• I have to say first that A&A BOTB is a great game. It adds new and exciting things to this line of great games. I have only the opportunity to play two games but look forward to many more. One of the things I like about the game is the supply part of it. It adds a lot of strategy. The one thing I feel that is a little awkward about it is that in my experiences so far it seems like there is never a time where the Axis would run out. If you get nine fuel every turn it just seems like even if I attack with every hex every turn I am stockpiling the stuff. There seems to me no great urgency to capture much of the allies fuel through the game. Does anyone else feel the Axis and maybe the Allies get too much fuel per turn?

• On the first turn you should be close to running out of supplies. You should attack every allied hex and move every hex of units. That alone would use nearly all of your tokens.

• I have only played one game so far, my set came Wed, but supply is certainly going to be an issue for the Axis. I think you will have to start burning 2 tokens a turn for the extra move for a lot of your tanks. Also paying the one to blitz from off board during reinforcement. When the Allies start sortieing (sp?) aircraft you are in trouble if they go after your supplies. I only didn’t use all of the supply tokens first turn becasue I didn’t move all of my units becasue the Allies held the line in a couple of spots.

• Founder TripleA Admin

After a few games you’ll see how Germany can suffer if they don’t capture Allied supplies.

• @frimmel:

I have only played one game so far, my set came Wed, but supply is certainly going to be an issue for the Axis. I think you will have to start burning 2 tokens a turn for the extra move for a lot of your tanks. Also paying the one to blitz from off board during reinforcement. When the Allies start sortieing (sp?) aircraft you are in trouble if they go after your supplies. I only didn’t use all of the supply tokens first turn becasue I didn’t move all of my units becasue the Allies held the line in a couple of spots.

Also paying the one to blitz from off board during reinforcement

What do you mean by that? Do you mean in the begining of the game? A few rounds in the front is so far west that an extra hex makes no difference. Or do I understand you wrong?

• only trucks and planes can move offboard. tanks cannot.

• @Kristofer:

Also paying the one to blitz from off board during reinforcement

What do you mean by that? Do you mean in the begining of the game? A few rounds in the front is so far west that an extra hex makes no difference. Or do I understand you wrong?

I mean say you bring a tank reinforcement in on a road hex. You use the road to move near the front but it needs to battle in a hex that isn’t on that road. If you pay a supply token “offboard” you can get the extra hex move “offroad.” Also if you pay that supply to your reinforcement you can get an extra hex after you are stopped by an enemy ZOC.

I wasn’t trying to suggest that a tank can be moved off the board. I was misprecise.

I also think that extra hex can be very big as it could cut off an Allied retreat and units that can’t retreat to a hex not in your ZOC are destroyed. It brings the peril of running you too far ahead of your own supplies but that is the sort of decision that makes the game fun. My last game I used all but two of the initial supply tokens (the ones on the board at setup) first turn.

• The Allies seem to lose in most of the Games I’ve played.  Opps wrong topic.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m