Farmboy (X) vs AD (L+19)

• @axis-dominion I assume max d all the way.

• @farmboy said in Farmboy (X) vs AD (L+19):

@axis-dominion I assume max d all the way.

yep

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Germans round 11

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 11

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans repair damage of 6x factory_minor, 4x factory_minor; Remaining resources: 68 PUs; 
            Germans buy 1 artillery, 2 fighters, 8 infantry and 5 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            9 armour and 24 mech_infantrys moved from Rostov to Russia
            3 armour, 14 artilleries, 35 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Bryansk to Russia
            3 armour, 1 fighter and 12 mech_infantrys moved from Ukraine to Russia
            5 mech_infantrys moved from Belarus to Russia
            1 infantry moved from Vologda to Russia
            3 tactical_bombers moved from Novgorod to Russia
            8 fighters and 7 tactical_bombers moved from Greece to Russia
            3 bombers moved from Southern Italy to Russia

Combat - Germans
            Battle in Russia
                Germans attack with 15 armour, 14 artilleries, 3 bombers, 9 fighters, 36 infantry, 43 mech_infantrys and 10 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 7 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers; French defend with 1 fighter; Americans defend with 2 fighters; ANZAC defend with 2 fighters; Russians defend with 4 aaGuns, 1 airfield, 1 armour, 16 artilleries, 1 factory_major, 82 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                    Russians roll AA dice in Russia : 2/12 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    2 fighters owned by the Germans lost in Russia
                    Germans roll dice for 15 armour, 14 artilleries, 3 bombers, 7 fighters, 36 infantry, 43 mech_infantrys and 10 tactical_bombers in Russia, round 2 : 32/128 hits, 39.83 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 4 aaGuns, 1 armour, 16 artilleries, 12 fighters, 82 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Russia, round 2 : 44/114 hits, 42.50 expected hits
                    28 infantry owned by the Russians, 36 infantry owned by the Germans, 4 aaGuns owned by the Russians and 8 mech_infantrys owned by the Germans lost in Russia
                    Germans roll dice for 15 armour, 14 artilleries, 3 bombers, 7 fighters, 35 mech_infantrys and 10 tactical_bombers in Russia, round 3 : 33/84 hits, 32.50 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 armour, 16 artilleries, 12 fighters, 54 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Russia, round 3 : 35/86 hits, 33.17 expected hits
                    33 infantry owned by the Russians and 35 mech_infantrys owned by the Germans lost in Russia
                    Germans roll dice for 15 armour, 14 artilleries, 3 bombers, 7 fighters and 10 tactical_bombers in Russia, round 4 : 24/49 hits, 24.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 armour, 16 artilleries, 12 fighters, 21 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Russia, round 4 : 25/53 hits, 22.17 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the Russians, 21 infantry owned by the Russians, 2 artilleries owned by the Russians, 14 artilleries owned by the Germans and 11 armour owned by the Germans lost in Russia
                    Germans roll dice for 4 armour, 3 bombers, 7 fighters and 10 tactical_bombers in Russia, round 5 : 13/24 hits, 14.17 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 armour, 14 artilleries, 12 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers in Russia, round 5 : 13/29 hits, 14.17 expected hits
                    13 artilleries owned by the Russians, 7 fighters owned by the Germans, 4 armour owned by the Germans and 2 tactical_bombers owned by the Germans lost in Russia
                    Germans roll dice for 3 bombers and 8 tactical_bombers in Russia, round 6 : 5/11 hits, 6.00 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 armour, 1 artillery, 12 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers in Russia, round 6 : 7/16 hits, 9.83 expected hits
                    1 armour owned by the Russians, 2 tactical_bombers owned by the British, 1 artillery owned by the Russians, 1 fighter owned by the Americans and 7 tactical_bombers owned by the Germans lost in Russia
                    Germans roll dice for 3 bombers and 1 tactical_bomber in Russia, round 7 : 2/4 hits, 2.50 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 11 fighters in Russia, round 7 : 6/11 hits, 7.33 expected hits
                    3 bombers owned by the Germans, 1 fighter owned by the Americans, 1 tactical_bomber owned by the Germans and 1 fighter owned by the British lost in Russia
                Russians win with 9 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is -276
                Casualties for Germans: 15 armour, 14 artilleries, 3 bombers, 9 fighters, 36 infantry, 43 mech_infantrys and 10 tactical_bombers
                Casualties for Russians: 4 aaGuns, 1 armour, 16 artilleries, 82 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                Casualties for Americans: 2 fighters
                Casualties for British: 1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers

