Looking for players to play with over the internet (Anniversary/ 1942 2nd)

• '19

I am looking for people to play with over the Internet in some way. I hope I’m posting in the right part of the forum.

I’ve recently seen people playing a game of A&A over Youtube whereby they record and upload their moves to the site for other players to follow. Because I’ve been struggling to find people to play with in real life, I’m considering giving this a go. We can also arrange to ‘meet’ on Skype (or similar) and play in real time if you fancy.
    I’m not entirely sure how this will work but there’s a few things to be aware of if you’re interested:

1. You’ll need a space to leave the game set up for an extended period of time. Its hard to tell how long a game played in this way will last but I’d expect potentially a few weeks.

2. Although I’m not always free and don’t expect others to be, I don’t want to be waiting for days on end for someone to carry out their turn. Please make sure you have sufficient time.

3. I’m a bit worried that people will abandon the game Midway (pun intended). Please don’t :)

4. It would be difficult to ensure nobody cheats, especially when rolling die. I am a very honest man and expect honest play.

5. There are some house rules I like to use which we can agree to use or not.

6. I’d prefer to play Anniversary edition, but I also have 1942 2nd Ed, and Global 40 although I don’t really have the space for a full Europe + Pacific game.

7. I have about 2 years experience with A&A. I am by no means an expert but I can still hold my own! I don’t mind playing the Axis or Allied powers.

8. I am aware most players originate from the USA. I live in the UK which may pose some time-zone issues. This is why I considered using Youtube to upload moves. Obviously, this means you’ll need a Youtube account and video camera.

9. I think a 1v1 game may be best to start with but if 3 or 4 keen players want to join then we can certainly have more.

I hope I haven’t put anyone off with the basic requirements above. End of the day I just want to have fun and play A&A with others. There is no doubt more to consider logistically but I thought I’d put this out there to see if there is an interest. If so, we can work things out from there. If anyone has played a game in this way I’d love to hear about how it went.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear back from you.

-CorporalClegg

• Playing by forum or by email using TripleA is not an option for you?

• '19

Thanks for your reply.

TripleA is alright but it will never beat looking at a real board.

Im not sure how one would play by forum either but I’ll have a look into that.

• Evening Corporal Clegg.
    I am in Hereford . I would play a game of Anniversary with you. Can only do via AAA though. Can you join amd we can play by forum?
    There are instructions how to set it up further down the list of threads.

• '19

@wittmann:

Evening Corporal Clegg.
    I am in Hereford . I would play a game of Anniversary with you. Can only do via AAA though. Can you join amd we can play by forum?
    There are instructions how to set it up further down the list of threads.

Hello there Wittman and thank you for your reply.

While I appreciate many like to use TripleA to play A&A, I’m personally not too fond of it as I much prefer looking at a real board. Would it be possible for me to use my actual game while you use TripleA?

• Not sure how that would work, vis a vis dice rolling. Happy to try.
    Which start date and which side do you want ?

I felt like you too, when it came to playing with a map. But AAA makes things so simple.
    Do you have Marti dice roller amd do you plan on typing up your moves ? Will be time consuming for you.

• sure im in, i prefer anniversary, problem im from mexico but i got where to leave the game and im not very interested in AAA so how will we gonna do it? im aware of a way to roll dice here in the forums so we could just upload the moves and dice rolls until next guy answers, but  i dont know how to do it, lastly sorry for my english  :-D

• now i see how just write

:dice ndm:

n = number of dice to roll
    m = number of sides per dice

and it gets like
    InfantryDiceRolling 3d6:
    (2, 4, 6)

so you wanna play?

• Welcome to the forum Piloto1969.

Corporal Clegg, please try playing Piloto1969. Might be more what you want.
    Hope you two have fun.

• '19

@wittmann:

Welcome to the forum Piloto1969.

Hope you two have fun.

Thank you Wittmann for stopping by and willingness to help. I might be in touch in future to see if you fancy trying it out someday.

• '19

@piloto1969:

now i see how just write

:dice ndm:

n = number of dice to roll
    m = number of sides per dice

and it gets like
    InfantryDiceRolling 3d6:
    (2, 4, 6)

so you wanna play?

Hello Piloto thanks for your reply. I will send you a personal message shortly

Let me see if I can get that to work too…

DiceRolling 5d6:
    (3, 4, 4, 4, 5)

• @wittmann:

Welcome to the forum Piloto1969.

Hope you two have fun.

• test of rolls outside the private message

infantry
    DiceRolling 2d6:
    (1, 2)

bomber
    DiceRolling 1d6:
    (5)

fighter
    DiceRolling 1d6:
    (4)

Suggested Topics