• I’ll go with the C10 Bomber. I’m courious to see what the fig D8 does for Germany on any allies invasions in France

• Here’s some pics of game after 4 turns. Also Charts showing the NA’s the Countries have (get to roll for 2 at beginning of each game) with Victory City’s and other Chart is the Tech each country has and there ICP totals. Went back to mostly normal piece values. Looks like a good show down in the Pacific.
    Invasion coming soon in Europe and Italy is gonna need to help.
    This game we got a bit more tech involved with good break thru die rolls and a couple free techs and 2 countries had there Spy’s steal tech but both steals didn’t really help that country but still an awesome event card to have in game. If at all possible have this in your game some how (Spy steals research papers for tech. You get 1 tech that the other side has. Your choice).

For us this game has a bit of everything and things at least change every game. The Tech is working out great so far. US has 4 research tokens and rolled 4 die last turn and didn’t get a break thru, but that is coming. Will they get a good tech and help win the game or get a useless one ? You roll 4  6’s you only get 1 tech roll for chart. Then you lose all tokens. US got a free research token at the wrong time. You want that when you don’t have any tokens.

image1(7).png
    image2(3).png

• Here’s the 2’ x 3’ magnetic charts showing what each country has in game and so far as tech.

Sorry for some glare, charts will be moved soon.

You got to go back 1 post to see game report and map pics.

image3.png
    image1(8).png

• The chart with the nations along with special abilities comes from what set of rules? I am not familiar with them.

• The NAs come from revised game with some modifications. That is the first chart.

• I will post final game report soon. But on turn 7 Japan took Calcutta and will see if Germany takes Moscow turn 8. I don’t see the Allies getting any VC’s back by end of turn 10 for keeping the Axis at 14 or less VC’s for an Allies win.

After 7 turns there’s 11 techs out there between the sides and nothing really throwing the game off. Japan does have -1 for each ground they buy and that has helped them in India with tanks. I can see why a Jap tank went to A5 instead of a 6.
    But Russia had same tech but got it to late in game.

So with the added Tech and NA’s with Event Cards and Generals game still seemed to go in that normal direction. Take Moscow and Calcutta. With the added Victory Points conditions this should change up the game even more.

I’m going to try for new victory conditions. I like the Victory Point system that BL E, Baron , Agr, and some of the others guys are discussing in the House rules section for the 42 game.

I can see where Germany doesn’t have to take Moscow or London to win. If it has to be tweaked so be it. If I need to add more City’s with points will see.

• Baron, or any body else.

These are my Victory city’s in game. I’m trying to make it where adding the Victory points to game to change up more of the game.

3 point Victory City’s
                                      Moscow    USSR
                                      Berlin        Ger
                                      London      UK
                                      Tokyo        Japan
                                       D.C.          US
                                       Rome      Italy

2 point Victory City’s
                                       Paris          Ger
                                       Leningrad  USSR
                                       Hawaii        US
                                       ShangHai    Japan
                                       Manilla        US
                                       S.F.              US

1 point Victory City’s
                                       Stalingrad        USSR
                                       Sydney            UK
                                       Oslo                  Ger
                                       Ottawa            UK
                                       Cairo                UK
                                       Johannesburg  UK
                                       Honk Kong        UK 
                                       Warsaw            Ger
                                       Calcutta          UK
                                       Peking              Japan
                                       Milan                Italy
                                       Changkhun      Japan
                                       Siagon            Japan

Allies have total points of 24  need 4 more points to win

Axis have total points of 19    need 9 to win.

28 points wins you the game.

I don’t want to add or take away any Victory City’s. Just trying to change the way the game goes some what. Now the axis may have to many points to get to win if US gets a good push in the Pacific. So I may have to lower there total points to win.

Any thoughts out there ?

• '17 '16

Can you marks each VCs on last post so it will be able to see on glance which is on which side?

• Ya I’ll edit it. Forgot.

• '17 '16

@SS:

Ya I’ll edit it. Forgot.