Non Combat Move - Germans

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Russians regular : 0.83
    Germans regular : -10.33
    Russians AA : 0.00

Savegame

• The Italian dice gave me some hope there, but that was pretty ugly.

• classic A&A, germany going Moscow straight up… but honestly, this is why that rarely happens, even by round 10… cuz even 80+ odds is too risky. well at least in competitive play. but your situation was getting desperate, so it made sense.

• and I really think bm4 with 14 cost of bombers screwed Germany’s SBR gameplan, which is very important for a successful conquest of Moscow, at least if it’s going to happen earlier in the game. allies depend on SBR campaign later in the game, if they gain Norway or normandy, etc.

• @axis-dominion it does make it more of a challenge but with those dice one or two more bombers wasn’t going to cut it. And yeah, I wouldn’t have gone for it if Japan was doing better. But it looked like now or never for Germany and I had close to 90% odds after that Italy attack. Could easily have come out of that with most of my air and a few tanks.

@axis-dominion it does make it more of a challenge but with those dice one or two more bombers wasn’t going to cut it. And yeah, I wouldn’t have gone for it if Japan was doing better. But it looked like now or never for Germany and I had close to 90% odds after that Italy attack. Could easily have come out of that with most of my air and a few tanks.

I had called around 80% and breaking even, but maybe I missed something. anyway, yea I was bracing for the worst, I figured even if you won and had much of your airforce in place, I felt pretty confident with this allied position. ME would only grow unbareably stronger, and pac is looking bad for Japan. I was probably also gonna send all my air to india to make better use of them, and then backfill in the pac as needed. from india, they could pivot east or west as needed and cause a lot of axis pain.

• @axis-dominion even with MOscow I was definitely still in trouble, but that would have been my only path to victory.

@axis-dominion even with MOscow I was definitely still in trouble, but that would have been my only path to victory.

agreed, your best chance at this point. and who knows, maybe if you had a wild swing in your favor, could’ve made something out of it? not sure, but I doubt it even then

• anyway, great game as always

• @axis-dominion it was interesting allied play as well. I’m very used to either Gibraltar or Taranto first round so that was not expected. And you were able to always time the pressure on Japan on all fronts perfectly

@axis-dominion it was interesting allied play as well. I’m very used to either Gibraltar or Taranto first round so that was not expected. And you were able to always time the pressure on Japan on all fronts perfectly

I was craving to open with something different, and maybe catch you off guard a little. and I guess my early Russian gambit, interfering into china, worked out well.

• the gib opening wasn’t as common before, but has for a while now become the standard opening play… I used to try all sorts of openings before, but I too had settled in comfortably with the gib opening. felt like changing it up haha

• and I never do Taranto personally

• as for timing pressure, I’ve become sorta an expert at taking and holding Korea, which now happens consistently in most of my games. you managed to thwart that, but it did take up a lot of your energy and resources, while china continued to grow. so in the end, that looming threat got the job done

• btw I flew my Russian air into szechwan as I was worried you might attack my allied forces there, denying valuable air support for Russia. not sure if that was on your mind or not but didn’t wanna take that chance. might have looked like an odd move to fly away its air in the face of an imminent invasion of Moscow.

• @axis-dominion I don’t do Taranto either. But I probably should find some alternatives to GIb. As for Szechwan, I considered it. But I wasn’t fully committed to the Moscow attack during Japan’s turns. One hope I had was that maybe the movement of air to Moscow would give Japan (and maybe even Italy) opportunity to recover and then German was going to move for the mid east before swinging back. But it became clear after the UK turn that Moscow was my only option

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m