trulpen (X) vs 666 (A+8) BM3

• TripleA Turn Summary: Americans round 13

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 13

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 1 airfield, 1 artillery, 6 fighters, 3 infantry and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans
            1 infantry moved from United Kingdom to 110 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 110 Sea Zone to 125 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 125 Sea Zone to Norway
            4 infantry moved from United Kingdom to 110 Sea Zone
            4 infantry moved from 110 Sea Zone to Holland Belgium
            1 fighter moved from United Kingdom to 112 Sea Zone
            2 bombers and 1 tactical_bomber moved from United Kingdom to 112 Sea Zone
            3 carriers and 6 fighters moved from 110 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            2 destroyers and 10 submarines moved from 110 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 91 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Gibraltar to 112 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from India to French Indo China
            1 infantry moved from Hawaiian Islands to 26 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 26 Sea Zone to 17 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 17 Sea Zone to Iwo Jima

Combat - Americans
            Germans scrambles 3 units out of Western Germany to defend against the attack in 112 Sea Zone
            Strategic bombing raid in French Indo China
                    AA fire in French Indo China : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                Bombing raid in French Indo China rolls: 4 and causes: 4 damage to unit: factory_minor
                Bombing raid in French Indo China causes 4 damage total. 
            Battle in Iwo Jima
            Battle in 112 Sea Zone
                Americans attack with 3 bombers, 3 carriers, 3 destroyers, 7 fighters, 10 submarines and 1 tactical_bomber
                Germans defend with 1 battleship, 5 carriers, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers, 8 fighters, 3 submarines, 5 tactical_bombers and 3 transports
                    Americans roll dice for 10 submarines in 112 Sea Zone, round 2 : 5/10 hits, 3.33 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Germans and 4 carriers owned by the Germans
                    Americans roll dice for 3 bombers, 3 carriers, 3 destroyers, 7 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber in 112 Sea Zone, round 2 : 12/14 hits, 7.17 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 3 submarines in 112 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 carrier owned by the Americans
                    Germans roll dice for 1 battleship, 5 carriers, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers, 8 fighters, 5 tactical_bombers and 3 transports in 112 Sea Zone, round 2 : 12/22 hits, 11.33 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 carrier owned by the Americans
                    1 destroyer owned by the Germans, 10 submarines owned by the Americans, 3 submarines owned by the Germans, 5 carriers owned by the Germans, 1 carrier owned by the Americans and 2 tactical_bombers owned by the Germans lost in 112 Sea Zone
                3 destroyers owned by the Americans and 2 carriers owned by the Americans retreated to 110 Sea Zone
                Germans win, taking Iwo Jima from Japanese with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 8 fighters, 3 tactical_bombers and 3 transports remaining. Battle score for attacker is 52
                Casualties for Americans: 1 carrier and 10 submarines
                Casualties for Germans: 5 carriers, 1 destroyer, 3 submarines and 2 tactical_bombers
            Battle in Norway
            Battle in Holland Belgium
                Americans attack with 4 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 infantry
                    Americans roll dice for 4 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 0/4 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Holland Belgium
                    Americans roll dice for 3 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 3 : 1/3 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Holland Belgium
                Americans win, taking Norway from Germans, taking Holland Belgium from Germans with 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -3
                Casualties for Americans: 2 infantry
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
            Moving scrambled unit from 112 Sea Zone back to originating territory: Western Germany
            Moving scrambled unit from 112 Sea Zone back to originating territory: Western Germany
                5 fighters owned by the Germans and 3 tactical_bombers owned by the Germans forced to land in Western Germany

Non Combat Move - Americans
            2 fighters moved from 112 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            3 bombers, 5 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 112 Sea Zone to United Kingdom
            2 infantry moved from Morocco to 91 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 91 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 110 Sea Zone to United Kingdom
            1 mech_infantry moved from Morocco to Tunisia
            1 transport moved from 91 Sea Zone to 89 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Eastern United States to 101 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 destroyer, 3 infantry and 2 transports moved from 101 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from 91 Sea Zone to Morocco
            1 transport moved from 89 Sea Zone to 101 Sea Zone
            1 mech_infantry moved from Eastern Persia to Iraq
            1 artillery moved from Sumatra to 41 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 transport moved from 41 Sea Zone to 39 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from 39 Sea Zone to India
            1 bomber moved from French Indo China to India
            4 carriers, 5 destroyers, 7 fighters and 3 submarines moved from 26 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer and 5 submarines moved from 10 Sea Zone to 30 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Western United States to Hawaiian Islands

