Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB

• It’s a bit better than 2 inf, 1 art, 1 fig that I aimed there now.

• @trulpen British can deal with Caucasus for now I think. Those inf are probably better in Samara or Vologda

• Yes, air will have trouble reaching there anyway.

• Point of hitting Bryansk is the attrition, but it is rather risky.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

He is probably going to be swinging the mechs and tanks south and go for NWP. But he might not have the units to actually hold it safely from the British.

• The British are coming!

• @trulpen it is a trade of an inf for an inf and since he will be attacking that inf is more valuable to you than to him.

• What do you think of the build?

• @farmboy said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

@trulpen it is a trade of an inf for an inf and since he will be attacking that inf is more valuable to you than to him.

In a way true. At the same time it’s not the full story, I think. If his pool of inf is reduced, it means less protection of his valuable units when attacking. G has a harder time replenishing the slow-movers.

• @trulpen I’m for it. You need the air and this is only one unit less than you could build.

It will be worth checking what his odds are in two turns if he focused on Moscow, but I expect you should be fairly safe and that a fighter instead of 2 land units is not going to be a significant difference. That will matter more for where UK/US air would be placed.

• @trulpen Yeah. And if I could commit two air to it, I would take the risk. But not with just one. Especially since you are either committing an extra inf to Stalingrad or making that battle riskier.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

in the event you need a Soviet attack on Caucasus later, you can move the mechs to Samara too.

• @farmboy said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

@trulpen it is a trade of an inf for an inf and since he will be attacking that inf is more valuable to you than to him.

Actually, G is in deficit of air in the area, so I think it actually makes a bit sense to hit Bryansk as well. I’ve thought a bit on it, and think I’ll do the original attack. I’ve considered using 3 inf, 1 art, 1 fig, but I’ll settle for a 95 %-battle with 2 inf, 1 art, 1 fig. Can’t go bad with dice for Russia forever, eh?

• TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 5

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 5

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 1 fighter and 8 infantry; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            1 mech_infantry moved from Egypt to Ethiopia
                  Russians take Ethiopia from Italians
            2 infantry moved from Tambov to Volgograd
            1 fighter moved from Russia to Volgograd
            1 fighter moved from Russia to Bryansk
            1 infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
            1 artillery moved from Tambov to Volgograd

Combat - Russians
            Battle in Bryansk
                Russians attack with 1 fighter and 1 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Bryansk, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Bryansk, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Bryansk
                 retreated to Bryansk
                Germans win with 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -3
                Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry
            Battle in Volgograd
                Russians attack with 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 armour, 1 factory_minor and 1 mech_infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Volgograd, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1,33 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour and 1 mech_infantry in Volgograd, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0,83 expected hits
                    1 armour owned by the Germans and 1 mech_infantry owned by the Germans lost in Volgograd
                Russians win, taking Volgograd from Germans with 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 10
                Casualties for Germans: 1 armour and 1 mech_infantry

Non Combat Move - Russians
            1 fighter moved from Volgograd to Russia
            1 fighter moved from Bryansk to Russia
            1 cruiser and 1 submarine moved from 115 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            3 mech_infantrys moved from Vologda to Samara
            2 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Vologda
            2 aaGuns and 12 infantry moved from Timguska to Novosibirsk
            2 infantry moved from Central Mongolia to Dzavhan
            1 infantry moved from Olgiy to Timguska
            3 infantry moved from Kansu to Novosibirsk
            1 aaGun moved from Russia to Vologda
            1 aaGun moved from Tambov to Russia
            2 artilleries moved from Russia to Samara
            1 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Vologda
            2 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Samara
            1 aaGun, 2 artilleries and 28 infantry moved from Tambov to Samara
            4 infantry moved from Tambov to Samara
            2 infantry moved from Russia to Samara
            1 submarine moved from 112 Sea Zone to 105 Sea Zone

Place Units - Russians
            1 fighter and 8 infantry placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
            Russians collect 21 PUs; end with 22 PUs
            Objective Russians 2 Spread Of Communism: Russians met a national objective for an additional 6 PUs; end with 28 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans : -0,17
    Russians : 0,00

Savegame

• Didn’t go perfect, but was ok. Flunked Bryansk, but whipped Stalingrad, so Russia should be fairly happy.