Thanks, it is still difficult to get the whole picture.
    Maybe if you portray it by ETO vs PTO with value in order and near VC, it will help make the count.
    Example:
    Value City side or power
    PTO Allies
    2 San Francisco US
    2 Hawaii US
    1 Calcutta UK
    1 Sydney UK

PTO Axis
    3 Tokyo Japan
    Calcutta worth only 1?

• PTO Allies
    3 Sydney
    2 Hawaii
    2 Calcutta
    1 Manilla
    1 L. A.
    1 Hong Kong

PTO Axis
    3 Tokyo
    2 Shanghai
    2 Peking
    1 Changkhun
    2 Saigon

ATO Allies
    3 Moscow
    3 London
    2 Washington
    2 Lengingrad
    2 Stalingrad
    1 Cairo
    1 Johannsburg

ATO Axis
    3 Berlin
    3 Rome
    3 Paris
    1 Oslo
    1 Milan
    1 Warsaw

The Allies start with 24 points and Axis with 22 points. First one to 30 points and holds for a turn wins the game.

• '17 '16

@SS:

PTO Allies
    2 Hawaii
    2 Manilla
    2 San Fran
    1 Honk Kong
    1 Sydney
    1 Calcutta�

PTO Axis
    3 Tokyo
    2 Shanghai
    1 Peking
    1 Changkhun
    1 Saigon

ATO Allies
    3 Moscow
    3 London
    3 Washington
    2 Lengingrad
    1 Stalingrad
    1 Ottawa
    1 Cairo
    1 Johannsburg

ATO Axis
    3 Berlin
    3 Rome
    2 Paris
    1 Oslo
    1 Milan
    1 Warsaw

Calcutta only worth 1. Want Japan to hold more of there city’s and still win the game without taking Calcutta every dam game. Also might make Japan go after Hawaii or Sydney more and sending less to Calcutta.

Here is a few combinations to make an Axis win without Center Crush on Russia:
    19 points + 4 ETO + 5 PTO = 28 PTs
    2 Leningrad
    1 Stalingrad
    1 Cairo

2 Hawaii
    2 Manilla
    1 Honk Kong
    or
    2 Manilla
    1 Honk Kong
    1 Sydney
    1 Calcutta

or 6 pts PTOs:
    2 Hawaii
    2 Manilla
    1 Honk Kong
    1 Sydney

and 3 pts amongst :
    2 Leningrad
    1 Stalingrad
    1 Cairo

Seems more easily able to grab more PTO VCs than ETOs.
    So Japan might have do the work to releave Germany from trying to get these 6 points + 19 = 25 points:
    3 Moscow
    2 Lengingrad
    1 Stalingrad

Here, I’m not sure if that works because technically a German KO on Russia means game over. But still 3 points short of winning.
    So, no matter the number of VC pts on PTO, it will be irrelevant. Unless Allies KJF is pushing hard toward Japan.

Don’t be shy on report. I will read it.

The actual Redesign VCs 40 list for G40 and 30 VCs list for 1942.2 is in part inspired by this one.

We added a few VCs within grasp of Germany to increase an Axis Victory.
    We didn’t set the number of VCs (1 point each) required per Theater or Globally.
    I suggested that this given number be kept at the end of the next game round to call the winning side.

• I have no problem with changing City point values if need be to get a more balanced on both sides or for countries sides. The need for 28 points to win can be lowered.
    I also want it where Germany doesn’t need to take Moscow to win. With pressure in Paris landings if any and Germany also needs to protect Oslo. Maybe losing Oslo will be enough for a Allies win and US getting good pressure in the Pacific. Like I mentioned in past post maybe axis needing 9 points to get to 28 might be to high. But I don’t see that happening yet with to much US pressure in Pacific.
    Have to play test it.

Another question is how many turns do we need to play in game before it gets to long ? I still like it to be a 10 turn game max.

I will post results soon.

• Here’s the game on turn 8 with Japan going next. Moscow defended well after Germany went for the kill. Allies now are pounding Paris with combined attacks. Japan pretty much set for last 3 turns for them. Game only goes 10 turns and Axis need to hold 15 victory city’s at end of turn 10. So it will come down to Germany holding Paris, Leningrad and Stalingrad for 2 more turns to win game without taking Moscow.