Place Units - Americans
            1 airfield placed in Iraq
            3 fighters placed in Iraq
            2 infantry placed in Eastern United States
            1 transport placed in 10 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 3 fighters and 1 infantry placed in Western United States

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 66 PUs; end with 66 PUs
            Trigger Americans 7 North Africa Beach Head: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 71 PUs
            Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 81 PUs
            Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 86 PUs
            Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 91 PUs
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from 110 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Americans to 110 Sea Zone: 1 carrier
            EDIT: Changing unit hit damage for these Americans owned units to: carrier = 1
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans : 2.50
    Americans : 6.33
    AA fire in French Indo China : : -0.17

Territory Summary for Americans :

Iwo Jima : 1 flag, 1 infantry
    Marshall Islands : 1 flag, 1 infantry
    Marianas : 1 flag, 1 infantry
    India : 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 1 marine
    Wake Island : 1 airfield
    Western United States : 1 airfield, 1 artillery, 1 factory_major, 3 fighters, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
    Hawaiian Islands : 2 aaGuns, 1 airfield, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 1 harbour
    Midway : 1 airfield
    Sumatra : 1 flag
    41 Sea Zone : 1 flag
    33 Sea Zone : 4 carriers, 5 destroyers, 7 fighters and 3 submarines
    30 Sea Zone : 1 destroyer and 5 submarines
    39 Sea Zone : 1 cruiser and 1 transport
    10 Sea Zone : 1 transport
    17 Sea Zone : 1 transport
    Central United States : 1 factory_major
    Eastern United States : 1 airfield, 1 factory_major, 1 harbour and 2 infantry
    United Kingdom : 3 bombers, 5 fighters, 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
    Morocco : 1 flag, 2 aaGuns, 1 artillery and 3 infantry
    French Guiana : 1 flag
    Tunisia : 1 mech_infantry
    Norway : 1 flag, 1 infantry
    Holland Belgium : 1 flag, 2 infantry
    125 Sea Zone : 1 transport
    Iraq : 1 flag, 1 airfield, 1 factory_minor, 3 fighters and 1 mech_infantry
    101 Sea Zone : 1 transport
    Brazil : 1 flag
    91 Sea Zone : 1 destroyer and 2 transports
    110 Sea Zone : 3 carriers, 2 destroyers, 2 fighters and 5 transports

Production/PUs Summary :

Germans : 59 / 83
    Russians : 6 / 17
    Japanese : 62 / 91
    Americans : 66 / 91
    Chinese : 0 / 3
    British : 36 / 42
    UK_Pacific : 13 / 21
    Italians : 12 / 7
    ANZAC : 8 / 0
    French : 3 / 0
    Dutch : 0 / 0
    Mongolians : 0 / 0
    Neutral_Axis : 0 / 0
    Neutral_Allies : 0 / 0
    Neutral_True : 18 / 0

Savegame

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: British round 13

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Combat Move - British
            1 destroyer moved from 110 Sea Zone to 124 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 110 Sea Zone to 124 Sea Zone
            1 bomber and 6 fighters moved from United Kingdom to 112 Sea Zone
            3 fighters moved from 110 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            2 destroyers moved from 110 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from United Kingdom to 110 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from 110 Sea Zone to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 fighter moved from Gibraltar to Normandy Bordeaux
            2 infantry moved from Burma to Shan State
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Burma to Shan State
            1 fighter moved from India to Shan State

Savegame

• @trulpen scramble out of W.Ger? I would think not but what do I know?

UK has 2 dd, 9 fgt and bmb, G has dd, cr & tipped BB

• I’ll check when I get home.

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: British round 13

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Combat Move - British
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from West India: 1 marine
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from 79 Sea Zone: 1 cruiser
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Americans to Iraq: 1 marine
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Americans to 80 Sea Zone: 1 cruiser
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            1 destroyer moved from 110 Sea Zone to 124 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 110 Sea Zone to 124 Sea Zone
            1 bomber and 6 fighters moved from United Kingdom to 112 Sea Zone
            3 fighters moved from 110 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            2 destroyers moved from 110 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from United Kingdom to 110 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from 110 Sea Zone to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 fighter moved from Gibraltar to Normandy Bordeaux
            2 infantry moved from Burma to Shan State
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Burma to Shan State
            1 fighter moved from India to Shan State

Savegame

• @trulpen use the below file, decided to NCM the CR all the way to z80 with the us marine…thanks.

