• Customizer

Guys,

The reason is that we cannot afford to keep expanding colors. We will expand on the set colors based on the HBG and Global 40 colors. You can then expand into WW1, Korea, Vietnam staying with the same color and intermix the pieces. The Renault Ft-17 was used by many Minor Nations at the start of WW2, it was obsolete but used as recon, etc and if people have this in the same color they can use it with their existing armies. This is our vision and we think that our customer would much better have pieces where they can build upon their armies instead of a whole new color from another game. I am sorry you do not like it but our cost in 9 colors in quite expensive and to add another with minimum production runs is too much.

––When running a BUSINESS,…you not only want(must) to make decisions based on logic, but Cost Effectiveness. The obviously logical viewpoint of the “Coach” does just this, and has a wonderful side benefit of allowing the “mixing” of different sets/pieces as he mentioned. I’m thrilled that HBG is continuing to be a leader in continuously bringing out more and more sets for all of our enjoyment.
    ––Thank You guys at HBG.

“Tall Paul”

• @Coach

Thank you very much for the extensive answer!
    ANd I fully understand your reasoning!
    (I hope though that a time will come for your company that you can afford such a special set with perfect details (here: colour) as the starting point for an entirely new line (here: WW1)!)

And I DO like the release of the set especially the fact that it comes with the right basic units!
    Btw what will the 12th miniature be? A Machine Gunner, a 2nd (early war) Infantry or something else?
    The destroyer? The transport?

For me as a “history geek” it would have been Christmas to get the 100% WW1 release but honestly I am fine with the set as long as the light blue is really a light blue (not turquoise or with turquoise nuances)! (cannot say as I only own basic A&A sets from HBG)

kind regards
    Stefan

• speaking of WW1 and colors. Is there a plan to make pieces WW1 or otherwise (read ww2) in the Axis and Allies 1914 colors? To ask the same question in a different way. Will I one day be able to buy A-H colored pieces for both ww1 and ww2 armies?

• Customizer

Coach I think this set is a fantastic idea. The French pieces are perfect along with the original neutrals line-up to represent minor nations and alternative history house games.

• How much longer will we have to wait for HBG`s first WW1 set?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Chacmool:

How much longer will we have to wait for HBG`s first WW1 set?

this Fall

• @coachofmany:

@Chacmool:

this Fall

I’m glad we have a timeframe! But man, the anticipation is gonna kill me.

• Customizer

Any chance of cavalry pieces?

I know they were effectively obsolete, but so were Battleships in 1939.

Like this?

French_CavalryProgress_03-2-1.jpg

• Customizer

That’s the type of thing. Put me down for 8 of each colour.

Just need bombers, now.

• @coachofmany:

Like this?

My goodness. This is nice enough and detailed enough to be cast in bronze as a 15-foot-high statue that would look great in a memorial park somewhere in France!

• @coachofmany:

@Chacmool:

this Fall

Any news regarding the WW1 sets? Will the pieces also be available in the HBG-Euro store?

They will be available in the Europe store but we are working on rules, map, and more units for the release.

• Customizer

Had to bump this. I’m looking forward to this set.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m