Even without being a jerk, apart from one post almost all of these answer are utter crap.
It all depends on the whole picture of the allied strategy. US has two basic options:
- Go KGF only
- Also try to take care of Japan
Easiest part first: KGF only
There is one thing you should never lack: Transports and landing troops! Well okay, they should be guarded against air attacks, but: NEVER build more fleet than you need. Usually German fleet is dead turn 1, if Germany goes navy it’s an autoloss against Russia unless they have a very very smart plan (if you are interested in that, try googling ‘Canadian Shield’, and even that has just a single turn fleet buy). So, move your Pacific sea units to the Atlantic to give additional protection to your transport fleet. Against a good Japs player, you won’t stand a chance in the Pacific anyways unless you fully commit there. Basic plan: build about 2 transports each turn until you have about 8, and establish a shipping route from Eastern Canada to Western Europe. The troops you build in Eastern US walk to Eastern Canada and get shipped the turn after (called the shuk-shuk). My standard turn 1 buy as US is 1 AC, 2 tanks, 2 transports. Along with your existing 2 full transports and the one coming from Pacific (which should be joined by another transport buy turn 2) you should easily have enough transports by turn 4. Your invasion target number 1 is Western Europe. But you also have a few other options:
- turn 1, you can land in Algeria. This is useful when the Axis took Egypt but are weak there. You might lose the transports landing there though, depending on German opening and buy.
- turn 1 to SZ8, landing troops in UK and uniting fleets, turn 2 take Norway and maybe build a factory there.
- when you have at least 4 full transports, enter the med sea and take Southern Europe IF you have a chance to hold it.
- when UK takes Western Europe or Southern Europe, fortify it with your troops.
- when Russia is about to fall, help in Archangel, Russia or Caucasus (I won’t go into detail here, but in a lot of games especially online a lot of UK and US troops help the Russians to survive)
- also try to take care of Japan
This slows down the landings a lot. You will have to put a factory into Sinkiang turn 1, as well as UK needs one in India, and you will need air superiority in Asia, which is not easy to establish. That costs a lot of resources and demands very good teamplay with UK and Russia, so I don’t recommend this to newbies. If this strategy fails, you autolose because you built 2 ICs for Japan. In general: If you try this, try to push Japan from the mainland. This cannot be accomplished on sea. Focus on killing transports and getting air units into Asia. Russia will have to help you defend the ICs, and in exchange you have to take care of Africa or Scandinavia usually, and maybe threaten to land in France so Germany has to use up resources there. In case you want to try this, let me know and I’ll give you a whole overview about allied teamplay then.
Whatever you do, focus on
- good teamplay with Allies
- having enough transports and landing troops
- keeping them defended
- not wasting money in too many sea units
- supporting Russia where absolutely needed while putting up threats against Germany
- establishing a shuk-shuk of troops from Eastern Canada to Western Europe.
Just my 2 cents
Edit: As a note: Forget about Suez. The Japs will come there by turn 4. Hold one side to prevent them from entering the med sea. Take Germany and it’s game over.