Question about damaged Industrial Complexes

• I have a question about the rules in the rulebook about damaged industrial complexes.

The rule book states the following:

Bombers can damage industrial complexes directly. Plastic chips are placed under the targeted industrial complex. For each plastic chip that is under a given industrial complex, that factory can mobilize one less unit. Total damage to an industrial complex cannot exceed twice the IPC value of the territory on which the factory is located. Industrial Complexes cannot be destroyed. They can be heavily damaged, however, and can be damaged to the point where they have at least as many damage markers as they have production capacity. In this case, no new units can enter the game through that factory until it is repaired.

I don’t understand from the above text how much damage i can make to a factory with a strategic bombing raid. Can i make twice the IPC value or just the IPC value? The two quotes that i highlighted with bold seems to contradict each other or am i missing something?

Can someone please clarify?

• Twice

• Thanks wittman, and that’s what I suspected.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Yes, twice the IPC value is correct. The other sentence is trying to say although an IC can’t be destroyed, it can be rendered useless by taking as many hits or more as the IPC value or the territory.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m