• Np, although does not inflict upon the scramble choice. I’m honestly not sure about what to do there. I’ll have to contemplate it. 5-8 more IPC loss when scrambling. At the same time could be lucky and drag some British air down with it. Can of course be unlucky too.

• @trulpen said in trulpen (X) vs 666 (A+8) BM3:

Np, although does not inflict upon the scramble choice. I’m honestly not sure about what to do there. I’ll have to contemplate it. 5-8 more IPC loss when scrambling. At the same time could be lucky and drag some British air down with it. Can of course be unlucky too.

yeah, that is why I prefer to ask. I would think @JDOW would say don’t scramble. The luftwaffe is very precious in his opinion…right JDOW?

Take your time.

• Don’t think he should give me his opinion actually. He’s a much better player than I am, so it could change my assessment. I believe the UK air is pretty valuable too.

Don’t think he should give me his opinion actually. He’s a much better player than I am, so it could change my assessment. I believe the UK air is pretty valuable too.

I agree. He is a much better than I am as well and I also agree that the UK air is valuable! I think I bought 15 uk fighters this game already! LOL

• Lets go wild and do a full scramble with 3 figs. Slim chance of it paying off, but the chance is better than utter defeat.

Lets go wild and do a full scramble with 3 figs. Slim chance of it paying off, but the chance is better than utter defeat.

ok!

• '15 '14

@666 said in trulpen (X) vs 666 (A+8) BM3:

@trulpen said in trulpen (X) vs 666 (A+8) BM3:

Np, although does not inflict upon the scramble choice. I’m honestly not sure about what to do there. I’ll have to contemplate it. 5-8 more IPC loss when scrambling. At the same time could be lucky and drag some British air down with it. Can of course be unlucky too.

yeah, that is why I prefer to ask. I would think @JDOW would say don’t scramble. The luftwaffe is very precious in his opinion…right JDOW?

Take your time.

I cannot open the map but Germans should certainly avoid losing planes here.

But @666 with the US you made the same mistake you made in our 2nd game. You had favorable US dice but retreat instead of killing as many German planes as possible. You should certainly continued the battle with the US and happily trade US planes against German planes.
    You left 10 German planes escape that were on the hook.

Same in our game. There, you should have certainly finished the Japanese fleet off with the US killing all Japanese planes when you had the chance.

• On another note, I just looked at the other side of the board. See something now that I missed, namely that ANZAC has a sub by Malaya and that Japan of course lacks destroyers. Would you be ok if I just didn’t move that transport to sz20 and instead let it stay in sz6? If not, I say it’s my bad.

• @JDOW said in trulpen (X) vs 666 (A+8) BM3:

@666 said in trulpen (X) vs 666 (A+8) BM3:

@trulpen said in trulpen (X) vs 666 (A+8) BM3:

Take your time.

I cannot open the map but Germans should certainly avoid losing planes here.

But @666 with the US you made the same mistake you made in our 2nd game. You had favorable US dice but retreat instead of killing as many German planes as possible. You should certainly continued the battle with the US and happily trade US planes against German planes.
    You left 10 German planes escape that were on the hook.

Same in our game. There, you should have certainly finished the Japanese fleet off with the US killing all Japanese planes when you had the chance.

Not to worry, he’ll get more chances… ;)

On another note, I just looked at the other side of the board. See something now that I missed, namely that ANZAC has a sub by Malaya and that Japan of course lacks destroyers. Would you be ok if I just didn’t move that transport to sz20 and instead let it stay in sz6? If not, I say it’s my bad.

And if you allow it, you can of course reconsider taking Okinawa. Not saying it’s a bad move though, but might make a difference.

• Maybe an alternative is that the transport moved to sz5 instead, not to threaten Hawaii. I just feel it’s rotten of me to easily sacrifice transports. Should look more closely at the map. Always…

Maybe an alternative is that the transport moved to sz5 instead, not to threaten Hawaii. I just feel it’s rotten of me to easily sacrifice transports. Should look more closely at the map. Always…

always

• @trulpen for whatever reason I can’t ncm a brit AA onto Norm?? The game lets me do so with an art but not aa??? Will edit that and your jpn trn…

• Maybe it was on a tr that carried an inf that was in combat? But I’ve noticed that the handling of transports is a bit cumbersome and weird at times. Some bugs here and there. Like when moving 5 tr’s and it won’t allow to unload all properly, but blocks some units for some unknown reason. I usually have to move the tr’s separately, which is slightly annoying.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m