• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Which is exactly why I think the southern route is better.

a) It’s not as obvious what you are doing.  (This does not mean it is not obvious, just not AS obvious as having 5 transports in SZ 60, 5 infantry, 5 armor in Japan and 5 infantry, 5 armor in Buryatia with the rest of your fleet in SZ 60 for support.  Then you KNOW something is up!)

b)  Your forces are not stuck in no man’s land.  You are in a good position to exploit your enemy if they fail to defend W. USA or to take out 3 primary targets of Japan anyway.

c)  It doesn’t cost you anything.

The northern route is blatantly obvious.  Especially after the CSUB paper describing Canadian Shield. (Maybe after excitement about that goes away in a few years it may be more viable as a sucker punch) It ties up your forces, I mean you’re held back to SZ 60, Japan and Buryatia, what, exactly, are pushing into Russia to press the battle?  And if America sees the threat and moves to thwart it, you are not in a position to do anything, you’re going to have to move your units to SZ 45 to hit New Zealand and Australia anyway.

So why run the risk?  Just go for SZ 45 and set up the trifecta as a backup plan if W. USA becomes Fortress America (pun intended, I love the FA game!)

• I like the southern route better because it picks up those undefended far away ipcs at the very least or could hurt the US. The southern route really works best in classic. The good thing about the southern route is you can possible sail to Brazil and West Africa with your extra transports. The only problem is it is rare for me to have those extra transports to sail the ends of the earth. That is probably just me because I usually only build one IC in india and rely  mostly on my trans.

• I sometimes can catch the USA off guard when I go from capturing NZ to the tip of south America with a fleet headed for Brazil. If the USA dosen’t catch it, I can quickly back track up the west coast and invade Los Angeles!
    With 3 transports at Japan, I invade both Alaska and Western Canada, build two more transports, 2 tanks and two Infantry for follow up. Actually have done this several times, but never have been able to hold on to it for more than three rounds.
      Helps the germans out though, diverting the USA pipeline to Europe for that many turns.  :-)
    Good luck catching anyone after this post though, they will all be watching for it now  :|
    Oh well, there is always another Noob around the corner  :lol:

• The only way i know to take west USA is to land at least one land unit from a transport. :?

• :x
    I smite you IL for such a corny answer to a real good question.
    But you may just be feeling giddy today for some reason, What’s up?
    Good news I hope  :-)
    Say, did you read my Idea for Battle Zone territories? 8-)

• yes sir i have read them… IN this thread i was trying to be funny. I guess im not. :cry:

• :wink:
    Well good ideas are good things! At least we love this game enough to try and make it better, right.
    I may be behind the “S” curve on this one, but I have other good ideas. :wink:

• good . do post them. but if they are any good, they must be in AARHE already. :oops:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m