Axis & Allies Revised Enhanced

• I don’t think this is the place to start that deal. Both variants are for different purposes and come from different backgrounds.

• @axis_roll:

Not sure what you meant by the ‘historically accurate’ comment.

Basically what you said, AARe is more about introducing options to OOB.

Talk of submarines, we slightly downgraded submarines recently in AARHE.

• @Guerrilla:

Have you heard of this site’s distinguished competition to your “rule set”, referred to as AAR Historical Edition?

GG

I don’t think of alternate rules as competition.

I am not familiar with these rules that you speak of because I am more familiar with Enhanced having helped develop and play testing it.  Unfortunately, I do not have an extreme amount of spare time to try many rule variants.  One is enough for me and the gaming group I am a part of.

• Compiler of AARHE (Axis and Allies Revised Historical Edition)
    Rules http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=7188.0
    Maps http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=8670

its right here is you do… and you get a useful larger map to print out for your trouble. It can be perfectly used to play normal revised ( the phase two map)

• Greetings Imperious Leader.

I was looking at your neutrals board for the Historical Version, and noticed that you show Mozambique and Angola as independent neutrals.  Both were still under control of Portugal, and were not granted their independence until I think 1975.  Also, the Azores are still part of Portugal, and the Allies desired access to them immensely to aid in air coverage of the Mid-Atlantic Gap.  Are you including Portugal as part of Spain?  Portugal has always tended to the side of the UK, so I would tend to put the neutral board marker for both countries, Mozambique and Angola, at a plus 2.  The best port for use by Angola is Walvis Bay, which was under control of South Africa at the time.  I would also recommend that you add the Azores to the map because of their critical position in the Atlantic.  The US and UK were extremely worried that the Germans might manage to occupy them and use the islands as an air base for attacking convoys and the US, and for a sub refueling base.  That would have been a major headache and setback for the US and UK.

• This is a thread about Enhanced.  Please keep this thread on topic.

Post about your house rules in another thread.

Thank You

• @axis_roll:

This is a thread about Enhanced.  Please keep this thread on topic.

Post about your house rules in another thread.

Thank You

I was making a comment about the maps posted by Imperious Leader in the previous post, and the comments were addressed to Imperious Leader.  My map comments had nothing to do with house rules, as I have not played the Enhanced version.  I was submitting ideas to be used in follow-on maps.

Timerover51, you don’t have to explain yourself, he’s not a mod…

But yes I will submit we need to get back on topic.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Timerover51, you don’t have to explain yourself, he’s not a mod…

But yes I will submit we need to get back on topic.

GG

I wasn’t looking for a defense of anyones post(s).

I just asked to keep the thread on topic, in a polite manner too (I thought)

Thank You

No, I agree… As far as Enhanced goes, perhaps you could post a link to the map and/or ruleset…

GG

• @Guerrilla:

No, I agree… As far as Enhanced goes, perhaps you could post a link to the map and/or ruleset…

GG

Well the map is not altered at all (except 3 more victory cities added: Caucasus, Australia, Hawaii).

And here’s the link at AH of the rules:
    http://boards.avalonhill.com/showthread.php?t=15339

• To the top.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I think we need to have more AARe games.  It seems some of the other clubs out there are not playing by the rules, which has skewed my total impression of the game.

AA.org-ers tend to be very focused on ironing out the rules and then figuring out ways to exploit the rules just right to maximize their effectiveness.

Perhaps our local grand master of AARe should organize an intra-club tournament, just for fun?  Almost all of us are complete rookies, some of us just newbs, don’t think we have more then one or two masters.

I’d say the same for AARHE, but dang, have you SEEN the rule book on that???  AARe at least only has a few pages of rules that are drastically different, less then learning AA Classic the first time!

• @Cmdr:

I think we need to have more AARe games.  It seems some of the other clubs out there are not playing by the rules, which has skewed my total impression of the game.

AA.org-ers tend to be very focused on ironing out the rules and then figuring out ways to exploit the rules just right to maximize their effectiveness.

Perhaps our local grand master of AARe should organize an intra-club tournament, just for fun?  Almost all of us are complete rookies, some of us just newbs, don’t think we have more then one or two masters.

I’d say the same for AARHE, but dang, have you SEEN the rule book on that???  AARe at least only has a few pages of rules that are drastically different, less then learning AA Classic the first time!

I second everything about this post.  I am willing to teach new players the ways of Enhanced.

As you point out, the rules are not THAT drastically different from LHTR (by design) so Revised players can easily move onto Enhanced as they seek new Revised game play-outs.

Once the current AAMC Enhanced tourney is over, I will see if we can get an interclub tourney challenge going, perhaps with three categories: (2nd edition, Revised and Enhanced).

Intra would be better then inter.  Only because I don’t want AAMC’s bad habits coming here. :P

• @Cmdr:

Intra would be better then inter.  Only because I don’t want AAMC’s bad habits coming here. :P

Opps, I missed the intra vs. inter  :cry:  :-(

Sure, within this club is good too.  :-)
    Anything to help expand the Enhanced rules player group.

Well, it needs some serious testers.  By serious, I mean mature players with skills who also follow the rules.  So far, I have not seen that in AAMC.  Maybe it is unfamiliarity with the rules over there?

As I mentioned in our game, according to the player base in AAMC, 1 single submarine can sink an entire fleet if no destroyers are present to detect it.

• AARe needs to assign a few members PR roles. And send them to gorups like AAMC.
    This case of submarine rule misunderstanding is quite funny.

By the way the next AARHE release would be slimmed down to about 20 pages excluding optional rules like national advantages.

AARe is much more “portable” among player groups at just 11 pages.

• By the way the next AARHE release would be slimmed down to about 20 pages excluding optional rules like national advantages.

well actually an AARHE for Dummies is being prepared ( less than 6 pages of quickstart rules in outline mode)

• @Imperious:

By the way the next AARHE release would be slimmed down to about 20 pages excluding optional rules like national advantages.

well actually an AARHE for Dummies is being prepared ( less than 6 pages of quickstart rules in outline mode)

Since I know very little to nothing about A&AHE, I would be willing to take your ‘dummies’ document and see if I can play the game from there (or test whatever you want that document to do).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m