Marti Dice Roller notifications

• Hi,

I just started playing a Forum game and got a message that the MARTI Dice Roller could not connect, because my emailaddress wasn’t registered. So I went on to register my emailaddress, but now I get notifications of litteraly every dice throw which has never happened before… How can I go back to playing the forum game with a working diceroller but without the continuous emails of every die thrown?

• @hansworst:

Hi,

I just started playing a Forum game and got a message that the MARTI Dice Roller could not connect, because my emailaddress wasn’t registered. So I went on to register my emailaddress, but now I get notifications of litteraly every dice throw which has never happened before… How can I go back to playing the forum game with a working diceroller but without the continuous emails of every die thrown?

The purpose of the external dice server is to send the result of every die thrown by mail. This is the only way to prevent from possible cheating.
    There has never been a dice-server-wise setting to filter the emails sent. That would contradict the purpose.

So if in the past you did not receive mails with the dice results despite using the external dice server, there must have been something wrong. Maybe a typo with your email-address or a wrong setting in TripleA.

The way it works now is the expected behaviour.

However you can use your email-program or email-web-interface (don’t know what you are using) to filter the incoming mails according to your needs.
    Or use a different email-address if you don’t want your regular inbox becoming flooded.

HTH :-)

• Thanks for the answer :)

I guess we’ve been playing without the external diceserver all this time then. As I’m playing with people I know, I guess I won’t need the external one. Everything makes sense now.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Marti is rigged though.  Fake news.

• You can register with MARTI but omit your email address fro the triple A game set up. However, triple A needs (I think) a minimum of 2 email addresses (To and Copy) so this will only work for you if there are at least 2 other players in your game.

Of course you will also have options in your email set up. All my MARTI emails go direct to junk. There may also be an option of blocking them I guess.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m