• Founder TripleA Admin

Some sort of zombie scenario might be amusing to play.

I’m not sure how you would represent that you can’t kill them until you smack them in the head. Higher defense at longer ranges? 5-4-3? 6-5-4?

• Undead SA “When attacked at ranges 1 or more this unit suffers one less hit from each attack. Units with the Flamethrower SA may ignore this.” or even simply “This unit ignores the first his from each attack. Units with Flamethrower or Hand to Hand (possibly Close Assault if you wanted) ignore this.” Though this does make them VERY tough.  I suppose it all depends on what kind of zombie you want.

Or how about: Zombie X “When attacked at medium or long range this unit gets +X defence” (+2, +3, whatever depending on the type of Zombie)

• Actually, I’ve already made up all the RE4 unit stats, you can use anything from RE4. (Note: RE4 has no zombies, there are ganados, people with parasites controlling them, big difference)

Villager (Ganado)

Cost:2

Speed:1

Defense:3/3

Infantry:7/5/-

Large Monster/vehicle:2/-/-

Plaga:When this unit is destroyed, roll a die. If a 5 or 6 place a plaga unit in this unit’s hex.

Command Dependent(I tweaked this ability): This unit can’t move unless a friendly commander is on the field.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I just had another thought about zombies rules. They are fairly mindless and predictable so it should be fairly easy to create solitaire rules for zombies.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Another possible Special Ability:

Infectious: Infantry units that are disrupted by this unit must roll 2 or higher or immediately become a zombie. Infantry units that are distroyed by this unit must roll 4 or higher or immediately become a zombie.

• @djensen:

I just had another thought about zombies rules. They are fairly mindless and predictable so it should be fairly easy to create solitaire rules for zombies.

Initiative Modifier -1? ;)

With the fortifications and such now it could be interesting… set up your base of operations and have the zombie horde attack.

• How bout giant ants? just like that movie “them!”  you can have the hive and baby larve ants running off the production line and you have to find the right hole to get at the queen ants chanber. It would be easier to model the ants behavior because after all ants are real!

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Der:

@djensen:

Initiative Modifier -1? ;)

With the fortifications and such now it could be interesting… set up your base of operations and have the zombie horde attack.

Actually, I was thinking that the zombies get -12 on their roll or something. They basically never win initiative and get to choose if they go first. They’re usually quite slow and i you’re paying attention you can see them coming. ;-)

• I like Imperious Leaders Idea with the ant wars thing, as do I love the movie them especially once the army starts flamethrowering the giant ants

A few nights ago I saw this show on the national geographic channel called insect wars,
    it showed this bee hive being slaughtered by an evil horde of hornets
    However a few hornets were downed when the bees swarmed all around them making a huge ball of bees which heated the center some much it killed the hornet.

It showed this horde of ants that attack a termite cave
    The termites had made small opening when designing their home so when the ants broke threw the entrances the termites could force the ants in to a bottle neck
    this worked! and so eventually the ants were force to retreat and fight another day.
          it appears insects have great military minds, however, even though the termites did win, I saw one flaw in their defence, they put the warrior termites on the outside of the caves ware they were swarmed by the ants and killed easily and only buying the termites inside the cave a little amount of time. If I were the termite queen I would place a few worker termites ways off from the caves to act a recon termites and report any ant movements, then instead of placing the warrior ants on the outside I would place them at the bottle necks so the ants are forced to fight my best troops and so I would not lose so many worker ants.

Wow , did I just right a paragraph on termite military doctrine, i need some sleep

• @Emperor_Taiki:

I like Imperious Leaders Idea with the ant wars thing, as do I love the movie them especially once the army starts flamethrowering the giant ants

A few nights ago I saw this show on the national geographic channel called insect wars,
    it showed this bee hive being slaughtered by an evil horde of hornets
    However a few hornets were downed when the bees swarmed all around them making a huge ball of bees which heated the center some much it killed the hornet.

It showed this horde of ants that attack a termite cave
    The termites had made small opening when designing their home so when the ants broke threw the entrances the termites could force the ants in to a bottle neck
    this worked! and so eventually the ants were force to retreat and fight another day.
          it appears insects have great military minds, however, even though the termites did win, I saw one flaw in their defence, they put the warrior termites on the outside of the caves ware they were swarmed by the ants and killed easily and only buying the termites inside the cave a little amount of time. If I were the termite queen I would place a few worker termites ways off from the caves to act a recon termites and report any ant movements, then instead of placing the warrior ants on the outside I would place them at the bottle necks so the ants are forced to fight my best troops and so I would not lose so many worker ants.

Wow , did I just right a paragraph on termite military doctrine, i need some sleep

I was rather shocked when the ant leader purchased an aircraft carrier. This was what ultimately led to the termite victory.

Squirecam

• lol

• I’m looking for a Halloween themed A&AM article for the August edition of Knowledge Arcana - so far the zombie idea seems half decent if anyone would like to… flesh it out.

• Oh this so reminds me of the movie about the US and German units that where turned into zombies, it was a b movie from the '80s and I can’t remember the title…

• Founder TripleA Admin

Yeah, I completely lost track of this idea. I’ll need to start working on it again.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m