• Just in case any of you were wondering ANZAC stands for Auatralian and New Zealand Army Corps.

• @Krieghund:

By the way, the Australian forces aren’t simply being renamed.  ANZAC is a separate, playable power.

Do you know to what extent (if any) the ANZAC forces will have different sculpts than the British pieces, and/or if they’ll be differentiated by color from the (I assume) beige-colored British units?

CWO Marc

• Official Q&A

They will be the same sculpts as the UK in a different shade of tan.

• '10

They will be the same sculpts as the UK in a different shade of tan

so in the global game, they will remain seperate?

• Krieghund,

I don’t believe I ever stated that I believed you worked for AH or WOTC.  I know quite well who you are and what you do.  I simply pointed out some items that could be misleading to customers, because I have that point of view, where-as AH, WOTC, and honestly you and Larry look at things from a different view, because you are the other side of the table with the games.  (i dunno, maybe there are more sides as you and Larry don’t want to sit on the same side as AH)  Normally for businesses that want to grow market share and cliental, they want feedback about good and bad and how they are viewed.

We here at this forum have some mighty powerful impressions about AH/WOTC and I have been part of the group that has sent correspondence on numbers of occasions to them.  Hopefully, that helps, who knows!?  Mostly, I’ve gotten the cold shoulder from them on those subjects and a bunch of BS about the website will have all the info and yada yada yada.

But hey, if people’s impressions of how the games are marketed, priced, described, etc are not wanted, then hazzah and that.  My businesses and others are different.

You chose to respond and try and correct my impression of the release, great.  You didn’t understand I knew what was meant, and came from there.  Thanks.  This whole thing is really blown way up here far beyond what was intended and is becoming a drag, man…

• @Krieghund:

By the way, the Australian forces aren’t simply being renamed.  ANZAC is a separate, playable power.

@CWO:

Do you know to what extent (if any) the ANZAC forces will have different sculpts than the British pieces, and/or if they’ll be differentiated by color from the (I assume) beige-colored British units?

@Krieghund:

They will be the same sculpts as the UK in a different shade of tan.

In AAP, the “Australia” player/power, whatever you want to call it represented Australia and New Zealand, as well as some of the small British colonial islands and such around them, correct?  While India was “india” and the rest of the BCW controlled/influenced territories on the board.  So can ANZAC be separate ‘power’ different from what we experienced in AAP, while having the same basic oversight and control and using the same UK pieces, only in a different color?  Is there something more to all this, or is this just a terminology game?

• Official Q&A

ANZAC has its own economy and pieces, and its own turn.  It can be played by a separate player.  It’s just as much a separate power from India as the United States is.  In the original Pacific, while its economy was separate, it shared its turn and pieces with India and was controlled by the same player.

• Customizer

Krieghund wrote:

Refreshed sculpts means that each unit’s mold was redone.  The result is a sharper mini with better detail.  Compare them with the Anniversary pieces and you’ll see the difference.

And they are very nice.  Absolutely better quality than the $100 AA50.  I’ve already swapped out the pieces.  Very much appreciated, by the way, along with the bigger BBs and fixed German cruiser.  Thank-you.

And I like having the Soviet fleet represented, even though I don’t buy any.  Its just cool to have them, though.

PS, how about Italy getting some new sculpts and a different colour?

• Are you kidding me! Five feet by 32 inches! I’m going to need a bigger table to play on now, Jesus….oh and my two cents from the wording of the preview, China will have many more units, but I understood that as infantry. ANZAC will of course fight Japan but I do admit the wording was a little off, they should have said and ANZAC supported by England.

• Official Q&A

@jim010:

Krieghund wrote:

Refreshed sculpts means that each unit’s mold was redone.  The result is a sharper mini with better detail.  Compare them with the Anniversary pieces and you’ll see the difference.

And they are very nice.  Absolutely better quality than the $100 AA50.  I’ve already swapped out the pieces.  Very much appreciated, by the way, along with the bigger BBs and fixed German cruiser.  Thank-you.

I wish I could take credit, but this one is all Avalon Hill.

@jim010:

And I like having the Soviet fleet represented, even though I don’t buy any.  Its just cool to have them, though.

Don’t quote me on this, but you may get some use out of these in Europe 1940.

@jim010:

PS, how about Italy getting some new sculpts and a different colour?

Working on it.  Can’t promise anything, though.

• Are you saying I have to go purchase the $25 AA42 to get better pices than my $100 AA50! Go figure.

