Axis & Allies Revised Enhanced

Timerover51, you don’t have to explain yourself, he’s not a mod…

But yes I will submit we need to get back on topic.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Timerover51, you don’t have to explain yourself, he’s not a mod…

But yes I will submit we need to get back on topic.

GG

I wasn’t looking for a defense of anyones post(s).

I just asked to keep the thread on topic, in a polite manner too (I thought)

Thank You

No, I agree… As far as Enhanced goes, perhaps you could post a link to the map and/or ruleset…

GG

• @Guerrilla:

No, I agree… As far as Enhanced goes, perhaps you could post a link to the map and/or ruleset…

GG

Well the map is not altered at all (except 3 more victory cities added: Caucasus, Australia, Hawaii).

And here’s the link at AH of the rules:
    http://boards.avalonhill.com/showthread.php?t=15339

• To the top.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I think we need to have more AARe games.  It seems some of the other clubs out there are not playing by the rules, which has skewed my total impression of the game.

AA.org-ers tend to be very focused on ironing out the rules and then figuring out ways to exploit the rules just right to maximize their effectiveness.

Perhaps our local grand master of AARe should organize an intra-club tournament, just for fun?  Almost all of us are complete rookies, some of us just newbs, don’t think we have more then one or two masters.

I’d say the same for AARHE, but dang, have you SEEN the rule book on that???  AARe at least only has a few pages of rules that are drastically different, less then learning AA Classic the first time!

• @Cmdr:

I think we need to have more AARe games.  It seems some of the other clubs out there are not playing by the rules, which has skewed my total impression of the game.

AA.org-ers tend to be very focused on ironing out the rules and then figuring out ways to exploit the rules just right to maximize their effectiveness.

Perhaps our local grand master of AARe should organize an intra-club tournament, just for fun?  Almost all of us are complete rookies, some of us just newbs, don’t think we have more then one or two masters.

I’d say the same for AARHE, but dang, have you SEEN the rule book on that???  AARe at least only has a few pages of rules that are drastically different, less then learning AA Classic the first time!

I second everything about this post.  I am willing to teach new players the ways of Enhanced.

As you point out, the rules are not THAT drastically different from LHTR (by design) so Revised players can easily move onto Enhanced as they seek new Revised game play-outs.

Once the current AAMC Enhanced tourney is over, I will see if we can get an interclub tourney challenge going, perhaps with three categories: (2nd edition, Revised and Enhanced).

Intra would be better then inter.  Only because I don’t want AAMC’s bad habits coming here. :P

• @Cmdr:

Intra would be better then inter.  Only because I don’t want AAMC’s bad habits coming here. :P

Opps, I missed the intra vs. inter  :cry:  :-(

Sure, within this club is good too.  :-)
    Anything to help expand the Enhanced rules player group.

Well, it needs some serious testers.  By serious, I mean mature players with skills who also follow the rules.  So far, I have not seen that in AAMC.  Maybe it is unfamiliarity with the rules over there?

As I mentioned in our game, according to the player base in AAMC, 1 single submarine can sink an entire fleet if no destroyers are present to detect it.

• AARe needs to assign a few members PR roles. And send them to gorups like AAMC.
    This case of submarine rule misunderstanding is quite funny.

By the way the next AARHE release would be slimmed down to about 20 pages excluding optional rules like national advantages.

AARe is much more “portable” among player groups at just 11 pages.

• By the way the next AARHE release would be slimmed down to about 20 pages excluding optional rules like national advantages.

well actually an AARHE for Dummies is being prepared ( less than 6 pages of quickstart rules in outline mode)

• @Imperious:

By the way the next AARHE release would be slimmed down to about 20 pages excluding optional rules like national advantages.

well actually an AARHE for Dummies is being prepared ( less than 6 pages of quickstart rules in outline mode)

Since I know very little to nothing about A&AHE, I would be willing to take your ‘dummies’ document and see if I can play the game from there (or test whatever you want that document to do).

• @tekkyy:

AARe needs to assign a few members PR roles. And send them to gorups like AAMC.
    This case of submarine rule misunderstanding is quite funny.

AARe is much more “portable” among player groups at just 11 pages.

There’s three ‘active’ Enhancer advocates @ AAMC.  Myself (axis_roll), my playing partner AxisRoll, and PAGAN.  All good players, all know the rules thoroughly.

There is a A&ARe tourney in progress at AAMC right now.  We managed 16 participants:

• axis_roll - 1400
      Cousin_Joe - 1400
      Pagan - 1400
      psychotropic - 1400
      XS_Bombing - 1400
      DMobster - 1400
      AxisRoll - 1400
      Telecaster - 1400
      wilson2. - 1400
      John28 - 1400
      Dudanation - 1400
      Algol - 1400
      Jennifer - 1400
      bunkerboy - 1400
      N.I.P.P.O.N. - 1400
      rainynite - 1384

I’ll see if the other two would be interested in helping to build Enhanced on this site.

I’m sure PAGAN would, he introduced me too the game, but it was my first game and I was so hopelessly lost that I lost the allies very quickly. (America died first, to give you some scope on how lost I was.)

• @axis_roll:

There is a A&ARe tourney in progress at AAMC right now.  We managed 16 participants:

Now its even more mysterious as to how that rule misunderstanding still managed to survive.

@Cmdr:

I’m sure PAGAN would, he introduced me too the game, but it was my first game and I was so hopelessly lost that I lost the allies very quickly. (America died first, to give you some scope on how lost I was.)

Wow. What DID happened?

• Myself (axis_roll), my playing partner AxisRoll,

LMFAO!! you still doing that? Now we all know both are you are the same person :-D :-D :-D

If you drop a game you get a second chance as the stunt double. :mrgreen:

@tekkyy:

@axis_roll:

Now its even more mysterious as to how that rule misunderstanding still managed to survive.

@Cmdr:

Wow. What DID happened?

11 Submarines off the American coast none of which I could kill because I had no navy to assist my fighters.  Germany took E. USA, Japan W. USA.

Couldn’t stop it.  I was down 22 IPC a round in income.  Even with the busted arse tech advantage, I had no money to exploit it, so I couldn’t even make teching cheaper for my allies!

• Oh, how come did you didn’t try the same in your game with axisroll at the moment?
    I recall you built carrier instead for G1.

Because Axis Roll informed me all you had to do was bring a suicide ship and you could force the Submarines to run or die.  The AAMC players I’ve played against played with invincible submarines, only way to kill them was with a destroyer present.  No destroyer, not attacks possible which means they can keep firing until you retreat or are sunk.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m