Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• @FieldMarshalGames:

After 194 pages (the longest thread in the history of this board) I think I am going to abandon this thread.

I hope you stay until we reach 200 pages, that is a better number  :-D

• '10

@Razor:

@FieldMarshalGames:

After 194 pages (the longest thread in the history of this board) I think I am going to abandon this thread.

I hope you stay until we reach 200 pages, that is a better number  :-D

Ok Ok!  The people have spoken!

You all know that we do need your input and appreciate it.

• Customizer

Here’s my input …

Give me French units!  Those Russian blue pieces that hasbro gave us really bug me.

And I want the Brits next.  Give me a King George V.

Any chance of selling the units separately as sea, land or air?

Cheers

• @jim010:

Here’s my input …

Give me French units!  Those Russian blue pieces that hasbro gave us really bug me.

And I want the Brits next.  Give me a King George V.

Any chance of selling the units separately as sea, land or air?

Cheers

HistoricalBoardGaming.com is going to be selling the units individually (another reason why this thread is unweildy and outlived its purpose in my opinion … all the real information is buried under a mountain of garbage).

• '12

@FieldMarshalGames:

Ok Ok!  The people have spoken!

You all know that we do need your input and appreciate it.

Hahaha!  Thanks for hanging with us Jeremy…  If anyone (a Moderator) had an easy way to take out any single posts that wasted space (like this one) that’d be helpful I suppose for those who haven’t kept up since the beginning or don’t know how to speed read…if not, maybe a sticky table of contents at the beginning of important sections where specifics were addressed…or something??  IDK…doesn’t bother me just reading through it.  Have a good day all!

• One thing I was wondering is whether Jeremy could add to the locked “Field Marshal Games Pieces Project” thread a list identifying the models or classes of units that each of his national sets will have (for those which have been selected so far).  The thread already identifies a few units – for example it mentions that the US fighter piece will be a Hellcat – but having a comprehensive list for each country is something I (and no doubt other piece junkies) would find very interesting. Krieghund has that kind of information posted about the out-of-the-box pieces here…

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1871

…so having similar lists for the FMG sculpt sets would be great.  The “Field Marshal Games Pieces Project” thread is short (currently at just four pages long) and stickied, so it would be a convenient place for this information to reside.  Much appreciation in advance if this could be arranged.

• its also on th back of the e40 rule book

• Customizer

I have been keeping some track of these for my own use.  Here is what I have so far.  I hope these line up right:
    UNIT                          ITALY                                  GERMANY                                        USA
    Artillery                      105 mm                              88mm w/blast shield 
    Armor 1                      Carro Armato 41                PzKpfw VI or Tiger I
    Armor 2                      Semovente 75/18              King Tiger
    Mech                          Autoblinda 41                      SdKfz 251 Half-track
    Truck                          Fiat 626                              Opel Blitz                                      GMC
    Fighter                      Macchi C202 Folgore            Messerschmidt Bf 109                    F6F Hellcat
    Tac                            Breda BA.65                        Junkers Ju 87 Stuka                      TBF Avenger
    Bomber                      SM-79 Sparviero                  Heinkel He 111                              B-24 Liberator
    Transport plane        BR.20                                  Junkers Ju 52                                C-47 Skytrain
    Aircraft Carrier          Aquila                                  Graf Zepplin                                  Enterprise
    Battleship                  Littorio                                  Bismarck         
    Cruiser                      Zara                                    Graf Spee (pocket battleship)        Wichita
    Destroyer                  Soldati                                  Narvik
    Submarine                  ?                                          Type VII
    Transport                  ?                                          Altmark

• '10

@knp7765:

I have been keeping some track of these for my own use.  Here is what I have so far.  I hope these line up right:
    UNIT                           ITALY                                   GERMANY                                        USA
    Artillery                      105 mm                               88mm w/blast shield   
    Armor 1                      Carro Armato 41                 PzKpfw VI or Tiger I
    Armor 2                      Semovente 75/18               King Tiger
    Mech                          Autoblinda 41                      SdKfz 251 Half-track
    Truck                          Fiat 626                               Opel Blitz                                       GMC
    Fighter                       Macchi C202 Folgore            Messerschmidt Bf 109                    F6F Hellcat
    Tac                             Breda BA.65                         Junkers Ju 87 Stuka                       TBF Avenger
    Bomber                      SM-79 Sparviero                  Heinkel He 111                               B-24 Liberator
    Transport plane         BR.20                                   Junkers Ju 52                                 C-47 Skytrain
    Aircraft Carrier           Aquila                                   Graf Zepplin                                   Enterprise
    Cruiser                       Zara                                     Graf Spee (pocket battleship)        Wichita
    Destroyer                   Soldati                                  Narvik
    Submarine                  ?                                           Type VII
    Transport                   ?                                           Altmark

This is a great idea!  I will fill in the blanks that I know of and post in the information thread.

Thanks guys!

• Great to see the list already taking shape!  Thanks!

• Nice job Knp and good idea CWO. List is great keep it coming.