Tech chart shows how many techs are in game so far. This test for tech is working out very good.

image2(5).png

• Here’ s the maps. Axis has 15 victory city’s now. Next game we will test the Victory City point system.

Italy not on map do to a spill of water on map. Off to side for cleanup.

image3(1).png
    image1(8).png

• @Baron:

@SS:

PTO Allies
    2 Hawaii
    2 Manilla
    2 L. A.
    1 Honk Kong
    1 Sydney
    1 Calcutta�

PTO Axis
    3 Tokyo
    2 Shanghai
    1 Peking
    1 Changkhun
    1 Saigon

ATO Allies
    3 Moscow
    3 London
    3 Washington
    2 Lengingrad
    2 Stalingrad

1 Cairo
    1 Johannsburg

ATO Axis
    3 Berlin
    3 Rome
    2 Paris
    1 Oslo
    1 Milan
    1 Warsaw

Calcutta only worth 1. Want Japan to hold more of there city’s and still win the game without taking Calcutta every dam game. Also might make Japan go after Hawaii or Sydney more and sending less to Calcutta.

Here is a few combinations to make an Axis win without Center Crush on Russia:
    19 points + 4 ETO + 5 PTO = 28 PTs
    2 Leningrad
    1 Stalingrad
    1 Cairo

2 Hawaii
    2 Manilla
    1 Honk Kong
    or
    2 Manilla
    1 Honk Kong
    1 Sydney
    1 Calcutta

or 6 pts PTOs:
    2 Hawaii
    2 Manilla
    1 Honk Kong
    1 Sydney

and 3 pts amongst :
    2 Leningrad
    1 Stalingrad
    1 Cairo

Seems more easily able to grab more PTO VCs than ETOs.
    So Japan might have do the work to releave Germany from trying to get these 6 points + 19 = 25 points:
    3 Moscow
    2 Lengingrad
    1 Stalingrad

Here, I’m not sure if that works because technically a German KO on Russia means game over. But still 3 points short of winning.
    So, no matter the number of VC pts on PTO, it will be irrelevant. Unless Allies KJF is pushing hard toward Japan.

Don’t be shy on report. I will read it.

The actual Redesign VCs 40 list for G40 and 30 VCs list for 1942.2 is in part inspired by this one.

We added a few VCs within grasp of Germany to increase an Axis Victory.
    We didn’t set the number of VCs (1 point each) required per Theater or Globally.
    I suggested that this given number be kept at the end of the next game round to call the winning side.

Baron. I made Stalingrad worth 2 points. I removed Ottawa. Drop the axis to starting with 19 points and need 8 to win = 27 points. Allies start with 24 and need 6 to win =  30 points.

Whats your thoughts on this and do you have any tweaks if need be. Playing test game Saturday at noon.

• '17 '16

Numbers are not clear and easy to remember. I would have rise Axis to 20 points.
    So, it needs 28 pts vs 30 pts.

Even more, maybe it is possible to reach 22 pts for Axis?
    That way, the game becomes the first to reach 30 points.
    Like making Ploesti oil field (Bucharest) Hungary-Romania 3 points.
    Or, make it 2 pts (Ploesti is Romania, precisely) and add Truk in Carolines Island 1 point to reach 22 points.

I agree that Ottawa is too much out of reach for Axis.

Have a nice and funny game.

• I need this to work with the victory city’s I have on list. That is what I’m going for.

• '17 '16

@SS:

I need this to work with the victory city’s I have on list. That is what I’m going for.

OK, then maybe increase to 20 for Axis.
    For instance, makes Paris worth 3 points.

To rise to 22 points, maybe increase Saigon and Peking by one point?

Just a way to make the magic number for Victory as similar as possible for both Axis or Allies.
    30 points seems a well rounded number.

But 28 can probably be possible.
    Rise Axis to 20, lower Allies to 22.
    But this way seems to be more difficult.

• Yes my thoughts on Paris . Ok will check out the other 2
    Thank you

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m