• Any number of new Chinese infantry can be placed in any Chinese territory.  However, they can’t be placed in territories that already contain three or more Chinese units.

What? But as far as potential builds they are limited to one new infantry BUILD per territory under control. I guess your talking about placement only?

Or ill just take 20 infantry please and fill out each Chinese territory to maximum each turn.

• Official Q&A

Right, I was talking about placement.  As far as builds, they get one infantry for every two territories they control.

• one infantry for every two territories they control.

oh snap! thats different from AAP

• Based on the following picture from Board Game Geek:

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/362530?size=original

There is no Industrial Center in China in the starting set up.  The US would need to build one there on its turn.  Upon further examination of the picture, it should be possible for the US to stage bombers to China in one movement turn from the Hawaiian Islands.  The alternate route for aerial movement would be through Russia, unless there is a specific rule prohibiting that.

Edit:  It appears that there is a rule keeping US aircraft from overflying Russia to reach China. I suspected that there would be as that would correspond with historical Russian actions.  Also, apparently, the US may not build an Industrial Center in China.

• The rules say you cant bring in allied junk into China. So you cant do that.

The allies can land in Soviet Union but the Soviets are denied their bonus if this occurs.

So no non-Chinese units cannot fly over or into china.

• Official Q&A

@Imperious:

The rules say you cant bring in allied junk into China. So you cant do that.

@Imperious:

Not true.  Chinese and US units may not attack together, but there’s nothing preventing Allied units in China.

• There is not one fig in China? Is chinese or USA?. If it’s USA’s and cannot mix in attack with Kuomingtan forces, is a big handicap for China, because they cannot trade territories and only attack at 1s :-o

I think China should have at least 1 fig from begining or at least should be allowed buy 1, say, for each 5 territories or such. Or Japaneses can have a party day at China.

What about if Japan conquers, say, Yunnan and UK want attack from Burma? UK cannot free an allied territory? It would be ridiculous…

It was so difficult making China a normal country (even as minor) with her IC and giving them 6 to 9 ipcs?  :-P

Better if we wait until we know the rules  :-)

• Official Q&A

The fighter that starts in China is considered to be Chinese for movement and attack purposes.  Once it’s gone, it can’t be replaced.

• I can’t imagine that Allied units cannot go into China, or that the US and China can’t attack together.

What if China liberates Hong Kong? Does that territory go back to UK and it’s income? Or does that go to China and just count as 1 more territory? It looked like all Chinese territories count as 1 ipc(7). So if they take Hong Kong (worth 2?) do they just get 1 extra infantry?

I would kill for a copy of the rule book.

• If Allied units can’t go into China the Chinese need to be a diffrent color then the US.  How would you be able to tell them apart?  Unless Chinese units can’t leave China.

Either way that would be distracting as the US player IMO.

LT

• @Krieghund:

The fighter that starts in China is considered to be Chinese for movement and attack purposes.  Once it’s gone, it can’t be replaced.

That is good, but the deployment of 1942 scenario (as seen in the pictures we have), shows chinese fighter in the frontier with japanese conquests. Japan goes before China, so I imagine Japanese 1st attack will be against that fighter.

At least USA’s airfleet should be able of attack with chineses. Lend Lease also went for China (and is implemented in AA Pacific) by Burma Road.

• @LT04:

If Allied units can’t go into China the Chinese need to be a diffrent color then the US.  How would you be able to tell them apart?  Unless Chinese units can’t leave China.

LT

I think Chinese units are a different model from USA’s units. Anyway, you can just put a Chinese counter under chinese units and it should work.

I’m still surprised China didn’t became a independent playable power in AE. It dereved more than Italy…

• Chinese and US units may not attack together, but there’s nothing preventing Allied units in China.

somebody at the con mentioned they are not allowed in Chinese territories. Ill find that post.

• @Funcioneta:

@LT04:

If Allied units can’t go into China the Chinese need to be a diffrent color then the US.  How would you be able to tell them apart?  Unless Chinese units can’t leave China.

LT

I think Chinese units are a different model from USA’s units. Anyway, you can just put a Chinese counter under chinese units and it should work.

I’m still surprised China didn’t became a independent playable power in AE. It dereved more than Italy…

China has 7 territories. Thats 7 IPC.

China gets 1 INf for every 2 territories. That 9 IPC worth of units. China is benefitting heavily by this system.

And if you gave China 20 IPC (so it could buy tanks, artillery, bombers, tech, and fighters) you would be destroying game balance.

China did not deserve better than Italy.

• @squirecam:

China gets 1 INf for every 2 territories. That 9 IPC worth of units. China is benefitting heavily by this system.

Other advantages are: no IC that can be captured, free placement in any chinese territory and immediate placement of units after turn, i.e. no income saved so that units can only be placed next round.

• @Krieghund:

What you are saying then is that there can be no 14th Air Force in China?  No Chinese-American Composite Air Wing?  No assistance from the US in the form of improved weaponry and artilllery?  If this is the case, why did Larry and Wizards bother making China a US controlled player?  The US was better off in the Classic and Revised Edition.

Is it asking too much for a copy of the rule book to be posted?  The game is released in 2 months, which means that the initial shipments from China are probably already on the way.  Before I shell out $200 I would like to have a lot better idea of what I am buying.

These limitations should gladden the hearts of every Axis-loving player in the forum.

• @Atlantikwall:

@squirecam:

Other advantages are: no IC that can be captured, free placement in any chinese territory and immediate placement of units after turn, i.e. no income saved so that units can only be placed next round.

I would add: immunity to SBR and territory that are more valuable when hold by China (2 territories = 1 INF = 3 IPC) while they are worthy only 1 IPC if conquered by Axis.

• @Krieghund:

@Imperious:

The rules say you cant bring in allied junk into China. So you cant do that.

@Imperious:

Not true.  Chinese and US units may not attack together, but there’s nothing preventing Allied units in China.

Thanks, Krieghund, for the information.  Now it will be possible to put the 14th Air Force in China if desired, along with Merrill’s Marauders and some other things.

• @Krieghund:

Chinese and US units may not attack together, but there’s nothing preventing Allied units in China.

This rule doesn’t make alot of sense to me. The US and China go on the same turn, why can’t they attack together? Especially sense US units can be in Chinese territories. It might make sense if no allied units were allowed in China. Can you tell us more about this?

• Official Q&A

@Flying:

@Krieghund:

Chinese and US units may not attack together, but there’s nothing preventing Allied units in China.

This rule doesn’t make alot of sense to me. The US and China go on the same turn, why can’t they attack together? Especially sense US units can be in Chinese territories. It might make sense if no allied units were allowed in China. Can you tell us more about this?

Sure.  The US player controls China, but it is treated as a separate power.  It’s similar to one player controlling both Germany and Japan in Revised.  In this case, though, the US player has a little more flexibility.

First, weapons development is done for the US.  Next, “purchasing” is done for both powers simultaneously (the US purchases units normally, while China gets one infantry for each two territories it controls).  Then, the US player completes both the Combat Movement and Conduct Combat phases for one power, then the other.  Either China or the US may be done first, as the player desires.  Noncombat Movement and Mobilization are then done for both together.  Finally, the US collects income.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m