Nominations for A&A Europe Strategies

• According to the rules Germany is not allowed to place units in Lybia

• Ahh haa
    Thanks for letting me know about that rule, we forgot to read that there has to be one unit on an occupied zone at the start of the game. Hence my attack from lybia with the extra 4 troops and the tank blitz is no longer viable…

I shall have to think up another deadly first stike in africa the, as i still believe that the oil money is very important for a german win…

How about a transport off the coast of tunisia to start with? is that still premittable?

• You still can put 4 inf in Tunisia, but British could put a couple too (at least two are needed in Leningrad). África is tricky, remember USSR can send a couple units too by Iran and still resist German attack in her homelands.

• that is why i buy an additional transport in the med with the 12 ipc. the 4 remaining ipcs are useful for an art in poland. this way you will see the allies spending their money on russia.
    on the long run with 2 trans i will have more troops to go for the oil than i would with a placement of 4 inf in algeria. up to 4 units reinforcements are sufficient even to open another front that threatens the soviet southern flank on turn 4-6.

• Mine….conctrate your ger air and navy to the Us and UK, while your land units in the SU.

Anther is to basically go all out on the SU, if it’s taken out, then theres not much of a worry for ground units, then go to the atl

• TripleA

OOB Europe?

There are two main strategies one is the sea lion strategy and the other is a quick russia strategy. What you do after is up to you.

Taking london is always roughly 80% -95%. It is easy. Then you can go operation convoy america out of the game. Not exactly hard. You could make a fast swap to do barb and just hold london as long as possible with 3 inf a round going down.

Italy should eventually get going with uk out of the mix.

The heavy barb strategy is not too difficult either. eventually you can bomberman russia down to nothing. it does help to get italy going in the med as well.
    ~
    the opener depends if you are playing with or without scramble rules etc.

~

Unless you are specific about which set of rules you are playing with it is difficult to give you a specific opener strategy.

Europe OOB has no scramble action so it is easy to blast everything. G1’s naval purchase is a bit different since you have to worry about 1-2 dd 1 carrier 3 fighter 1 tactical. so you would need to buy carrier dd sub off the bat rather than carrier 2 transport or something to that effect.

• @Cow:

OOB Europe?

There are two main strategies one is the sea lion strategy and the other is a quick russia strategy. What you do after is up to you.

Taking london is always roughly 80% -95%. It is easy. Then you can go operation convoy america out of the game. Not exactly hard. You could make a fast swap to do barb and just hold london as long as possible with 3 inf a round going down.

Italy should eventually get going with uk out of the mix.

The heavy barb strategy is not too difficult either. eventually you can bomberman russia down to nothing. it does help to get italy going in the med as well.
    ~
    the opener depends if you are playing with or without scramble rules etc.

~

Unless you are specific about which set of rules you are playing with it is difficult to give you a specific opener strategy.

Europe OOB has no scramble action so it is easy to blast everything. G1’s naval purchase is a bit different since you have to worry about 1-2 dd 1 carrier 3 fighter 1 tactical. so you would need to buy carrier dd sub off the bat rather than carrier 2 transport or something to that effect.

wrong gameforum. this forum has died quite a long time ago…

• I am playing tomorrow with my new A&A friend. Thought I would lend it to him to get more players in London. He has bought 1941, after playing Anniversary twice and BofB and D-Day.
    We will have 4 hours,  so though we could give this a good run.

• I had a game of this weekend past there and really enjoyed it. Was good fun and made a change from Global, Allied victory btw.

• This game got me back in to A&A when it came out in 99.
    Always liked it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m