Think I’ve safed both Moscow and Samara. Planning on keeping the foreign air in Moscow for atleast one more turn.

Moving back all forces towards the capital, not bothering with opposing the japanese onslaught.

Sub goes on convoy mission. The Baltic fleet prepares for eventual release.

Are you all in agreement?

• @trulpen I may want to keep a fighter or 2 in Moscow to discourage the strat bombing but I would get the other air to the middle east or Norway. So I would suggest making sure Moscow is safe without them.

I think you are fairly well set up to hold Moscow. You will want a number of units to return to support it, but I would keep a few units back to slow Japan and support China.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 5

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 5

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 1 fighter and 8 infantry; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            1 mech_infantry moved from Egypt to Ethiopia
                  Russians take Ethiopia from Italians
            2 infantry moved from Tambov to Volgograd
            1 fighter moved from Russia to Volgograd
            1 fighter moved from Russia to Bryansk
            1 infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
            1 artillery moved from Tambov to Volgograd

Combat - Russians
            Battle in Bryansk
                Russians attack with 1 fighter and 1 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Bryansk, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Bryansk, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Bryansk
                 retreated to Bryansk
                Germans win with 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -3
                Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry
            Battle in Volgograd
                Russians attack with 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 armour, 1 factory_minor and 1 mech_infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Volgograd, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1,33 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour and 1 mech_infantry in Volgograd, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0,83 expected hits
                    1 armour owned by the Germans and 1 mech_infantry owned by the Germans lost in Volgograd
                Russians win, taking Volgograd from Germans with 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 10
                Casualties for Germans: 1 armour and 1 mech_infantry

Non Combat Move - Russians
            1 fighter moved from Volgograd to Russia
            1 fighter moved from Bryansk to Russia
            1 cruiser and 1 submarine moved from 115 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            3 mech_infantrys moved from Vologda to Samara
            2 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Vologda
            2 aaGuns and 12 infantry moved from Timguska to Novosibirsk
            2 infantry moved from Central Mongolia to Dzavhan
            1 infantry moved from Olgiy to Timguska
            3 infantry moved from Kansu to Novosibirsk
            1 aaGun moved from Russia to Vologda
            1 aaGun moved from Tambov to Russia
            2 artilleries moved from Russia to Samara
            1 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Vologda
            2 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Samara
            1 aaGun, 2 artilleries and 28 infantry moved from Tambov to Samara
            4 infantry moved from Tambov to Samara
            2 infantry moved from Russia to Samara
            1 submarine moved from 112 Sea Zone to 105 Sea Zone

Place Units - Russians
            1 fighter and 8 infantry placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
            Russians collect 21 PUs; end with 22 PUs
            Objective Russians 2 Spread Of Communism: Russians met a national objective for an additional 6 PUs; end with 28 PUs
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Russians from Samara: 2 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Russians to Russia: 2 infantry
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans : -0,17
    Russians : 0,00

Savegame

@trulpen I may want to keep a fighter or 2 in Moscow to discourage the strat bombing but I would get the other air to the middle east or Norway. So I would suggest making sure Moscow is safe without them.

I think you are fairly well set up to hold Moscow. You will want a number of units to return to support it, but I would keep a few units back to slow Japan and support China.

Put 2 more inf in Moscow, which will release 1 fig.

I think supporting China is not Russia’s task at this moment, but rather to prepare for a push against Germany. The chinese stack is massive. It will hold its own. Main purpose is to keep the japanese busy and on their toes, making progress easier for US/ANZAC.

In the same spirit holding units back in the north-east is futile. Japan still got the bombers to pick off any lone infs. And they don’t have a tank up there, so blocking is not needed. I’m reckoning Japan has to get closer in order for the russian air to pose a threat, even though it’s hurtful to lose territories for free.

UK is contesting Calcutta, which is pretty solid. Japan won’t be able to keep up that exchange for too long.

• Ok, Andrew, the floor is yours.

• This game is heating up. Allies seem to be doing alright, even with the slow start in the med!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m