Why is Japan not going to war? Makes it easier for the US to liberate UK, you dont want to do it right away anyway, but having less pressure in the pacific gives the US 2 rounds of freedom to get itself on london.
It is so much easier in the pacific for USA when all he has to do is build 2 subs 1 dd every round to keep japan down.
The theory is to keep Britain isolated and the us low on production and not able to reinforce Britain on the turn the UK is captured, this leaves the axis time to maneuver into a position. With the us out if the war, the axis control all the movement on the board and have only 1 target to hit.
Japan can still maneuver. Are their any maneuvers Japan can do that the US HAS to respond to? That was one of my main questions. The other one is, can Japan maneuver and virtually guarantee itself the odds to take India J3/J4. If that’s possible, that’s the UK eliminated before the other two allies are even in.the war. I don’t see how they can recover. But of there is really nothing statistically the U.K. can do to get favorable odds on both fronts (even it’s just 51% for the axis) by a mad rush from the Axis, I see no reason not to do that every single time as an axis player.
Can the The isolated UK can be virtually wiped out by the axis before the other allies even enter? And if so that probably means a couple of things:
- Italy is not insignificant in the early game.
- Italy and Japan have linked up in the middle east and are now a force Russia has to think about. That should be a big enough that to Russia to keep her busy while a strong Germany makes adjustments. Germany also had a lot of translated that can hit Russia hard and deep into get territory. Russian troops are still going to be in a conservative position.
- The U.S.A. Is on its cost and unable to reach UK for 2 turns. It also has to build a strong enough navy to withstand the German air force and possibly even a combined German Italian navy. That’s money not going into ground units. If one is playing a kill an isolated UK, and Japan can get planes on Normandy by J4, that adds to an even bigger headache.
Even if Japan can’t kill UK Pacific I still wonder if it can do this:
hit Russia. Either by hitting Russia in the far east J1, our hitting China particularly hard (1 factory and 2 bombers ought to be enough to contain India) and being at the USSRS back door on J4, while gobbling up a few far east territories before that.
Force America to build heavy in the Pacific
Either way, Like I said Japan is a mystery to me on how to optimize sea lion.
But even if the U.K. can protect itself with favorable odds, this seems to be what’s happening:
- Germany buys nothing G1, lands planes in tobrook and Italy. This costs Germany nothing, and cripples the allies.
- UK has to pull fighters from India, and leaves Italian Bb/Tran alone, withdraws navy from med.
I don’t get how the allies survive that opening. India is as good as dead, Italy it’s going to swell, and Russia is going to get crushed quickly.