• Great idea, I like being able to see it all in a glance and not having to search through page after page to find who has what.

• '12

@knp7765:

UNIT                           ITALY                                   GERMANY                                        USA
    Artillery                      105 mm                               88mm w/blast shield   
    Armor 1                      Carro Armato 41                 PzKpfw VI or Tiger I
    Truck                          Fiat 626                               Opel Blitz                                       GMC
    Fighter                       Macchi C202 Folgore            Messerschmidt Bf 109                    F6F Hellcat
    Tac                             Breda BA.65                         Junkers Ju 87 Stuka                       TBF Avenger
    Bomber                      SM-79 Sparviero                  Heinkel He 111                               B-24 Liberator
    Transport plane         BR.20                                   Junkers Ju 52                                 C-47 Skytrain
    Aircraft Carrier           Aquila                                   Graf Zepplin                                   Enterprise
    Cruiser                       Zara                                     Graf Spee (pocket battleship)        Wichita

To assist you, knp:  I think the Italian submarine was a Marcello class (at least that was included in earlier discussions in this saga) - not 100% sure though…

Also, a question for FMG I guess…earlier it was established that for the Krauts it was a Zerstorer Class DD (not Narvik) & a Hilfskruezer Class Transport (not Altmark)…has this been revised to a Narvik & Altmark?  Just making sure for my notes!!  :-D

• '12

@DFWSupertrooper:

@knp7765:

To assist you, knp:  I think the Italian submarine was a Marcello class (at least that was included in earlier discussions in this saga) - not 100% sure though…

Also, a question for FMG I guess…earlier it was established that for the Krauts it was a Zerstorer Class DD (not Narvik) & a Hilfskruezer Class Transport (not Altmark)…has this been revised to a Narvik & Altmark?  Just making sure for my notes!!  :-D

Ohh…and the Italian Transport class was never released officially!

• Customizer

Hey DFW,
    Thanks for the tip on the Italian Sub.  The Transport ship for Italy was shown a long time ago when we were first discussing this project.  Many, many pages back, before we even had any sculpts to see, Jeremy showed us some photos of the actual ships to be used for Italy and one was the Transport.  I’m just too lazy to go back and try to find them.

Oh yeah, on the Nazi’s (pronounced Nah-zees, ha ha) ships, the Zerstorer and Hilfskruezer classes were OOB.  The Narvik and Altmark are FMG’s.

• '12

@knp7765:

Hey DFW,
    Thanks for the tip on the Italian Sub.  The Transport ship for Italy was shown a long time ago when we were first discussing this project.  Many, many pages back, before we even had any sculpts to see, Jeremy showed us some photos of the actual ships to be used for Italy and one was the Transport.  I’m just too lazy to go back and try to find them.

Oh yeah, on the Nazi’s (pronounced Nah-zees, ha ha) ships, the Zerstorer and Hilfskruezer classes were OOB.  The Narvik and Altmark are FMG’s.

Sweet…thanks for the confirmation - I knew the Italian Transport picture was released, but do we have a class for it yet?  I’ll go find it if so but I never saw the class labeled as they were putting out pictures.  I suppose FMG will be doing its own master list now after these most recent posts and then I’ll find out for sure, but…oh well…thanks again!  :-)

• '12

Also, Im fairly certain the Itlaian Artillery for FMG was established to be the Bohler 47mm M35, not a 105mm.  Check the pictures out on wikipedia, and I think you’ll concur.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannone_da_47/32_M35

Not knocking anyone’s efforts here just want the lists to be right…everything else on knp’s list looks spot on from my early notes from this thread.

• Customizer

Well, you are right.  That 47/32 artillery piece sure does look an awful lot like the FMG Italian Artillery.  By the way, I don’t mind being corrected.  I would much rather someone come in and let me know the correct model.

I thought the Bohler 47mm AT gun was Romanian.  I got that from the A&A Minis collection “Contested Skies”.  Now that I think about it, that piece looks a lot like FMG’s piece too.

Here is what I was going by when I made my list.  Is it possible that all Italian artillery pieces kind of looked alike even if the caliber was different?

Sciulpt Artillery.jpg

• '12

@knp7765:

Well, you are right.  That 47/32 artillery piece sure does look an awful lot like the FMG Italian Artillery.  By the way, I don’t mind being corrected.  I would much rather someone come in and let me know the correct model.

I thought the Bohler 47mm AT gun was Romanian.  I got that from the A&A Minis collection “Contested Skies”.  Now that I think about it, that piece looks a lot like FMG’s piece too.

Here is what I was going by when I made my list.  Is it possible that all Italian artillery pieces kind of looked alike even if the caliber was different?

Well…good question…I confess I’m not that much of an expert - but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night…waaahhhahahahaha!  :-D

• I can’t wait to perorder my Germans.
    I also am very excited about the French and ANZAC Dice.  Seems wrong to roll for those countries with anything but their own dice.
    The day is approaching…I wonder if the Italians do better in the game with the new improved pieces. Well at least until the others arrive. :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m