• Official Q&A

No, you don’t have to, if you can wait for the '40s.

• @Krieghund:

No, you don’t have to, if you can wait for the '40s.

In the global game, when you combine Europe and Pacfic, what will be the maximum number of players. Will Austrilia still have its own player or will it be controlled by the US or UK? and will Italy be its own player or will it be controlled by the German player?

• Krieg, would be greatly pleased if you could help me out with a burning question I have:

Will the USSR be represented in the AAP40 game? I saw some USSR territories on one fuzzy pic of the game board [BTW, can someone post the link to the board pix? The box cover shows up here, but I can’t see the map in the other thread for some reason… thanks], but with the game being billed as a “2-4 player” game, I can’t help but wonder if the Russians are going to be there, and if so what they’re going to be getting up to…

Cheers, M_I_R

• @Krieghund:

ANZAC has its own economy and pieces, and its own turn.  It can be played by a separate player.  It’s just as much a separate power from India as the United States is.  In the original Pacific, while its economy was separate, it shared its turn and pieces with India and was controlled by the same player.

that’s a pretty semantical argument.  It’s just a stretch to say it’s a new power, they were in the old one, had their own economy and used the same pieces as UK would, just weren’t called it and moved at the same time.  Now they do all that, with different colored UK pieces, and move separate.  Should a group have played 4-player, they have have split control for a separate person from India and wah-la…  but whatever floats your boat…

@Krieghund:

It’s just as much a separate power from India as the United States is.

India now separate too?

• @Emperor_Taiki:

In the global game, when you combine Europe and Pacfic, what will be the maximum number of players. Will Austrilia still have its own player or will it be controlled by the US or UK? and will Italy be its own player or will it be controlled by the German player?

@Brain:

Are you saying I have to go purchase the $25 AA42 to get better pices than my $100 AA50! Go figure.

ET & BD:
    from LH via the Fact thread…
    @Imperious:

But if you want to know which powers have their own “Income/economy”, they are:
    US
    UK
    Russia
    France
    China
    Australia/New Zealand (ANZAC)
    Germany
    Japan
    Italy
    (LH 7/29/09)

Did I tell you that Russia now has a new Battle ship sculpt.
    Source: (LH 8/1/09)

though those AA42 pieces may be a bit different…

M.I.R.:
    @Make_It_Round:

Will the USSR be represented in the AAP40 game? I saw some USSR territories on one fuzzy pic of the game board [BTW, can someone post the link to the board pix? The box cover shows up here, but I can’t see the map in the other thread for some reason… thanks], but with the game being billed as a “2-4 player” game, I can’t help but wonder if the Russians are going to be there, and if so what they’re going to be getting up to…

link to pics:  http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=15181.0
    and about territories…
    @squirecam:

Notes:
    The russian territories are useless for AAP40 but will be used in the “global” version.
    French Indo China is indeed French !

• Official Q&A

@Emperor_Taiki:

The jury’s still out on that one.  However, Italy will not be absorbed into Germany.

@Make_It_Round:

Krieg, would be greatly pleased if you could help me out with a burning question I have:

Cheers, M_I_R

No.  The non-aggression pact is strictly in force, so USSR territories are off-limits in AAP40.

@LuckyDay:

@Krieghund:

that’s a pretty semantical argument.  It’s just a stretch to say it’s a new power, they were in the old one, had their own economy and used the same pieces as UK would, just weren’t called it and moved at the same time.  Now they do all that, with different colored UK pieces, and move separate.

Semantics?  I don’t think so.  Not sharing a turn is a big change, especially for the navies, as they can’t attack together.  Not to mention adding another player position.  It may be a small change rules-wise, but that doesn’t mean it’s not significant.

@LuckyDay:

Should a group have played 4-player, they have have split control for a separate person from India and wah-la…  but whatever floats your boat…

What do house rules have to do with it?

@LuckyDay:

@Krieghund:

It’s just as much a separate power from India as the United States is.

India now separate too?

I should have said “UK”, not “India”.  I was thinking classic Pacific.

• Seriously?  :?

So the USSR will have about 7 territories, but no troops? Not even a garrison??

Is the only purpose of those territories to contribute to the world-wide version of the game, then?

• '10

Is the only purpose of those territories to contribute to the world-wide version of the game, then?

yes

• Well, if France and China have their own turn, this could turn into a 9 player game.
    but if the game recommends that France and China still be controlled by the UK and US, i guess it will be a seven player game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m