• Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this game (and on this forum) and I have a question about basic combat. One thing that is’nt clearly axplained in the manual (for me).

Let’s say I am the attacker with 2 tanks and my opponent has 3 infantery units. I place them on the card. Here are my questions:

(1) how many dices can I roll with?
    (2) how many dices can my opponent roll with?
    (3) If I throw a 3 and a 5 how many untis does the opponent remove?
    (4) If my opponent rolls a 1, do I have to remove 1 tank?
    (5) How about the damaged units? I understand that they can defend also and how does it works?

These are basic combat rules, but I find that the manual is not that clear (could be me also  :-D)
    Thanks in advance for helping me.

Greetz,

General Li

• @General:

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this game (and on this forum) and I have a question about basic combat. One thing that is’nt clearly axplained in the manual (for me).

Let’s say I am the attacker with 2 tanks and my opponent has 3 infantery units. I place them on the card. Here are my questions:

(1) how many dices can I roll with?
    (2) how many dices can my opponent roll with?
    (3) If I throw a 3 and a 5 how many untis does the opponent remove?
    (4) If my opponent rolls a 1, do I have to remove 1 tank?
    (5) How about the damaged units? I understand that they can defend also and how does it works?

These are basic combat rules, but I find that the manual is not that clear (could be me also  :-D)
    Thanks in advance for helping me.

Greetz,

General Li

Hello General Li and welcome to the forum.

(1) You attack with 2 tanks, so you roll 2 dice, that is one die per unit.
    (2) The defender defends with three infantry, so he rolls 3 dice (one per unit)
    (3) Tanks hit on a three or lower, so the defender chooses one unit as casualty (it gets to fire back, so it is not immediately removed)
    (4) Correct.
    (5) In your example your tanks score one hit. The defender places one Infantry in the casualty zone. This unit fires back together with the other two defending Infantries. That is three dice for three units. Attacker and Defender remove their casualties after that.

HTH, don’t hesitate to ask if you have further questions.

:-)

• Thanx for your quick response.

In addition to my former question (I am still new to the game), if my opponent has for instance also a tank besides infantry units, do I have to choose beforehand what unit to attack? Or how is to decide what I will hit with my roll?

thanx again in advance

greetz,

General Li

• @General:

Thanx for your quick response.

In addition to my former question (I am still new to the game), if my opponent has for instance also a tank besides infantry units, do I have to choose beforehand what unit to attack? Or how is to decide what I will hit with my roll?

thanx again in advance

greetz,

General Li

It is always the opponent who chooses the casualties. In your example if you score one hit, your opponent chooses what unit he will loose, so either the tank or an infantry.

• ok, thanx again.

greetz

• And just to be clear:

1 hit = 1 unit gone?

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Correct. For each hit you get, your opponent must select one unit to become a casualty.

For each hit your opponent gets, you must select one unit to become a casualty.

Marsh

• Thanx.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m