Accurate Miniature Equivalents for Custom Painting your 1940 E&P

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@i:

what do you mean by main land??

He painted two different schemes for the Anzacs. I imagine he’s doing the same for the Japanese. One set, the mainland set, will be used to attack China and India. The other set, will be the ones attacking the US and Anzacs. This is my guess.

• Awesome, simply awesome. I’m loving those rising sun stands.

• Customizer

Banzai!!

Japanese Mainland Infantry

Japanese Island-Based Infantry

• I’m starting to get jealous again.

• Holy Crap!
    They all look just awesome, way to go.  US next I’d assume?  Are you gonna do the same for Marines and Army units?

• Customizer

@Variable:

@i:

what do you mean by main land??

He painted two different schemes for the Anzacs. I imagine he’s doing the same for the Japanese. One set, the mainland set, will be used to attack China and India. The other set, will be the ones attacking the US and Anzacs. This is my guess.

Exactly - Here’s my projected list for my Japanese set:

40 Infantry - 2 uniforms

6 Mech Inf - 2 Camos (wish I had 6 more mechs, debating buying a second set…)
    12 Artillery - 2 Camos
    16 Tanks - 2 Camos

24 Fighters - 4 Camos (can’t wait for the Zeros)
    12 Tact Bombers - 2 Camos
    8 Strat Bombers - 2 Camos

12 Subs - 1 Camo
    12 Transports - 2 Camos
    12 Destroyers - 2 Camos
    8 Cruisers - 2 Camos
    8 Carriers - 2 Camos
    8 Battleships - 2 Camos

Some of my other sets will include more/less camos and uniforms sets. Here’s the rest of the infantry uniform list:

3 USA - European, African, Pacific
    2 Russia - Standard, Winter
    3 UK - European, African, Pacific
    4 Germany - German Grey, European (camo), Afrikan, Winter (I love the Germans heh)

• Can’t wait to see your German pieces.

• God damnit, you’re great! Perhaps I have to order some painted units when the FMG-units arrives. I’m dreaming of the superior Global A&A 1940 Edition. FMG wooden box, FMG pieces, dices and combat turret, and this kind of quality of painted units. Will cost a fortune, but what a set of A&A it would be, it would be so jolly splendid indeed! :D

• only one word can describe your work, and that is AWESOME. i would love to get me a full set, but i am afraid it is a bit expensive…… already purchased the FMG wwoden crate  and will also buy the combat units. keep up the good work

• It’s been three days since you last posted pics of your painted pieces. I’m going through withdrawals already.

• Customizer

Fiiiiine…

Japanese Mechanized Infantry

Japanese Artillery

Japanese Tanks

Japanese Mainland Ground Forces

Japanese Island Ground Forces

Japanese Total Ground Forces

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I’d have to say, my favorite part of the vehicles has be the outlined camo patterns. I can appreciate how difficult that is. Also, the patterns themselves are very tricky. In the past when painting camo, I find it tough to make it look good. Yours are fantastic!

• @Variable:

I’d have to say, my favorite part of the vehicles has be the outlined camo patterns. I can appreciate how difficult that is. Also, the patterns themselves are very tricky. In the past when painting camo, I find it tough to make it look good. Yours are fantastic!

Yeah, and they all have a unique pattern. It just flows out of him. He is a true artist. Beautiful work. Gimme some more please.

• Lord Jesus, they look awesome! :D

• Customizer

Starting on the Zeros tonight.

• The rest of your stuff looks awesome, I can’t wait for the zeroes.

• Customizer

I’m out of town for a wedding until Sunday… I’ll finish them on the trip (fortunately they’re pretty mobile) and post pics then. I think you’ll see why it’s taking a bit - I’ve changed the projected air force camo schemes as following:

12 Strategic Bombers, 12 Tactical Bombers, 24 Fighters

Six camo schemes for 2 of each air unit, then three additional schemes for the remaining 12 fighters (4 each)

• Customizer

Thanks! I plan on taking some Pacific 1940 setup pics once Japan is finished.

By the way: I was thinking USA next… What do you guys want to see?

• Customizer

@i:

id like to see the europe board :-D

Well in that case, I’ve only got Germany, UK, Russia, US, and Italy to go.  :|

I did break down and get my 2nd copy of Pacific 1940.  :-D

• @allworkandnoclay:

Thanks! I plan on taking some Pacific 1940 setup pics once Japan is finished.

By the way: I was thinking USA next… What do you guys want to see?

The only country that is left is USA right?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m