Sculpt Colour Comparison Pictures

• The main quibble I have with the infantry sculpts is that the bayonets look too big, or perhaps too wide relative to their length.  It makes for a more solid sculpt (as compared with the bayonet on the Japanese A&A sculpt), but I’m not happy about the appearance.

• Not cartoony at all IMHO.

Think they look great, better than I expected.

• Is it only me, but the Brits look - sickly… ;)

I like the Cruiser and sub sculpts, the BB is too basic IMHO, but the transport is great IMHO

Arty is nice, but the Tanks and planes are just right .

The infantry also looks nice - I also think its sort of propaganda poster style…

I think the game has potential nad getting a 2nd edition is simply a must (more units and more of the existing units ;))

• Customizer

@Razor:

In that case, what would be your explanation of the cartoony sculpts ?

Who said they looked cartoony? I think they look a lot better than some of the WW2 sculpts. So tired of looking at the same damn Brit units with shorts and tin hats.

• Customizer

The quality of the infantry is variable; the USA piece is a 9/10, the Italiano is rather awkward, the gait of the Russians and Austrians is questionable.

But overall they’re fine, certainly don’t think of them as cartoony. What about the sculpts in The Conflict; are they, what, postery? decoesque?

• I believe that these infantry sculpts are the best in any A and A game yet

• How about a photo of all the new ones next to each other?

• @Shakespeare:

How about a photo of all the new ones next to each other?

Yes, I can certainly do that.  I’m going to be out of town briefly, so I’ll only be able to take the picture in a day or two.

• I think the US infantry is the best.Followed by Russias then Britain. Agree that France,Austria and Ottoman could be better. Italy’s is the worst.

• @Shakespeare:

How about a photo of all the new ones next to each other?

Here’s the requested picture, in front and back versions.

All Troops 1.jpg
    All Troops 2.jpg

• The Italian look akward  :-o

• Customizer

They wonder why their capital is only worth half as much as anyone elses. That would make anyone fee awkward.

• Anyone compare the colours to HBG peices?

• Once again the WotC dopes have given us some goofy colors!  Even given the specific colors they chose, they assigned them very oddly: It would have worked so much better to given the Ottomans the Italian color (which is close to the old Japanese color, which makes some sort of sense as it is somewhere in the realm of the Ottomon brown and since the Ottomans sort of take the Japanese place as the Germans’ flank ally…) meanwhile the Austrians should have gotten the blue-green they gave the Ottomans (somewhere in the vicinity of their early-war “Pike grey”) and the Italians the green they gave the Austrians (in the vicinity of the Italian early-war grey-green.

Once again… WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!

• @Razor:

The Italian look akwardÂ

The Italian pose reflects the fact that, in the absence of anti-aircraft artillery (which is only available in the A&A WWII games), WWI infantry had to rely on bayonets to defend themselves against airplanes.

• '13

Ok with close inpection with my units, i have a german battle ship that has a different shade of grey then the others. The german transports arnt the same shade as the cuisers either.

Thats not too bad of a difference but when i looked at russia, i almost thought i had two italian subs with the other russian subs. The shade is very noticable and also one of the russian tranports has a diffcerent shade of brown yet not as strong as the subs. Alwell, it doesn’t ruin anything but it kinda annoys me a bit.

• Customizer

Ah, I’d thought I was the only one with this difficulty.

Two of my Russian fighters are the light brown version, close to Italy in shade by still brown.

I suspect that the first run had all Russian units in light brown, but it clashed too much with Italy so they made them darker.

Shouldn’t be selling us mixed sets, though.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m