WE HAVE BEEN MISLED (Read before buying 40.2)

• TripleA

POKER IS A SPORT, DO NOT JUDGE THE WAYS OF POKER.

• Old chips are better.  The green ones worth 3 is a good idea and HBG has green ones for sale.

• I personally like the “old” chips. Yes, the “new” ones are smaller in diamater but they seemed much thicker to me which I didn’t care for. I do like the green chips though but I bought blue a while back for 3 and I’m just using the green for 20 (I have yellow ones for 10)

• Customizer

Chips are cool but I really am fine with just using the old chips. Unless I’m totally INF stacking the best ones are white or gray anyway. The A&A custom chips are cool but if I want superflous pieces to ad flavor I’ll buy HBG aircraft.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Black chips from HBG are superior to Green Chips.

• Yeah I got some of those too. originally as “damage chips”, but the red & black looks very nice and fascistic

• '10

“Dime added for sizing purposes, not included with the game.”

Now they’re not including dimes with the games anymore?! How cheap can these punks get?

• Sponsor

I prefer a universal design for all chips in A&A because they give you so few in one game, it’s enevitable that you will purchase a second game just to beef up on units, dice, and chips. I have my own blue chips that I use as 10 spots.

• Thanks for the photos on what I’m missing out on (I don’t own AA42 2nd Ed).  I’m no longer concerned (not that I really ever was).  I VASTLY prefer the old chips.  And now I know I’d prefer to just pick up the 1942 2nd ed board and setup sheets on ebay and use global pieces.  Much easier.

• Now they’re not including dimes with the games anymore?! How cheap can these punks get?

Funny you mention that, back when i was a kid, they used to include nickels inside M&M packets. I never knew what the promotion was about but to a kid it was fun collecting the money.

• What year did they do that in IL.
    If a company was putting metal disks in with their food product nowadays we would have a federal case on our hands.

• It was in like 1968-70. I thought it was strange but i kept buying them because it was like Vegas. The things were like .20-.25 back then and a nickel was big money for kids. I remember it was in the summer of one of those years.

• TripleA

I’ll take whatever locks in better. which is the old chips.

• Thank you robbie358 for the picture,
    They effectively look nice.
    Would have tell that sooner, but i’m a new dad now!
    Was at the hospital since last Fryday,
    She weight 8 pound, 20 inch long!

• @Boyardee:

Thank you robbie358 for the picture,
    They effectively look nice.
    Would have tell that sooner, but i’m a new dad now!
    Was at the hospital since last Fryday,
    She weight 8 pound, 20 inch long!

Congratulations!!!

• Customizer

Hey robbie358,
    I understand your complaint. I was very surprised that the new '40 games had the old style of chips. Like you, I just assumed that the new style of chips in the '42 2e game would be the standard from here on. Especially since they actually have “Axis & Allies” printed on them. I also like the '42 2e style chips. Luckily, I bought several copies of the game so I now have plenty of those chips to use.

Didn’t someone say the chips from the’40 2e games don’t stack up with chips from previous versions either? That really sucks. Glad I won’t be using those.

By the way guys, I think it is weird that you are using the green chips to represent 3 units. I don’t understand the need to represent 3. Why not simply use 3 grey chips? I use grey for 1, green for 5 and red for 10. Since there is rarely a need for more than 10, I don’t really need something for 20 or higher.
    Before I got the 42 2e style chips, I was using chips I got from HBG. I had white for 1, red for 5, blue for 10, yellow for 20, green for 50 and black for 100. I also got some orange and brown chips which I guess could represent 500 and 1000. As stated before, it was vary rare that I ever had to go over blue.
    I just think designating a chip to represent 3 seems weird to me, unless you just want more varied colors of chips on the board.

• Customizer

I think the motivation for using green chips was to make it appear as though the limited number of chips that are included are sufficient as players typically ran out before. I’m not convinced that even with using the green chips that there are enough chips in the game as of present. Like many of you I have many many extra chips so it’s not a problem for me.
    However if I bought the game for my first time I would be rather disappointed.

• Would anyone be interested in a trade?  I’ll give up all my Europe and Pacific 1940 2nd Edition stacking chips in exchange for anyone’s 1942 2nd Edition chips, and any 1941 chips you don’t need.  I use the '41 chips as damage markers.  I’d also be interested in anyone’s Japanese control markers from A&A Pacific 1940 2nd Edition.

We can either trade in-person or I’ll send you the chips in the mail.

If that doesn’t tickle your fancy, I’ll send you one of my Chinese Flying Tiger P-40s, should the price be right.

• Again, I’m looking for:

• '42.2 “new” chips
    • '41 “paper” chips
    • Japan control markers from '40.2

I have to trade:

• '40.2 “old” chips
    • painted P-40

• DEAL.  PM me.  Also, if you are looking for some extra units let me know and maybe I can throw in some extras.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m