• “I don’t like that guy.  If he was drowning and needed my help, I’d throw him a cinder-block.”  :evil:

• @AgentOrange:

"I don’t like that guy.  If he was drowning and needed my help, I’d throw him a cinder-block."  :evil:

“i wouldn’t pee on him if he was on fire”

• Ha!  That’s the spirit!  :lol:

• Not to bust your bubble, just correcting terminology.  You had a Nomination to USAFA, which means you had the listing from a politician.  In order to get an appointment, you have to fill out the application, go through a lot of screening, especially medical.  Then if you pass the screening AND if you get a nomination, you move on to final review for an appointment.

yea, used the wrong term. sorry. i had a nomination to USAFA, and i had passed DODMERB, I hadnt yet taken my physical test as part of my application, but i met all the minimum requirements.

• What happened to putting down your favorite quotes?

Here’s another one from yet another Navy buddy of mine:

“You know that show Pimp My Ride?  Well you need to be on the show Pimp My Life.”

• my old Sargent used to say a lot of weird things. after i good day of terrorist hunting he would start yelling “woooo hot damn i haven’t had this much fun since i pulled down your mamma’s pants ripped off her grandma undies and turned her butt into a hat!” he was a weird guy, he also always like to tell me that i was the wolf in the sheep’s skin (i look like a total loser pussy, but i was among the best hand to hand and marksmen in my unit)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

The Infantryman’s Creed (United States Army, of course)

I am the Infantry.
    I am my country’s strength in war,
    her deterrent in peace.
    I am the heart of the fight-
    wherever, whenever.
    I carry America’s faith and honor
    against her enemies.
    I am the Queen of Battle.

I put the whole first stanza in only so you knew I wasn’t making this up!  Also, and maybe this should be in the joke thread, but that’s inconvenient right now:

What is the root word of infantry again?  That’s right!  INFANT!!!  Sorry, I like picking on gropos (ground pounders.)  It’s payback for being picked on as a zoomie!

• I’ve also heard of Marines being referred to as “Crunchies”  :mrgreen:

• you can have all the air force and navy you want, you cant capture a grass hut without at least one ground pounder.

If your target is overseas??? I haven’t heard of our boys walking on water…

• it doesnt matter where your fighting, you cant capture squat without the marines. :mrgreen:

• My
    Ass
    Rides
    In
    Navy
    Equipment

• My
    Ass
    Rides
    In
    Navy
    Equipment
    Sir!

• :x can  we get back to the original topic you Corp haters? :x

• Exactly! you would think this was a discussion about earths gravity or something… :mrgreen:

• “Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world”
    Kaiser Wilhelm- one of my personal heros

• which one ?

• Actually their both my heros but the quote came from his "GRAND"son. Yes even though he really didnt get germany in its “day under the sun” and  fired Bismarck… I love his aloofness and imperious attitude.The simple things in life never swayed him … except yachting!  His granddaddy was really the one who set up the empire along with Bismarck and is probably a much better leader but i just like his sons attitude of life.

• @Imperious:

Today is the day when General Tony McAuliffe announced to the German commander: Nuts! during the battle of the bulge as his reply to surrender terms for Bastogne.

I wonder what the german commander said when he got that reply?!

If I recall correctly, it didn’t quite translate.  The meaning was lost.

• “A man that eloquent has to be saved.”

Gen Patton on hearing McAuliff’s reply.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m