People getting worse, or am I actually getting better?

• @Imperious:

Jargon:

Low Luck is basically adding all attack or defense divide by 6= hits per round, fractions roll out so if you got 20, then you got 3 hits and you roll a 4th die with another hit on 2 or less.

So then what is “Territory Turn Limit”

LT

• Edit: err, nevermind ~ZP

• TTL, territory turn limit means that the maximum amount of damage done by each SBR attack, is same as the ipc value of the territory.

• As a player that has not played 2nd edition, I can speak little on this subject.  :x

I’m lucky if I can find enough players once a year to play.  :?

• post in players wanted section. or start a meetup.com group in your area. Find a hobby/game store and arrange the members to play one sat each month during store hours.

• I still favor a PAf bid over a PE bid. With PE you kinda need to win quick, because you pretty much neglect Africa and leave Japan in a hole. In my experience PE bid games are most of the time short games, where either the Allies keep Russia, or the Axis takes Russia. Those concepts will happen after 3-4 rounds finishing the game and leaves either the Axis or the Allies fight in a lost position.

The difficulty with a PAf bid of 21 is that you will have 6 inf and 1 arm in Lib. You attack Egypt and in a low luck game you will 5 inf + arm remaining if lady luck favor you. The hard part about this is that the UK will almost suicide with 3 inf, 1 fig and 1 bomb on egypt and with a little luck leave the axis with 1 arm or 1 arm and 1 inf screwing over your whole PAf bid… If you use 2 inf from SEu to fortify Egypt you will have a hard time in Europe and if you put an extra inf in Lib from manch (from the bid) you will have a chance that Russia and England will go for it setting you back a lot…

Its a long time ago I discussed strats for 2nd ed A&A, but still fun.

• @Cmdr:

I don’t understand how Power Africa negates the ability of Kwangbang.  To be honest, unless Japan gets 6 IPC of the bid (1 Infantry for Manchuria and 1 Infantry for Kwangtung) I don’t see much that would stop the allies from attacking those territories.  Far better to destroy the Japanese fighter in Manchuria then cower in Yakut, I believe.

Why would you want to spread those two inf? If the allies can’t take both its not worth it… So if you have 5 inf, 1 arm and 1 fig vs 5(I don’t remember if it was 5 or 6), 1 arm and 1 fig… You won’t get the jap fig, but accomplish that Japan can easily walk through Asia and if you take kwantung (Germany will get a huge IPC boost, because they can hold Africa so much longer), you won’t really set back the Japanese…

Btw a PAs bid should be around 32 to make the game interesting…

• I will have to play a game of classic as well. Interesting to see my skills since I havent played that in like 10 years.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Bashir:

@Cmdr:

I don’t understand how Power Africa negates the ability of Kwangbang.  To be honest, unless Japan gets 6 IPC of the bid (1 Infantry for Manchuria and 1 Infantry for Kwangtung) I don’t see much that would stop the allies from attacking those territories.  Far better to destroy the Japanese fighter in Manchuria then cower in Yakut, I believe.

Why would you want to spread those two inf? If the allies can’t take both its not worth it… So if you have 5 inf, 1 arm and 1 fig vs 5(I don’t remember if it was 5 or 6), 1 arm and 1 fig… You won’t get the jap fig, but accomplish that Japan can easily walk through Asia and if you take kwantung (Germany will get a huge IPC boost, because they can hold Africa so much longer), you won’t really set back the Japanese…

Btw a PAs bid should be around 32 to make the game interesting…

Then you used the wrong term.  PA = Power AFRICA.  PJ or something should be Power Japan which then yes, if you waste 2 or 3 infantry from the bid in Manchuria (which means Germany is probably putting 3 or 4 infantry into Africa then) there is no point to a Kwangbang.

• In a Pafr bid(around 21-24), there usually goes 1-2 inf of the bid to Manch. And you are correct, a PowerAsia bid should be around 32…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m