• Jimmy Buffet’s song Fruitcakes:

Where’s the church, who took the steeple
    Religion is in the hands of some crazy-ass people
    Television preachers with bad hair and dimples
    The god’s honest truth is it’s not that simple
    It’s the buddhist in you, it’s the pagan in me
    It’s the muslim in him, she’s catholic ain’t she?
    It’s the born again look it’s the wasp and the jew
    Tell me what’s goin on, I ain’t gotta clue

Modern day epicurian!

“War is Hell.” a lot of People and yours truly

• I cant believe I dont know that one.  :-o is is Sherman or Patton?

• Sherman I think.

My favorite: “Virtue in the middle,” said the Devil, as he stood between two lawyers.
    Runner-up: Praise the lord, and pass the ammo.
    Honorable Mention: “Either the wall-paper goes or I go” (last words of Oscar Wilde)

• Today is the day when General Tony McAuliffe announced to the German commander: Nuts! during the battle of the bulge as his reply to surrender terms for Bastogne.

• I wonder what the german commander said when he got that reply?! :lol:

• “War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things.  The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is far worse.  The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”
    John Stewart Mill

• Its not a tumor.

• On government

“All I think is that it’s stupid”
        Dave Barry

• Another sailor buddy of mine:

“I f**kin’ hate Green Day.  I think Green Day, Blink 182, and Sum 41 should all be duck taped together and shot into the sun.”

:lol: I laughed my a** off the first time I heard that one!  :lol:

• dude, that is awesome!!!

• “The greatest argument against Democracy is five minutes with the average voter. Democracy is the worst system of government, except all of the others”

• Winston Churchill (courtesy of The West Wing)

• @Yanny:

“The greatest argument against Democracy is five minutes with the average voter. Democracy is the worst system of government, except all of the others”

Add to that

“A person is smart, people are dumb”  from Men in Black

or my father’s version…
    “The masses are asses”

• Yanny, at least part of that line you attributed to Churchill was original to Will Rogers; to quote from him, “Democracy is the worst form of government, except for every other.” Don’t know about the first part…

• I’m getting my information from the TV show The West Wing, so I can’t vouch for it independently.

• @Yanny:

I’m getting my information from the TV show The West Wing

That was your first mistake :-P

• im sure the show is far from the truth, but it is amusing, but everytime i see that show i see apocolipse now, its weird.
    which brings me to my next favorte qoute

“Saigon, sh*t, im still only in Saigon!”

• Major K- that’s from Apocalypse Now.

One of my favorites:

“If the General won’t lead the Army perhaps he would allow me to BORROW it…”

and:

“… I almost feel as if I could make myself dicatator if that would please me but it would not
    -admirable self denial!!!”

• “If you can;t get them to salute when they should salute, and wear the clothes you tell them to wear, how are you going to get them to die for their country?”  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

“I don;t mind being called tough, since I find in this racket it’s the tough guys who lead the survivors”  Colonel Curtis LeMay

“Sir, my altitude is 7,250 feet above sea level– far, far above that of West Point or Annapolis”  USAFA Altimeter Check

• “Sir, my altitude is 7,250 feet above sea level– far, far above that of West Point or Annapolis”  USAFA Altimeter Check

F*ck the Air Force!  :mrgreen: bunch of sissies next to the Army or Marines.  :evil:

I got an appointment to the Air Force Academy, from my Congressman (Scott Garret: R, NJ). I told the SOB specifically, in EVERY form I filled out for the application, as well as in person to the review panel at the interview that I had NO interest in going to either the Air Force Academy, or Annapolis, that I was only interested in West Point, and he appoints me to the Air Force Academy!  :x
    haha, luckily by that point, I had already decided against going to a military academy anyway. Stupid Scott Garret.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m