• when i try to post one of my turns i get an error saying my user does not exist?

• @plasmaboy I have moved your topic to the TripleA support forum.

Have you entered your forum login and forum password here:
    login.PNG ?

• yes i use that to run my half sent to me, i login there with my password and i am able to play my nations turn but when i post the results i get an error that says “text: cheesewarrior does exist”

• @plasmaboy So where do i go to resolve this? is there a help chat?

• @plasmaboy Who is “cheesewarior” ?

Please describe in detail what you actually are doing right after starting the game:
    start.PNG

So what are you doing from here (step by step)?

• let me start from the beginning. I am playing somebody. he sends his tun to me. i open it and scroll down to the saved game link . click on it, that brings up our game and i “open” it, which launches me to this screen, So i click on the pbem button. enter my username"cheesewarrior" tab to password, enter that. as soon as i complete my password. the play button for the game is enabled. i hit that it launches the game. to the last point of play from his turn. i click on done it proceeds to my nations turn. i run my turn. and then click on the post email button. that’s when i get the error message .i click to see the details. and it says Text cheesewarrior does not exist. so it never sends my turn. i end up saving the game. and send by regular email to send my saved games file as a attachment.

• @plasmaboy You need to enter your axisandallies .org forum name and forum password into the dialogue represented by the first screenshot I posted above to be able to post in this forum.
    Your forum name is plasmaboy and the password is the one you enter for plasmaboy to access the forum.
    This forum does not have a user with the username “cheesewarrior”. So this is why you get that error.

I have just noticed that there is a user “cheesewarrior” at triplea-game .org.
    Is that you? You can’t use that account here at axisandallies .org.

HTH :slightly_smiling_face:

• thank you i hope this works i will find out as soon as i need to send my next turn.

• @Panther I think we have discovered my problem then. After our last session and you instructions. Iran one of my turns and posted it successfully with the PBEM method. However my next turn went back to the same problem ,only it said Plasmaboy does not exist. So can you please remove the account of mine under my username name at Triplea?

• @plasmaboy Please take a look at the very first screenshot again.
    When you select “Post to forum” as www.axisandallies.org/forums, you need to login with plasmaboy.
    When you select “Post to forum” as forums.triplea-game.org you need to login with with cheesewarrior.

So it depends on which forum you want to post.
    Removing an account name would mean to remove the account from the respective forum. Not from TripleA!

In TripleA you simply need to make sure that the forum name corresponds with the forum you selected for posting in the above mentioned dialogue.

• hence my confusion. when i receive an email , and click on the save game button. and i open the game file that is loaded as a attachment. Am i playing that round in axis or Triplea? i guess my confusion is am i how i am able to run my turn logged into axis on the triplea a site I totally confused old guy ! why do we need to run this on separate forums? so if i launch in axis when am done i need to post my reply in Triplea?

• @plasmaboy It all depends on where you and your opponent play your game.

• When you want to play on triplea-game .org you select that in the PBF settings and you need your username cheesewarrior.
    • When you want toplay on axisandallies .org you need to select that one in the PBF settings and you need your username plasmaboy.

The TripleA software just supports both forums. You and your opponent decide which one to use.
    axisandallies .org and triplea-game .org are different websites.

You can play different games on different forums. But once you decided for either site for a game you continue that game there. Also not everyone has an account on both of the forums.

So in case you have ongoing games in both forums be sure that the PBF settings are correct when loading a savegame. That means load the savegame, klick on “Start PBEM (Play-By-Email/Forum) Game” (see the second screenshot above). This will open the PBF settings (see first screenshot). Check if the settings are correct - and adjust them if necessary.

And by the way: You don’t need to be logged in to any forum before starting the TripleA software. Actually what the software does is

1. login to the specific forum you have chosen in the PBF settings with your respective forum account
    2. post the move

All of this is determined by the details you enter in the PBF settings.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m