Does anyone leave Paris for G2?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Well?

Do you take Paris G1?

Or do you wait until G2?

• '14

You can leave Paris for G2….IF you destroy the UK navy. If the UK still has a navy near Great Britain they can ferry troops to reinforce France. If you take out the Navy then France is stuck on G2 with no reinforcements.  So, if you wait to take Paris you better make sure UK navy is destroyed!  I know from experience!!  LOL

• I also always take it G1 to bring Italy into the mix.  Why have an ally just sit out for the entire first turn.  The Italian navy is far too good not to put right to use.

• We have dropped Paris on G1 in the games Ive played. We also kill the UK navy in the 2nd impulse so ground reinforcements wouldn’t be too many. I guess you could leave Paris for G2, but the UK can drop some air and use the bmr to transport an inf over. The French could NCM the units in from the coast, and I think they have a transport that the Brits could use (don’t have set-up with me). Would be interesting to see how it plays out.

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

I usually go after them turn 1 but have waited until turn 2 once or twice. I did not loose the game because of waiting. This being said, doing it turn 1 is best in my opinion.

• I cannot see the utility of taking France G2.  Even if France during F1 manages to recapture Reimes, its income will be at best 20 IPC (and that would be a disaster).  With a French purchase of 10 IPC worth of units in F1, all of which defend better than Germany’s attacking mech, artillery, and infantry, Germany stands to lose more in units than 10 IPC’s worth when it finally takes Paris.  And the potential destruction of the remaining German fleet off the coast of England or in the Baltic Sea by the French fleet off of Normandy is a distinct possibility.

So, simple math.  Paris falls G1, Germany plunders 10 IPC.  Paris falls G2, Germany plunders up to 20 IPC (likely 18 or little as 15 if Marseilles or Burgundy falls in the 2nd impulse), but faces 10 IPC’s more resistance.

I vote for Paris falling Turn 1. :mrgreen:

• '14

Remember that France starts the game with 0 IPC’s. So on F1 they can not purchase any units, then collect 20 IPC’s! If paris does not fall G2 the Germany is definetly in trouble!

• Tigerman,

I just looked up version 5.0 setup dated November 3, 2012, and it shows France with a starting IPC of 10.  Is there a more recent set-up I am not aware of?

:?

Yea, this 0 IPC start is news to me?

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

Me too. Just looked at the most recent set-up and it shows France with 10 IPC.

Hmm there are now a few items Tigerman has mentioned that he does, that seem different to the rest of us!

CLEARLY he is holding out on us! Give us 5.2! C’mon!

• '14

OK, so France does get 10 IPC’s as starting income. My bad…In the origional rules I had France starting at 0 IPC’s just to make sure that Paris would fall even if Germany had very bad battle outcomes. If it has been changed it was to make Germany go after Paris on G1. Sorry for the confusion!

Oh, so it IS ludicrous to take Paris G2? LOL…

• Bad dice should be the only reason to take France on G2. Although,  if you failed to take out Paris like a chump,  you should probably just flip the board and start over.

• '14

If you dont take France G1 and UK is able to reinforce……your only option is to attack Russia and get Italy into the game to help take France.  EVEN THEN there is a 50/50 that will not work. Believe me I know.  France is a formidable opponent when backed by the UK.

You must destroy half of the UK Navy and take Paris at least by F2f or its an allied victory!

• The only time I have put of Paris was not attacking the west at all. If that is the case, can the US attack Germany from French territory if France is only at war with Japan?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m