBoardGaming.com is going to be selling the units individually (another reason why this thread is unweildy and outlived its purpose in my opinion … all the real information is buried under a mountain of garbage).

• '12

@FieldMarshalGames:

Ok Ok!  The people have spoken!

You all know that we do need your input and appreciate it.

Hahaha!  Thanks for hanging with us Jeremy…  If anyone (a Moderator) had an easy way to take out any single posts that wasted space (like this one) that’d be helpful I suppose for those who haven’t kept up since the beginning or don’t know how to speed read…if not, maybe a sticky table of contents at the beginning of important sections where specifics were addressed…or something??  IDK…doesn’t bother me just reading through it.  Have a good day all!

• One thing I was wondering is whether Jeremy could add to the locked “Field Marshal Games Pieces Project” thread a list identifying the models or classes of units that each of his national sets will have (for those which have been selected so far).  The thread already identifies a few units – for example it mentions that the US fighter piece will be a Hellcat – but having a comprehensive list for each country is something I (and no doubt other piece junkies) would find very interesting. Krieghund has that kind of information posted about the out-of-the-box pieces here…

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1871

…so having similar lists for the FMG sculpt sets would be great.  The “Field Marshal Games Pieces Project” thread is short (currently at just four pages long) and stickied, so it would be a convenient place for this information to reside.  Much appreciation in advance if this could be arranged.

• its also on th back of the e40 rule book

• Customizer

I have been keeping some track of these for my own use.  Here is what I have so far.  I hope these line up right:
    UNIT                          ITALY                                  GERMANY                                        USA
    Artillery                      105 mm                              88mm w/blast shield 
    Armor 1                      Carro Armato 41                PzKpfw VI or Tiger I
    Armor 2                      Semovente 75/18              King Tiger
    Mech                          Autoblinda 41                      SdKfz 251 Half-track
    Truck                          Fiat 626                              Opel Blitz                                      GMC
    Fighter                      Macchi C202 Folgore            Messerschmidt Bf 109                    F6F Hellcat
    Tac                            Breda BA.65                        Junkers Ju 87 Stuka                      TBF Avenger
    Bomber                      SM-79 Sparviero                  Heinkel He 111                              B-24 Liberator
    Transport plane        BR.20                                  Junkers Ju 52                                C-47 Skytrain
    Aircraft Carrier          Aquila                                  Graf Zepplin                                  Enterprise
    Battleship                  Littorio                                  Bismarck         
    Cruiser                      Zara                                    Graf Spee (pocket battleship)        Wichita
    Destroyer                  Soldati                                  Narvik
    Submarine                  ?                                          Type VII
    Transport                  ?                                          Altmark

• '10

@knp7765:

I have been keeping some track of these for my own use.  Here is what I have so far.  I hope these line up right:
    UNIT                           ITALY                                   GERMANY                                        USA
    Artillery                      105 mm                               88mm w/blast shield   
    Armor 1                      Carro Armato 41                 PzKpfw VI or Tiger I
    Armor 2                      Semovente 75/18               King Tiger
    Mech                          Autoblinda 41                      SdKfz 251 Half-track
    Truck                          Fiat 626                               Opel Blitz                                       GMC
    Fighter                       Macchi C202 Folgore            Messerschmidt Bf 109                    F6F Hellcat
    Tac                             Breda BA.65                         Junkers Ju 87 Stuka                       TBF Avenger
    Bomber                      SM-79 Sparviero                  Heinkel He 111                               B-24 Liberator
    Transport plane         BR.20                                   Junkers Ju 52                                 C-47 Skytrain
    Aircraft Carrier           Aquila                                   Graf Zepplin                                   Enterprise
    Cruiser                       Zara                                     Graf Spee (pocket battleship)        Wichita
    Destroyer                   Soldati                                  Narvik
    Submarine                  ?                                           Type VII
    Transport                   ?                                           Altmark

This is a great idea!  I will fill in the blanks that I know of and post in the information thread.

Thanks guys!

• Great to see the list already taking shape!  Thanks!

• Nice job Knp and good idea CWO. List is great keep it coming.

• Great idea, I like being able to see it all in a glance and not having to search through page after page to find who has what.

• '12

@knp7765:

UNIT                           ITALY                                   GERMANY                                        USA
    Artillery                      105 mm                               88mm w/blast shield   
    Armor 1                      Carro Armato 41                 PzKpfw VI or Tiger I
    Armor 2                      Semovente 75/18               King Tiger
    Truck                          Fiat 626                               Opel Blitz                                       GMC
    Fighter                       Macchi C202 Folgore            Messerschmidt Bf 109                    F6F Hellcat
    Tac                             Breda BA.65                         Junkers Ju 87 Stuka                       TBF Avenger
    Bomber                      SM-79 Sparviero                  Heinkel He 111                               B-24 Liberator
    Transport plane         BR.20                                   Junkers Ju 52                                 C-47 Skytrain
    Aircraft Carrier           Aquila                                   Graf Zepplin                                   Enterprise
    Cruiser                       Zara                                     Graf Spee (pocket battleship)        Wichita
    Destroyer                   Soldati                                  Narvik
    Submarine                  ?                                           Type VII
    Transport                   ?                                           Altmark

To assist you, knp:  I think the Italian submarine was a Marcello class (at least that was included in earlier discussions in this saga) - not 100% sure though…

Also, a question for FMG I guess…earlier it was established that for the Krauts it was a Zerstorer Class DD (not Narvik) & a Hilfskruezer Class Transport (not Altmark)…has this been revised to a Narvik & Altmark?  Just making sure for my notes!!  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m