Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

NO…  Not ready yet.  I am awaiting info from factory.

Will update as soon as I can.

So now March 8th is no longer a sure thing?  Geez, just one delay after another.

• NOOOOOO. I was ready for some good news. Hoping they might be shipping this week I have a game in the works with my friends I am hoping to have these by then.

• This is ridiculous.  I paid for these figures back around Christmas when they were supposed to be done by  January, then February, then March, now what?  As a paying customer I must say I am very disappointed with how this is going.  My family runs a small business and if we behaved this way we would be out of business.

• These are the perils of working with overseas production - in the future you will see more and more production shift back to the US as delays like this are commonplace.

• '10

@dadler12:

This is ridiculous.  I paid for these figures back around Christmas when they were supposed to be done by  January, then February, then March, now what?  As a paying customer I must say I am very disappointed with how this is going.  My family runs a small business and if we behaved this way we would be out of business.

This is not how we “Behaved”…  This is the reality of doing something VERY difficult and VERY expensive, and relying on overseas production.  When we posted the Pre-order we were VERY CLEAR, that this was a Project Support Pre-order… that we did not have an ACTUAL DATE.  That we could not guarantee ANYTHING, other than the product would come.

Don’t make me think that I should have just kept the money in my own pocket…  and not bothered.

If you have a pre-order in on this project you are just as much an investor in this as a “customer”.

(Yes, I am upset also at the constant delay.  But comments like this don’t help)

• Customizer

Don’t worry, Jeremy.  I am glad you are doing this, and am patiently waiting for my Italian pieces.

Looking forward to doing even more extensive business with you in the future  :wink:

You have my money for this set, and all the remaining sets when they eventually arrive as well.

• @jim010:

Don’t worry, Jeremy.  I am glad you are doing this, and am patiently waiting for my Italian pieces.
    Looking forward to doing even more extensive business with you in the future

Agreed.  Jeremy has my full sympathy because I know first-hand how frustrating it is to have something ready on your side of things but to have external factors completely out of your control hold up its final production.  I’ve written three refereed journal articles, two of which took a combined total of twelve years to appear in print after they were accepted for publication, and one of which is still pending even though it was accepted two years ago.  This sort of thing is utterly infuriating, but there’s often little or nothing which can be done to get the last link in the chain (the publisher in my case, the factory in Jeremy’s case) to move more quickly.  So rest assured, Jeremy, that you still have my complete support and appreciation for the FMG pieces project on which you’ve been working for the A&A community.

• '10

@jim010:

Looking forward to doing even more extensive business with you in the future  :wink:

You have my money for this set, and all the remaining sets when they eventually arrive as well.

+1

• @dadler12:

This is ridiculous.  I paid for these figures back around Christmas when they were supposed to be done by  January, then February, then March, now what?  As a paying customer I must say I am very disappointed with how this is going.  My family runs a small business and if we behaved this way we would be out of business.

And this is exactly why oh so long ago he said he didn’t want to do pre-orders unless absolutely necessary.

Unfortunately the decision was made to have open communication with the customer base, despite having no direct control over the manufacturing end.

Can we blame FMG for wanting these out as badly as the rest of us but being held at the mercy of a factory in China (which long ago passed the point of being able to switch to another supplier simply because of investment)???  Should he have just NOT communicated the information that the FACTORY gave him and left everyone hanging until he had them in hand?

Tough decisions to make … it’s unfortunate the factory has caused so many delays.  Hopefully FMG can get some concessions out of them as a result and then be able to pass those on to us.

• I’m happily waiting. I knew when I put in my pre-order that they’ll get here when they get here.

• I support FMG and am happy about the project, what I’m upset about is that this is at least the 3rd date given by FMG.  Don’t give dates if you’re not sure about them.  That’s all I’m saying.  You lead on your customers and it’s not a good way to do business.  That said, I am waiting as everyone else is and will be happy to get them.

• Ditto for me; I knew there’d be delays, but I’m happy to be able to contribute my pre-order money to help move things along.  Shame about the Chinese factory being so unreliable… I hope there are alternatives that will allow you to leverage either better prices or better performance in the future…

• I for one can’t wait to get the pieces.  I also understand the delays, and would rather have the transparency of the process and communicated delays then being in the dark.  They will be here soon, I’m sure!!!

• '10

@dadler12:

I support FMG and am happy about the project, what I’m upset about is that this is at least the 3rd date given by FMG.  Don’t give dates if you’re not sure about them.  That’s all I’m saying.  You lead on your customers and it’s not a good way to do business.  That said, I am waiting as everyone else is and will be happy to get them.

I thank you all again for your support.  I apologize if I got over-heated… but I am just as disappointed, if not more so with the delays.  I only gave dates that were given to me.  Only because I myself became very excited at the time.  I felt that I should give those of you who have supported this project from the beginning (with your ideas, pre-orders etc) the same information I had.

I will stop giving dates at this point, as I know it only leads to disappointment.

Thanks again all,

Jeremy

• anything you do will not disappoint me.

• Customizer

Well, if we still have to wait for our Italian pieces, is there any news on the progress of the Germany pieces?  Have they made the mould yet?

How about the USA pieces?  Can we see any sculpts for them?

• '10

@knp7765:

Well, if we still have to wait for our Italian pieces, is there any news on the progress of the Germany pieces?  Have they made the mould yet?

How about the USA pieces?  Can we see any sculpts for them?

The German mould is going into production.  They will actually be close behind the Italian release.  USA sculpts I am told are still being worked on.

• Hang in there Jeremy your close if there done right they will be worth it. It takes guts to take on any project like this. Especially since you are at the mercy of a factory. I have learned at my job that if you can’t do everything yourself you never know what you are going to get. Me personally I like the idea of giving the community dates. If it doesn’t pan out just let me know why. I understand and appreciate the task you are undertaking. I am disappointed they didn’t make the 8th but I am glad you are keeping us abreast of the situation. I agree with you I think once this thing gets going it will move a lot faster. Behind you 100%
    Dave

• Should have made them in the United States.

• '10

@Shakespeare:

Should have made them in the United States.

Not sure anyone would want to pay $69.99 per set rather than $29.99.  Thats just the reality.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m