• Customizer

You’re thinking of Imperious leader’s game.

My position is clear - an exact set up for August 1914 - after that anything can happen that was possible and credible given known parameters.

• Ahh yeah it was IL’s turn order thing.  Sorry about that.

I just think the political actions of countries should be such that they allow the military for each country to do what it wants within the rules of the game.  So, America could have built up for war in 1914, but they only have 20/turn, so it isn’t that much actually.

• @LinkandMarioman:

It’s important to note, though, that GB can’t create units in Africa, which means that one of the fronts dies down, when the British army there is defeated - I think it will be somewhat easily done, if the Ottomans put their back into it.

Pretend, then, that the British pour all their money into Indian units - then, yes, they are indeed able to crush the Ottomans because they earn +14 IPCs per turn, but then France/Italy is definetly toast. If they spend around half their IPC-values there (seems fair, right?) then the fight is even - 16 IPCs against 15 IPCs.
    There is hope for the Ottomans - furthermore, I think that Bulgaria is worth 3 IPCs (would be fair considering Romania), so they earn roughly the same amount of IPCs as the US after the first turn.

I don’t think the Ottomans can do much in Africa unless Britain screws up and send their sizable stack in Egypt somewhere other than Jordan/Hejaz. The set up has Britain outnumbering the

Ottomans on that front so they can’t make any advances into Africa till at least 3 turns in and by then Britain will have either invaded Persia and/or brought Arabia into the fight forcing

Turkey to fight a 4-5 front war with Britain making up 3 of those fronts!

• Our game is 15 turns: Russia, then CP, then Entente. On turn one, it is historical order of play ( just for that one turn).

And no aircraft carriers or lazer guided armored trains. Those would be in flashman’s version. Also, USA can’t come in on turn one and ruin the game either.

• Customizer

So what does the US do in your game before declaring war?

Spend billions of your tax dollars building up units for a war it has no intention of joining?

Collecting money every turn to spend on a war it has no intention of joining, rather than, for example, spending it on public services?

Maintain a modest military to police the Americas by invading the likes of Mexico and Haiti?

Or just not have a turn until it is attacked or declares war?

• The US should lose D6 infantry a turn while hunting Pancho Villa.

• Customizer

And d12 infantry if they ever find him.

• Customizer

I’ve added a Commonwealth Units box to my map, just below India. The idea is that ordered units intended for Bombay are placed here rather than the Saharan mob zone. You can’t choose to place units here based on how your turn goes, you have to decide when you pay for them.

This seem a fairer representation of the time taken to transport units from the Pacific.

Don’t think this will be in the official rules, though.

• So what does the US do in your game before declaring war?

They are required to build only armored trains…with lazers

Spend billions of your tax dollars building up units for a war it has no intention of joining?

They join automatically on a fixed turn, to maintain balance.

Collecting money every turn to spend on a war it has no intention of joining, rather than, for example, spending it on public services?

They buy pizza and multiple copies of AA games

Maintain a modest military to police the Americas by invading the likes of Mexico and Haiti?

The police are employed in Haiti Dreadnought construction

Or just not have a turn until it is attacked or declares war?

The US is not on our map, no need for that or Mexico. They deploy in Brittany on turn 8, or in UK

• Customizer

@Imperious:

They buy Pizza and multiple copies of Axis and Allies games.

That’s your whole life right there.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m