• '10

Nice discussion.

I use my wonderfull german: “Besatzer-Englisch” to get more information about this “must-have-game”.

…and I wonder how italiansarecoming will understand this 48 page rulebook.

• @marechallannes:

…and I wonder how italiansarecoming will understand this 48 page rulebook.

:lol: lol

• There is a difference between not using english correctly and simply making sloppy typos.  Judging by the posts italiansarecoming has made, it’s typos.  I mean come on, why would somebody who is learning english say things like “detsroyers,” “trnasports,” “astop.”  The a key is right next to s, after all.  It appears to be simply typos, not a lack of understanding of english (from what we have seen so far, I could be wrong of course).

• Lets not pick on him, but only encourage something better. He knows the language and often uses the spelling with the correct letters but they are often reversed which happens only when your really sloppy. Its easily fixed by spending time to make it readable.

• HOLD IT I CAN READ MAN don’t be so rude to me you know i can check some conversations out!
    Also anyways i understand the rules easily i just need it explained to me once or twice or read it over a million times.

So don’t dis me until you actually know me and i can read perfectly thankyou.

also on another post i said i was canada i chose italiansarecoming as a joke because they sucked in ww2 :lol:

So there you go i am canadian, i am capable of learning rules and i am not italian!
    My only fault would be i am to lazy
    This post: please do not show much anger italiansarecoming even though you are lazy. lol

• @italiansarecoming:

also on another post i said i was canada i chose italiansarecoming as a joke because they sucked in ww2 :lol:

Which is different from “canadiansarecoming” how?  :evil:  :wink:

• Lets keep things on topic. A small sidestep may be possible, but lets head back to topic. thanks!

• Man, that was harsh rakeman saying how the canadians sucked i hope you were joking because that was real mean

• I will miss 1 thing though i do nto want peope to start using destroyers as a way to stop sub attacks which really sucks because i adored subs now i think i might sue thema  bit less though $ looks profitable

• I now have to agree with IL (which, if you have spent any time on this MB, you should know pains me greatly)

I would hope sometime in the near future, you can leave out that part when you do. Its not really nice. :wink:

• lol

• @italiansarecoming:

HOLD IT I CAN READ MAN don’t be so rude to me you know i can check some conversations out!
    Also anyways i understand the rules easily i just need it explained to me once or twice or read it over a million times.

So don’t dis me until you actually know me and i can read perfectly thankyou.

So there you go i am canadian, i am capable of learning rules and i am not italian!
    My only fault would be i am to lazy
    This post: please do not show much anger italiansarecoming even though you are lazy. lol

It is not a question of showing anger.

What do you think if I changed my name to “CanadiansAreNotInA&A” and then started to write post like: xve rght shyrt shergt cvb bmm qwerty asd asd???

Excuse me for being out of topic.

• Exactly what are the differences in Subs from Revised to AA50?

Did I read somewhere that they would only get their preemptive shots in the first round of combat?

• Official Q&A

Subs get to fire first only in the first combat round if no enemy destroyers are present.  They may submerge instead of firing in any combat round before any dice are rolled if no enemy destroyers are present.  They don’t block combat or noncombat movement of any enemy ships.  When a warship ends a combat movement in a sea zone with an enemy sub, it may choose to attack it or ignore it.  Air units can’t hit subs unless there is a destroyer friendly to the air units on the battle board.  Subs attack on a 2 and defend on a 1.  They cost 6 IPCs.

• Subs got ruined as soon as the destroyers came no need for subs really except for germany since there not all navy like island nations

• @Krieghund:

Subs get to fire first only in the first combat round if no enemy destroyers are present.  They may submerge instead of firing in any combat round before any dice are rolled if no enemy destroyers are present.  They don’t block combat or noncombat movement of any enemy ships.  When a warship ends a combat movement in a sea zone with an enemy sub, it may choose to attack it or ignore it.  Air units can’t hit subs unless there is a destroyer friendly to the air units on the battle board.  Subs attack on a 2 and defend on a 1.  They cost 6 IPCs.

All this is pretty odd … with so drastical change for a unit who worked in Revised? Saving the aircraft stuff, the rest is … odd …

• Probably you have reason, Craig, with people thinking subs were not enough good, but I think forcing aircraft have a dd to attack them and the reduced cost was enough. The thing most annoys me is a lone trannie ignoring a sub and sending people to other place, but I guess, as you say, opinions will vary with the time

• Probably you have reason, Craig, with people thinking subs were not enough good, but I think forcing aircraft have a dd to attack them and the reduced cost was enough. The thing most annoys me is a lone trannie ignoring a sub and sending people to other place, but I guess, as you say, opinions will vary with the time

I love these sub changes, and can’t wait to play it out! I think the tracking of enemy destroyers and moving of subs into striking position can be a new and exciting part of the game. Let’s see if this change will make Convoy interdiction house rules disappear, time will tell…

• @Krieghund:

Krieghund…

Let’s say a group of 3 Subs is attacked by 1 Destroyer, 5 Fighters, and 2 Cruisers
    If 1 Sub survives the first round of combat, does it have any opportunity to submerge prior to facing second round attacks?

I know the answer is yes if the opposing Destroyer is taken as a casualty, but what I’m wondering is if it can submerge if the Destroyer is not taken as a casualty?

• Since it went mostly unaddresed, I would like to point out the following:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties
    You can see that Canada’s % deaths vs total population was higher then the U.S

Hopefully that info is accurate, but I imagine it is.

Please don’t belittle Canada’s role in WW2

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m