Just How Old Are We Axis and Allies Players?

• TripleA '12

Moderators, can this topic please be moved to a more relevant section of the forum? Thanks.

• Customizer

Guys,

––A very entertaining thread, with lots of good stories.
    ----Could you please change the responses to include 1(one) player over 80. My Dad, a WWII vet, pictured at left, is 88 and plays A&A with us almost every week-end. Thanks.

“Tall Paul”

• '12

I’m 33 now, and probably played my first game in high school back in 1993. We played Classic often during school, then stopped 'til I was in university in the early 2001. At that point I convinced a roommate we should split a copy, and when we’d move on (as uni roommates do) we’d have a match and whoever won would get to keep the game.

Of course, his awful girlfriend moved in (without any discussion with the rest of us) and the place turned into a hornet’s nest. That house championship game never happened, but I’m pretty sure I would’ve won it. The roommate forgot the game and I came out of the mess one copy of Classic richer.

When I moved to Montreal two years ago, my priority was to get a playing group going as quickly as possible. Now, we play a full table of six every month or so. Game night, 20 years later, is still my favourite night of the month.

Yrs.,
    R.

• Started playing back in 84 when Milton Bradley came out with the Gamemaster series……Conquest of the Empire and Fortress America were in that group but we strictly just play A&A these days

• Customizer

@Tall:

Guys,

----Could you please change the responses to include 1(one) player over 80. My Dad, a WWII vet, pictured at left, is 88 and plays A&A with us almost every week-end. Thanks.

“Tall Paul”

• Played Classic in early 90’s, not sure exactly what year but we beat the crap out of that game.  Bought Europe in '99 and played both in college. Bought Pacific in '01 and played it in college.  Joined tha Navy and took a 5 year hiatus from 2003-2008.  Played Revised/AA50 until 1940 came out.

• i even played in Baghdad Iraq during Op. Iraqi Freedom(Anniversary Edition) 56th Stryker Bgde attached to the Big Red One(2008-2009)

• Customizer

@Tall:

Guys,

----**Could you please change the responses to include 1(one) player over 80. My Dad, a WWII vet, pictured at left, is 88 and plays A&A with us almost every week-end. Thanks.

“Tall Paul”**

• Tall Paul -
    I suggest you make a new account, and vote for 80+ for your Dad.

• Customizer

Gamerman01,

@Gamerman01:

Tall Paul -
    I suggest you make a new account, and vote for 80+ for your Dad.

––Thanks for your suggestion. Although it’s a good one, I’m not that type of person. If someone starts a “polling” thread and doesn’t care enough to maintain it,…it’s not my problem. I simply loose some respect for them. It’s no biggie, I just thought some players might think it’d be interesting to know about a WWII vet who plays A&A regularly. Everyone have a good day.

“Tall Paul”

• I for one, definitely find that interesting.

• Customizer

Gamerman01,

––That’s a photo of my Dad in the left column just before the “Battle of the Bulge” broke out. He’s full of stories, even wrote them up in a series of articles and now is combining them in a book form for publishing one day soon, hopefully.

“Tall Paul”

• Words can’t express how much we should appreciate heroes like him

• Customizer

Gamerman01,

––I know exactly how my Dad would reply to that. He’d say he wasn’t a hero,…but he knew a lot of 'em. He only did his duty. I’ve heard that many times.

“Tall Paul”

• Tall Paul,
    Let me know when that book comes out I would like to purchase one. An autographed one would be even better!!
    When my Grandmother died and my Dad was sorting out stuff he came across an old Brownie camera that was his uncles and he was a photo journalist during WWII and the pictures are in great condition.
    I know your Dad doesnt know me but tell I said THANKS for doing his duty  and I take my hat off to him.
    Good luck gaming
    Suprise Attack

• Sponsor

@ABWorsham:

Wow, this poll is old. I have changed demographics of the poll, from the 20’s to the 30’s.

Me too, 39>40.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Wow… I remember when this poll came out.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m